Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of person annoys you the most?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Judgemental twats, you because of their own inferiority complex bring others down.

Hot girls who are stuck up...and are just sound to lads with reputations like on the senior cup rugby team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Tourists who don't seem to realise that people actually live in the place they visit and have no respect for it (this applies both here and abroad). Closely related to tourists who have the "Everyone should speak English" attitude and slag off any locals with poor English.

People who are unnecessarily slow.

Scene kids. Especially at gigs, when they're standing there with a band-members' name scrawled on their chest/face in eyeliner, shouting "freeeee hugs!" every two minutes and screeching every time a tech walks on stage.

The many people who used to shout "Ginger!" at me in the street/in shopping centres when I was a teenager. Eh, I know what colour my hair is, thanks for telling me though...

People who think everyone should have the same opinions and interests as them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

The worst is when some stranger tells you to "smile, it may never happen" - how do they know 'it' didn't just happen?
    Anything at all could be the cause of you looking a bit down.
    Do these people think their stupid comment will be well received?
    Do they think it will help in some way?
    They should just mind their own business.

i agree or people that tell you it takes more muscles to frown than smile.
    fcuk off im exercising!!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

No no shop on line it is. But dont worry, i do delivery:cool:

I like a man who can deliver :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

No one annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Go to a gig and all you see in front of you is a sea of bright mobile phones

Why did you pay into a gig and then try to record it through a tiny mobile phone screen
    Nobody wants to see your ****ty youtube video and comment OMG, I waz there

Go to the gig, relax, watch and listen.

Put away that phone
    And it's getting in the way for people behind you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Sindri wrote: »
    No one annoys me.

*shoves hand in your face

Not touching you! Can't get mad! Not touching! Can't get mad! Not touching! Can't get mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

culchies who think they're the great craic, you know the type..the GAA clad gombeens you meet abroad who say ridiculous things like .."ah sure everyone loves the irish"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The worst is when some stranger tells you to "smile, it may never happen" - how do they know 'it' didn't just happen?
    Anything at all could be the cause of you looking a bit down.
    Do these people think their stupid comment will be well received?
    Do they think it will help in some way?
    They should just mind their own business.

Some pleb said this to me in a pub once, so I told him "My father died last week.".

He spent the rest of the night grovelling and saying sorry. Best stifled laughs ever.

AngryLips wrote: »
    Tesco home delivery is your friend. At least that way the delivery guy can take one for the team.

Jeepers, AngryLips, that's a grim and grey snapshot into your psyche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    I like a man who can deliver :p

place your order:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Pedantic mofo's who have to do everthing absoulatly 100% perfect, and wunks who correct spellung on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

People who are absolutely full of themselves
    i have a friend who thinks everyone is in love with her and that everyone fancies the arse off her....no they dont love...they are just being nice :rolleyes:

People who think they are always right and refuse to accept they are wrong to the point of becoming extremely aggressive...

People who are so needy and expect everything to be handed on a silver plate to them...the kind of people who are nearly 21 and still throw a strop worse than a 2 year old because they are not getting their own way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I have noted your disapproval, flutterflye. I shall endeavour to give myself a good talking to in the hall mirror, while removing the Cheshire cat grin from my face, before embarking on such a shopping journey in the future. :)
    Before you do that, consider that, given your described circumstances, it's your right to look as satisfied/contented/happy as you damn well please, and you may be beaming a ray of colourful light into an otherwise grey and dour shopping experience populated by grey and dour people who didn't get any. :D
    You may even take the time to post your experiences here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1292 if you so wish and nobody can stop you.
    Just sayin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Johro wrote: »
    You may even take the time to post your experiences here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1292 .

That link made me feel sick.
    What an awful place!!! :)

Do you work in an office? A medium to large sized one?

I bet there is a gang of middle aged women in there who are pure vicious. They put down everyone. They judge everybody and have a comment for all situations
    Tbh, even the lads are frightened of them.

They are usually overweight despite having knowledge of every diet out there.

