Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU MA Journalism - Don't have to do an interview?

Options
  • 12-05-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

I got offered a place in the MA Journalism course in DCU with a reply date of 25th of May but PAC.ie doesn't state that I've to do an interview even though the DCU website says that there's an interview process. Does that mean I don't have to do the interview?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ruthieface

I got offered a place without an interview as well and I was wondering the same thing? I was thinking that perhaps the course was undersubscribed this year? I'm kind of scared incase it's a mistake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

If you got offered a place and it doesn't stipulate that it's subject to an interview then you don't need to do one. Most colleges have an interview process for candidates but usually they only hold them if they are really undecided on certain students. Congrats on getting in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Ruthieface: I was hoping that perhaps our sample article was just so good. Oh well, doesn't matter. We got in anyway. See you in September?

Vivelavie: thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ruthieface

Thanks ViveLaVie! I just found it very strange as the course very clearly states the process for entry on their website as interview based. Also looking on boards, there are loads of threads about people doing interviews for it, very strange.

DEmeantOr: Haha yeah I was hoping that was the case as well! I'm pretty sure I've heard of another person who got in this year without an interview. Perhaps they pick a few of us straight off and then interview the rest? But yes, I shall definitely be seeing you in September (providing I get my degree). It seems like an amazing course so hopefully it lives up to my expectations!

Advertisement