Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of person annoys you the most?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭diabloro

Users,Liars,Theives,know it alls,cheaters,and attention seeking pretentious ****es for a start. Most people don't annoy me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭AngryLips

davpigboy wrote: »
    People who use the word austerity

No no, people who use the term 'current economic climate'. Trust us Irish to turn a talk of the economy into something about the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Dudess wrote: »
    Ooh yes. "I'll defend the Israel military crushing 300 people to death because then I'll be socking it to the hippies".

Woah, the fcuk is this?! Hippy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭chocolatrose

People who put forward their views on certain subjects at the most inappropriate times particularly with regard to religion...there is a time and a place i.e. people who hold atheism beliefs giving lectures to people who have just lost a loved one

Parent that let their children run riot without any consideration for discipline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

People who get angry at everything for no reason, in turn making their own life difficult and thus creating a viscious circle.

also, women.

People who put forward their views on certain subjects at the most inappropriate times particularly with regard to religion...there is a time and a place i.e. people who hold atheism beliefs giving lectures to people who have just lost a loved one

err, are you saying that atheism and loss/grief are incompatible? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Bull****ters - people who make up stories about everything. They drive me mad. No matter what is being discussed they have to have some big story about how it relates to them.

Like last week we were having a few pints, and one of the lads starting bull****ting about something or other. It pissed me off, and because I'm a black belt in karate, I kicked his ass in front of the whole pub, and Jackie Chan was there and said I was the best karate person he ever saw and he invited me over to his academy in China so I can be an instructor and teach karate to everyone in China. But I couldn't go because I had to do an exam the next day to get in to Mensa which I hadn't even studied for. But I did the exam and got the highest in the world so they're making me Vice-Chairperson of Mensa but I had to turn it down because I didn't have time because I'm negotiating with all the Premiership clubs who want to buy Eden Hazard because my dad's company owns 74% of his economic rights, as well as doing all the background voices for Mario Rosenstock.

Hate those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

hate the way women go so mad when they see each on a night out even tough they have been hangin out together all week, they start screamin and huggin each other, just calm down...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

I absolutely despise people who smile all the time for no reason - you're just doing your shopping - stop fcuking smiling!!!

This made me laugh because there have been times I've been spending an afternoon in bed with a charming man and have thrown some clothes on, legged it to the supermarket to buy food and wine/beer, then legged it home again with my supplies, but realised the whole time I was grinning like a girl who has just spent an afternoon in bed with a charming man and will soon be back there - this time with lots of lovely things to eat and drink.

Admittedly, it doesn't really fit your 'for no reason' description, but next time you see a girl grinning like a loon while doing her shopping, it might just be me on a lucky day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

there is a time and a place i.e. people who hold atheism beliefs giving lectures to people who have just lost a loved one

I have never, ever heard of someone doing that. On the other hand though ... http://blogs.independent.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Westboro-Baptist-Church.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

people on the telly who talk of kicking the can further down the road in this economic climate.

AngryLips wrote: »
    err, are you saying that atheism and loss/grief are incompatible? :confused:

Nope, but when the people they are lecturing to are of faith and they are aware of it, there lies the problem, it's rather insensitive at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

cocoshovel wrote: »
    People who get angry at everything for no reason, in turn making their own life difficult and thus creating a viscious circle.

also, women.

Hahahhahahaaaa.

"...also, on a totally unrelated note, women."

I see what you did there. With my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

I hate everyone

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    This made me laugh because there have been times I've been spending an afternoon in bed with a charming man and have thrown some clothes on, legged it to the supermarket to buy food and wine/beer, then legged it home again with my supplies, but realised the whole time I was grinning like a girl who has just spent an afternoon in bed with a charming man and will soon be back there - this time with lots of lovely things to eat and drink.

Admittedly, it doesn't really fit your 'for no reason' description, but next time you see a girl grinning like a loon while doing her shopping, it might just be me on a lucky day ;)

I guessed it was you in front of me in the basket only checkout

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Loud atheists and people who needlessly work their political beliefs into everything. There was a dude I worked with once who couldn't have a conversation without bringing up his hyper-liberal point of view. I had to actively avoid the motherfucker eventually because I was genuinely concerned that I'd end up rabbit punching him.

I have never, ever heard of someone doing that. On the other hand though ... http://blogs.independent.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Westboro-Baptist-Church.jpg

I didn't think someone would either...I think it was a case of verbal diarrhoea not thinking before speaking in the case I have in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

hate those goth types who all dress up in black in large groups trying to be different yet all look the same!! yes..ye are very unique!

This made me laugh because there have been times I've been spending an afternoon in bed with a charming man and have thrown some clothes on, legged it to the supermarket to buy food and wine/beer, then legged it home again with my supplies, but realised the whole time I was grinning like a girl who has just spent an afternoon in bed with a charming man

You've just lowered my opinion of all smiling single women I see in the local supermarket, and I thought my opinion couldn't get any lower...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

If you do anything from this video, I probably find you annoying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I

You've just lowered my opinion of all smiling single women I see in the local supermarket, and I thought my opinion couldn't get any lower...