If a young attractive girl starts work she is automatically a "skinny bitch"

They are insanely jealous of anyone who does not struggle with weight like that do

I also guarantee they spend every day bitching and moaning about the cold despite the fact it's a sunny day and the place is roasting

Thought it would. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Toothpaste89

Mé féiners. It's all me me me me me me me me. My best friend is one :( I still love her though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056514335

This made me a little sick in my mouth :pac: thanks!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

people who are put downers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Mé féiners. It's all me me me me me me me me. My best friend is one :( I still love her though.

i have one like that too!! The same one who is full of herself!

She got mad at me coz i forgot she bought new shoes..i told her that i didnt listen to her...she says i always listen to you......no she doesnt so i quizzed her and proved her wrong! It was a good day! :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056514335

This made me a little sick in my mouth :pac: thanks!!!
    You need one of these. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055902992

Before you do that, consider that, given your described circumstances, it's your right to look as satisfied/contented/happy as you damn well please, and you may be beaming a ray of colourful light into an otherwise grey and dour shopping experience populated by grey and dour people who didn't get any. :D
    You may even take the time to post your experiences here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1292 if you so wish and nobody can stop you.
    Just sayin'.

Well, you know, since happening upon these boards I have found I seem to look at only a handful of the very many boards within, so thanks for guiding me towards one I haven't yet visited.

I'm sure I could muster up a happy experience or two to share, but not of the aforementioned (in this thread) nature. Cheers. :)

place your order:)

Order placed. Multiplied by three, please :)

Well, you know, since happening upon these boards I have found I seem to look at only a handful of the very many boards within, so thanks for guiding me towards one I haven't yet visited.

I'm sure I could muster up a happy experience or two to share, but not of the aforementioned (in this thread) nature. Cheers. :)
    Don't thank me yet...
    If I wanted thanks though, I'd guide you here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056129150.
    Aaaaahhhh the mustard forum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ex smokers who put down and preach to current smokers. You gave up - good for you - now leave me alone to enjoy my deliciously evil habit in peace!

People who judge others primarily on how they look, whether it be gingers, fat people, black or asian people, beautiful people, tattooed people etc. Diversity should be celebrated.

People who kill animals for pleasure.

Edit: Oooh, just remembered another one - people who have victorian attitudes towards mothers breastfeeding in public. I despise that attitude in people who should be old enough to know better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Jelly Babies are the scum of the jelly world.

:(

Don't thank me yet...
    If I wanted thanks though, I'd guide you here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056129150.
    Aaaaahhhh the mustard forum...

I am reviewing the situation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96rC4X_KWl4 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Barstoolers. Found in the pub every weekend shouting at 'their' team on the television, yet they're the die-hard 'fans'. Man Utd/Liverpool/Celtic/Whoever is doing well.

• Advertisement

You're having a great houseparty, good music, good chat :)

And some tool whips out a guitar and starts playing sad slow ballads
    And if you even dare to talk then you get filthy looks and get hushed

Guitar players at housepartys should be strangled with the string :mad:

While I'm here, people who insult you the host and pick apart your music collection
    Oh them roysh, I preferred them before they went mainstream, too commerical now. I prefer their early stuff
    Damn music snobs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Ignorant people, who then label anything they don't have the capacity to understand as "stupid". There is pretty much a populace of this type for everything in the world, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

A yuppie who lives in a celtic tiger estate in a Dublin commuter town. Actually closer to Athlone than Dublin but he'd be too good for them midland folk so he considers it a commuter town. While an impressive looking building with a few pillars and fake stone walls, it has the construction quality of a swiss roll - these days the cavity insulation he got a grant for does more to hold up the roof than the walls do.

Drives an Audi Q7 or a similar crapheap with an automatic gearbox, he had to buy this vehicle 'for the kids', of which he might only have one but sure he plans for a second one anyway. He reports the neighbours bonfire under John Gormley's anti-bonfire law so he can feel like he's doing good for the environment and carbon offset his 100+ mile a day commute in Q7. Gets it serviced at the main dealer because only a qualified mechanic is able to properly remove an oil filter.

Regularly spouts out shoite like "On a quid pro-quo basis", "going forward" and "store it in the cloud" to boost other people's perception of his intelligence.

