Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camper build

• 12-05-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi all i have a 02 sprinter 311 long wheel base one. Was thinking of converting her to a camper anyone know around how much it would cost to do a right job on it and is it a problem getting insurance on a selfbuild here in ireland .Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Hi,
    there are plenty of threads on doing a conversion.
    Probably the best one is currently at the bottom of this page!!!!

Look for the one by Buford T Justice.

That should tell you the way he went about it.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yeah, linkie in my sig to my conversion.

Piece of advice, don't put the table and main bed in the middle of the van. Try to stick it down the back of the van if you can. I've only realised after using it that when you're sitting at the table, or with the bed out etc... it cuts off the back of the van completely. Can be a bit akward.

Read my thread, and any questions you have fire them up here. Plenty of us can give you some advice then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Thanks lads for the good advice and the good build thread

Advertisement