Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of person annoys you the most?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »
    The '' poor me , the world is always so unfair to me , why always me '' person and you end up sitting listening to them go on and on about how hard their life is and them not realising most of the country is in the same boat and they don't have half the problems you do but they neither care or want to know because their so full of poor bloody me.

The same person who moans that they owe so much money and cant pay bills but will buy their kids new runners/clothes at the drop of a hat because they cant bear for someone elses kids to get new clothes and be '' better '' than theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Right at this moment I HATE dog owners who live in housing estates but leave their hyper active pride and joy out in their back garden all night barking at every shadow it sees. I dont know who is more stupid. The dog or the owner. The only thing keeping the dog alive at this moment is that I have neither rat poison nor a shot gun. In about 10 minutes I'm going for it with a carving knife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

narrowminded, judgemental people who stereotype everyone.

everyone who wears X is such and such etc.they look people up and down and judge straight away. who the fcuk cares what people look like, dress like, walk like, listen to bla bla. live and let live.

Also horrendously tight people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

touts wrote: »
    Right at this moment I HATE dog owners who live in housing estates but leave their hyper active pride and joy out in their back garden all night barking at every shadow it sees. I dont know who is more stupid. The dog or the owner. The only thing keeping the dog alive at this moment is that I have neither rat poison nor a shot gun. In about 10 minutes I'm going for it with a carving knife.

A fella out walking his dog and picking up his dogs sh1t on the street. Jaysus that would annoy the fcuk out of me. No man should have to stoop down to pick up a dog's sh1t and if he doesn't have a grand field for his dog to walk and sh1t in then he shouldn't have a dog. That dog should be off shagging other dogs and having a good time not sitting in some poxy town house waiting for some gobsh1te to come home and walk him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

touts wrote: »

I'm in an apartment block, next door have just obtained a little yappy thing.. Nuff said! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

People who complain about Rte or programming in general. If you don't want to watch something switch the channel and quit complaining about it. People who came from nothing, became something and think they're everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    Jeepers, AngryLips, that's a grim and grey snapshot into your psyche.

Actually, there's a very simple explanation for this; I'm gay ...there, I said it.

Another one that gets me are culchies who are no longer in college but are working and living in Dublin yet they go home every weekend to mammy - with their washing!

And leading on from that, my other gripe is with those other culchies who live in the home towns of the above-mentioned-culchies and knock their fellow countrymen and women because they work "in the big smoke and they think they're all dat, like"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

People who don't think, who go through life just reacting to things, making no effort to understand how the world works. They see something in the paper or on TV that seems plausible, or supports their "feelings", and so it becomes fact, and they believe it avidly. But ask them to examine their beliefs and where they came from ... and they get annoyed and have a meltdown, because you just asked them to think about things.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

KKkitty wrote: »
    People who complain about Rte or programming in general. If you don't want to watch something switch the channel and quit complaining about it. People who came from nothing, became something and think they're everything.

I think Irish people have every right to complain about RTÉ considering we pay for it.
    I don't accept that I should just change channel: I pay for it and as our national broadcaster, I want it to be of a high standard. If it doesn't reach that standard I'm entitled to complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

In my job, there are two types of customers who i would dearly love to punch.

Type 1: Stingy f*ckers. Those who insist on taking a plastic bag for free are the worst, and i'm not talking about the types who dont want it when you ask for 22c. These c*nts demand they be given a free bag, and complain and call me stingy when i don't comply with their tightness. The same people who want a €5 bottle of wine for €4. Or want another few euro off a product that already has 30% off. And god please, no more of those people who come into the shop only to give you a list of 10 items or more that they can find cheaper elsewhere, good lord, what is wrong with those tw@ts!!

Type 2: Genuinely stupid people. People who put a product on the counter, and then leave it and return another 3 times, expecting the whole queue to wait for them. Or those who if you ask have they a club card, and they whip out their Dunnes Stores one, even though they're not in Dunnes Stores. I even have some ask me "what shop am i in again"? :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

People like myself. Seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

Horrendously plain people who mock others based on their interesting hobbies, also the same people who use "totes, awks and babes" in every sentence. It has taken long enough for text talk to die, now you bring into spoken english?