Does that mean I'm now on your 'type of people who annoy you the most' list? :p

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Very poor listeners .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

paddyandy wrote: »
    Very poor listeners .

Sorry what were you saying? :pac:

paddyandy wrote: »
    Very poor listeners .

what?:D

ahh sorry someone had to do it.

Does that mean I'm now on your 'type of people who annoy you the most' list? :p

Keep talking ;)

• Advertisement

Fizzlesque from now on you will be forced to do your shopping online to stop people being annoyed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Well next time maybe take some time to consider how fukcing annoying you look to innocent bystanders who are being infected with your knowing grin! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Jelly Babies haters! :P

Keep talking ;)

You might regret encouraging me.....

But what the hell, it's all for a good cause (it is, isn't it?) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Spanish students

It's nearly that time of year again

I don't stop for anyone, if they block the footpath I'm not slowing down

• Advertisement

Fizzlesque from now on you will be forced to do your shopping online to stop people being annoyed:D

No....please don't make me shop online, I promise to be suitably surly when doing my shopping from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Biggins wrote: »
    Jelly Babies haters! :P

Jelly Babies are the scum of the jelly world.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Spanish students

It's nearly that time of year again

The ones with the matching backpacks are the worst, especially when they're bright yellow or orange.

No....please don't make me shop online, I promise to be suitably surly when doing my shopping from now on.

No no shop on line it is. But dont worry, i do delivery:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Why do they put their backpacks on their chests?

Do they think we are a nation of thieves and going to pickpocket them all?

Actually I am very suspicious of people who dislike chocolate or strawberries.

Tesco home delivery is your friend. At least that way the delivery guy can take one for the team.

The ones with the matching backpacks are the worst, especially when they're bright yellow or orange.

remember the ones that used to have the luminous different straps on their back packs. must be the fashion or seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

1. People who take pleasure out of another's misfortune/embarrassment/failings.

2. Hyper-liberals who think all people with differing views are somehow conditioned by religion and aren't able to think for themselves. These people generally have an arrogance to go with their views, in my experience.

I really can't stand those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭aoraki

People who still support Fianna Fail despite the bleedin' obvious god-awful mess they have made out of this country.

People who still support the Catholic Church for the same reasons above.

Ardent GAA supporters.

Fans of Aslan.

Aslan themselves.

That's pretty much it.

Oh, Damian Dempsey as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 davpigboy

People talking like theyre American depresses the **** out of me

Well next time maybe take some time to consider how fukcing annoying you look to innocent bystanders who are being infected with your knowing grin! :)

I have noted your disapproval, flutterflye. I shall endeavour to give myself a good talking to in the hall mirror, while removing the Cheshire cat grin from my face, before embarking on such a shopping journey in the future. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Ah yes, 10 of them huddled around one cup of coffee/overpriced pint of Temple Bar Guinness. Horses for courses I know, but some of those "fashions" they have are awful looking.. Like they fell through a clothesline!

People who drive/cycle through pedestrian crossings because they tried to make the green light as it changed! (bitter pedestrian is bitter)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 davpigboy

aoraki wrote: »
    People who still support Fianna Fail despite the bleedin' obvious god-awful mess they have made out of this country.

People who still support the Catholic Church for the same reasons above.

Ardent GAA supporters.

Fans of Aslan.

Aslan themselves.

That's pretty much it.

Oh, Damian Dempsey as well.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

i think im getting annoyed with all the annoyed people.

lighten up the lot of ye ( bet some of ye hate that)

Drama queens
    Negative people
    Bitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Why do they put their backpacks on their chests?

Do they think we are a nation of thieves and going to pickpocket them all?

I have to say, I never noticed that, which odd, considering there used be hordes of them blocking narrow paths in front of me. Is this a recent thing?

robman60 wrote: »
    People who take pleasure out of another's misfortune/embarrassment/failings.

I really can't stand those people.

Yeah, me too. Though, that's just nasty carry on. More abhorrent than annoying.

[never get to use the word 'abhorrent' - it's not even easy to say - and, in my mind I say the words I type, which is probably unnecessary]

i think im getting annoyed with all the annoyed people.

lighten up the lot of ye ( bet some of ye hate that)

The worst is when some stranger tells you to "smile, it may never happen" - how do they know 'it' didn't just happen?
    Anything at all could be the cause of you looking a bit down.
    Do these people think their stupid comment will be well received?
    Do they think it will help in some way?
    They should just mind their own business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

davpigboy wrote: »
    People talking like theyre American depresses the **** out of me

Yeah, I hate people who use the language and grammar of another country, instead of their own. :rolleyes:

Advertisement