His garage is littered with kids toys, 500e child seats he used for a week and then upgraded to a 'safer' model. A 2,000e bicycle with all the extra gimmicks which he bought under the bike to work scheme which he never uses and bought a week before he moved to his "commuter town"

The job he does would be fairly non technical, no sweat pouring off this lad's back from all the code he'd be writing. Instead it would be a more of a dos job, marketing or legal advice for a Web 3.0 company. Spends the day licking the boss's arse in hope of getting a promotion. You wouldn't want to be seen taking a wee break at work for this fella would report you.

Buys the latest gimmick all the time and looks down on others for not doing the same. Doesn't matter what kind of gimmick it is, no need for examples here. If the cool, modern 'hip' crowd have it, he'll have one as well. He'll ramble on about this new thing he got and how great it is incessantly even after it is pointed out to him that its an utter piece of shoite like his car.

He'd be a popular enough fella with a lot of friends but he wouldn't give you the steam off his piss. If you sat down with him in a pub he'd soon bring up the latest law-obiding good thing to do, like voting Yes to the fiscal treaty, paying the household charge, whatever it was the government wanted this lad would put in a subtle plug for it in every day conversation.

You could mention any third-world war-torn country to him and he'd spout off at least 10 ways he thinks the said country is better than Ireland and how he's only here because of his family. He'd let on he's such a salt of the earth lad he wouldn't leave them despite the fact he hasn't gone home in years because his parents would try and make him go to mass and the militant atheist in him wouldn't put up with that at all.

mikemac1 wrote: »

While I'm here, people who insult you the host and pick apart your music collection
    Oh them roysh, I preferred them before they went mainstream, too commerical now. I prefer their early stuff

Same in a pub when some silly old sod at another table launches into their "party piece" singing a crapella :rolleyes:

Don't mind a guitar appearing when it's a good uplifting set that gets a singsong going though!

eth0 wrote: »
    A yuppie who lives in a celtic tiger estate in a Dublin commuter town.......

Could you elaborate a bit, I'm not sure I know the kind of person you mean - you're being too vague.

long story full of characters

Are you David McWilliams?

• Advertisement

I laughed heartily at your post, mikemac, but from a 'oh hell, yes, that's very annoying' point of view. Drives me scatty when that happens. Even worse when it's a Sean Nos singer....not even a guitar sound to cut through the awful wailing....Sean Nos singer's song. Seriously painful stuff. Hope I never end up at one of those parties again.

Are you David McWilliams?

Onions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

I can't stand meanness in people. I know some people who not give a loan to there best friend a week before payday when they would get the money back a week later. A friend who gives you a €20 present when you give them presents worth a €100 plus even though you earn €25k a year when the friend earns €45k a year.

Another thing that annoys me is people who forget there friends. There friends were there to go out with, when relationships when bad, when they needed a loan ect but now the friend has a new job, house, boyfriend and the other person is lucky to get a 10c text message from them every 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

I can't stand meanness in people. I know some people who not give a loan to there best friend a week before payday when they would get the money back a week later. A friend who gives you a €20 present when you give them presents worth a €100 plus even though you earn €25k a year when the friend earns €45k a year.

Another thing that annoys me is people who forget there friends. There friends were there to go out with, when relationships when bad, when they needed a loan ect but now the friend has a new job, house, boyfriend and the other person is lucky to get a 10c text message from them every 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

serial complainers... AH Im looking at you :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Laalaaa

The show off in college who feels the need to shout out the answer to every question and then sit back in his chair like he's the shít.

Your Blue Peter badge is in the post now shut the fcuk up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

anyone who uses the word "Orthodontist" in a sentence involving their kid. It's a dentist love, and Connor will still be a fugly cnut no matter what ye do with his teeth.*
    * I may have a snotty neighbour who regales me with the details of her precious sons latest posh dental adventures despite all evidence that his kid is a spa, like his dad.

Pottler wrote: »
    anyone who uses the word "Orthodontist" in a sentence involving their kid. It's a dentist love, and Connor will still be a fugly cnut no matter what ye do with his teeth.*
    * I may have a snotty neighbour who regales me with the details of her precious sons latest posh dental adventures despite all evidence that his kid is a spa, like his dad.

