Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German windows 7 to english

Options
  • 12-05-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I recently bought a pc in parts from hardwareversand.com, I built and installed the windows 7 that i ordered with it. As i dont speak german i need to change it to english, I assume this is possible since i was recommended to buy windows from hardwareversand when I asked here about custom build.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I recently bought a pc in parts from hardwareversand.com, I built and installed the windows 7 that i ordered with it. As i dont speak german i need to change it to english, I assume this is possible since i was recommended to buy windows from hardwareversand when I asked here about custom build.

Yep but you need to do it before you install windows. You need to download the english version from here, and either burn it to a DVD or install it from a USB drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

Thank you for the link, what should i do if i have already installed the german window. is there a way to reverse it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Thank you for the link, what should i do if i have already installed the german window. is there a way to reverse it?

You should be able to just reformat the drive during the reinstall.

actually what i meant say is, what is the best way to go about un-installing windows and re-installing the english version and will the product key still work even though i have already installed it?

excuse my ignorance on all this, would really appreciate the help

marco_polo wrote: »

ah, so the option to reformat will be there when i put the disk in, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

actually what i meant say is, what is the best way to go about un-installing windows and re-installing the english version and will the product key still work even though i have already installed it?

excuse my ignorance on all this, would really appreciate the help

If it is the system builder version you can reinstall it as often as you want on the same hardware.

If it is retail version you can install it again on any machine as often as you want, but it can only be activated on one machine at a time.

marco_polo wrote: »

ah, so the option to reformat will be there when i put the disk in, thank you.

Yep there ahould be an option to wipe the current installation during the reinstall.

Thank you very much for your help, I have no reason to panic now:)

ok, i downloaded the iso, but i'm confused. Do i need special software to burn it to disc or can i just use the windows burn option?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I did the exact same, bought Windows 7 from Hardwareversand and it was installed in German by default. Anyway what version did you get? If it's Ultimate then you can easily change it to English without re-installing etc. There was a few changes to be made but it didn't take long. Can't remember exactly what I did, google should tell you what you need to know.

As far as I am aware it is also possible to change language with the lower versions but it might be a bit more involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

I use imgburn personally. When burning the DVD do it at a low enough speed. i.e. 4x or 8x to minimise errors.

Advertisement