Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pub in temple bar

Options
  • 12-05-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest good pub that resembles dublin night life.not touristy thing. I am not new to dublin but hasnt gone to pubs yet.want some local stuff and fun. Focus is not on drinks but some music ( irish might be good) and entertainment. ya anything kids( 3 years old) if possible please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The foggy dew is nice, good music too. Or the Porterhouse for a nice pint of plain.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

The quays has greaaat music, but it is tourist central.

He plays billy joel :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Can anyone suggest good pub that resembles dublin night life.not touristy thing. I am not new to dublin but hasnt gone to pubs yet.want some local stuff and fun. Focus is not on drinks but some music ( irish might be good) and entertainment. ya anything kids( 3 years old) if possible please

Kids.... Pub.....gtfo, please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

downstairs in the stag's head (not templebar but just across the road) is good for a trad session. it might be a bit tight for the kid though. i can't imagine there's much for a 3yr old to do in any dublin pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

The foggy dew is nice, good music too. Or the Porterhouse for a nice pint of plain.
    Will it be fine with kid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

The Temple Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Will it be fine with kid?

No. Kids are not allowed in pubs at night. No exceptions, it's illegal and you will not be allowed in.

Kids.... Pub.....gtfo, please :)
    I know, but right now i cant find babysitter for her and one of my freind came frm chez not expecting him to ask for it with our family.just want entry to the pub with my kid thats all, dont mind if there is any activity for her or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I know, but right now i cant find babysitter for her and one of my freind came frm chez not expecting him to ask for it with our family.just want entry to the pub with my kid thats all, dont mind if there is any activity for her or not

As previously mentioned you will not be allowed in, especially on a Saturday night! How about getting a few cans in and drinking at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Are you ****ing soft,looking to bring a 3 year old into a pub at night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Yea like you're looking for a pub in ireland where the focus is not on drink and you want to bring a kid, have you heard of McDonalds? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

grogan's pub is good for a pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I'd be in the porterhouse personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Ah, I don't blame you.

Dam three year Olds should be savvy enough to entertain themselves after all.:rolleyes:

Pub on a Saturday any evening of the week its no place for a baby op.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Moved to Dublin City Forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Will the 3 year old be getting his own round in?

we dropped the idea finally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

3 years old , great parent!

Advertisement