But 'orthodontist' is the correct term if it involves orthodontics! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

But 'orthodontist' is the correct term if it involves orthodontics! :confused:
    And people using the word "orthodontics". Dentist. It's a Dentist. Might not annoy anyone else, but it annoys me. There ya go, no pleasing some people, etc etc.

Pottler wrote: »
    And people using the word "orthodontics". Dentist. It's a Dentist. Might not annoy anyone else, but it annoys me. There ya go, no pleasing some people, etc etc.

It's a specialist though.
    It's like a cardiologist or an oncologist or dermatologist etc etc etc... They are not just doctors, they are specialised in a certain field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

People who get jealous of their neighbour's children getting things they never got as a child themselves tend to annoy me, I must confess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

A yuppie who lives in a celtic tiger estate in a Dublin commuter town. Actually closer to Athlone than Dublin but he'd be too good for them midland folk so he considers it a commuter town. While an impressive looking building with a few pillars and fake stone walls, it has the construction quality of a swiss roll - these days the cavity insulation he got a grant for does more to hold up the roof than the walls do.

Drives an Audi Q7 or a similar crapheap with an automatic gearbox, he had to buy this vehicle 'for the kids', of which he might only have one but sure he plans for a second one anyway. He reports the neighbours bonfire under John Gormley's anti-bonfire law so he can feel like he's doing good for the environment and carbon offset his 100+ mile a day commute in Q7. Gets it serviced at the main dealer because only a qualified mechanic is able to properly remove an oil filter.

Regularly spouts out shoite like "On a quid pro-quo basis", "going forward" and "store it in the cloud" to boost other people's perception of his intelligence.

His garage is littered with kids toys, 500e child seats he used for a week and then upgraded to a 'safer' model. A 2,000e bicycle with all the extra gimmicks which he bought under the bike to work scheme which he never uses and bought a week before he moved to his "commuter town"

The job he does would be fairly non technical, no sweat pouring off this lad's back from all the code he'd be writing. Instead it would be a more of a dos job, marketing or legal advice for a Web 3.0 company. Spends the day licking the boss's arse in hope of getting a promotion. You wouldn't want to be seen taking a wee break at work for this fella would report you.

Buys the latest gimmick all the time and looks down on others for not doing the same. Doesn't matter what kind of gimmick it is, no need for examples here. If the cool, modern 'hip' crowd have it, he'll have one as well. He'll ramble on about this new thing he got and how great it is incessantly even after it is pointed out to him that its an utter piece of shoite like his car.

He'd be a popular enough fella with a lot of friends but he wouldn't give you the steam off his piss. If you sat down with him in a pub he'd soon bring up the latest law-obiding good thing to do, like voting Yes to the fiscal treaty, paying the household charge, whatever it was the government wanted this lad would put in a subtle plug for it in every day conversation.

You could mention any third-world war-torn country to him and he'd spout off at least 10 ways he thinks the said country is better than Ireland and how he's only here because of his family. He'd let on he's such a salt of the earth lad he wouldn't leave them despite the fact he hasn't gone home in years because his parents would try and make him go to mass and the militant atheist in him wouldn't put up with that at all.

Ridiculously descriptive to be a "type" of person. Basically you know a guy who is the above and he annoys you deeply for some reason, probably because he got one over on you at some stage and you're still bitter about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

The '' poor me , the world is always so unfair to me , why always me '' person and you end up sitting listening to them go on and on about how hard their life is and them not realising most of the country is in the same boat and they don't have half the problems you do but they neither care or want to know because their so full of poor bloody me.

Motorist wrote: »
    Ridiculously descriptive to be a "type" of person. Basically you know a guy who is the above and he annoys you deeply for some reason, probably because he got one over on you at some stage and you're still bitter about it.

It is actually a variety of annoying characters rolled into one. I doubt he actually exist, a single body would hardly support that much gobsh1tedness

Karen23 wrote: »
    The '' poor me , the world is always so unfair to me , why always me '' person and you end up sitting listening to them go on and on about how hard their life is and them not realising most of the country is in the same boat and they don't have half the problems you do but they neither care or want to know because their so full of poor bloody me.

Poor you :P *ducks*

• Advertisement
Advertisement