NAGGERS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Denise90 wrote: »
    spoken english?
    Wt u tlkn bt der bbz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

The ones who go out of their way to hurt other people. I don't know why they do that only that there must be something wrong with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Arrogant people do my head in. A few friends fall into that category but its starting to get a bit old at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

My granny used to says ..... Beware of "so called" friends who throw rocks at you.

She was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Hungarian people :(

And of course the Portuguese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Nosey people and snobs
    Loudmouth agressive 18 year old drunks
    People on the phone at the checkout in the supermarket

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

Top 2 types...

Manipulative People - People who unfairly do things to get their own way and keep others down. The fact they know exactly what they are doing annoys me.

Inconsiderate people - People who don't thank/acknowledge others when something is done for them. Includes stuff like letting people pass by or not blocking the hallway/doorway, stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Off-road/4x4/jeep drivers. It is obvious they have never been off-road. It is just a "look at me" (I'm a dick) vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The person who has to be right all the time, never admits when they are wrong even when they know they are just as much in the wrong.
    The person who intentionally does things to annoy you like ignoring you just to piss you off, sad people in other words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Skangers and openly insecure/unconfident people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭doomed

Journalists who write celeb stuff and think what they do is important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Spanish students

It's nearly that time of year again

I don't stop for anyone, if they block the footpath I'm not slowing down

Oh god no!

I hate it when the Spanish students are over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

People who talk in the Cinema really get on my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

AngryLips wrote: »
    Actually, there's a very simple explanation for this; I'm gay ...there, I said it.

You've confused me even more now. I may have misunderstood your earlier posts.

When you said: "You've just lowered my opinion of all smiling single women I see in the local supermarket.." followed later by "Tesco home delivery is your friend. At least that way the delivery guy can take one for the team", I interpreted these to be a judgement and criticism of me.

Considering the context - and the article you linked.

Are you saying your 'delivery guy can take one for the team' comment wasn't directed at me, but you were referring to yourself instead?

I do hope I've misunderstood your comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Whenever there's a thread about a scumbag who has been locked up and someone inevitably posts something along the lines of: "Give me five minutes with him alone and he wouldn't dream of doing it again", etc. One, I don't believe these people really would do what they claim. Two, if you actually did this, then you're no better than the scumbag in the first place. Three, if you point this out to them, they come back with: "Imagine if the victim was one of your family members!"

People who are friendly to everyone, regardless of how they really feel about that person because they think it's best to be that way. If I come across as a miserable **** when talking to you, it's because I have no interest in talking to you for whatever reason.

People who give unsolicited advice.

"Friends" who do you a favour but always bring it up later on.

People who don't understand personal boundaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

People who are great at everything :mad: You know..nice,confident,good looking,tall,friendly,wealthy,have many many friends,sporty/athletic,smart,gets the best jobs,best looking partners,biggest houses,nicest cars and generally great at everything else in between...they might be really nice likeable people but I secretly despise them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

People who abuse animals

People who are ungrateful

People who use facebook excessively

People who pretend to be happy with everything, who love everything and don't like a person who can be honest and doesn't love every person/child/charity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Snobs and people who don't have manners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

People who just never shut the fcuk up. I like to be left alone.

Why do they feel the need to fill every lull in conversation or silence with a crap joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭chocolatrose

People who do a simple favour for you but use it to there own benefit forever more to get every last scrap from you... you should be able to do something for someone without having to expect to get it ten fold in return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

People who behave differently when you're on a one-to-one as opposed to when you're in a crowd.
    Some people have this stupid misconception they gotta act different outside of one-to-one conversations.Not talking personal stuff but normal conversation,yet it's like a fuckin pride of lions with them in public. I think it's a good mark of a person if they act consistently in both scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Cruel or abusive people, especially to animals or children-the lowest of the low

People who are loud and abrasive-stay well away from me!

Arrogance, conceit

Those who are unwilling to take on board new ideas and think they're always right even when presented with evidence that disproves them.

People who constantly interrupt, talk over others and always have to bring the conversation back around to them.

Rudeness

The selfish 'I'm all right jacks' and people who care nothing for the welfare of others especially those less fortunate in society, and who begrudge paying their taxes to ensure a fairer and more equal society.

People who have to have the latest tech toys and drone on at me about their latest iphone, ipad, apps. etc. I DON'T CARE! if I want one I'll go out and buy one, I don't need to be told how invaluable they are, how I NEED to have one. No, I don't. I really don't thank's.

Climate change deniers. Grrrr....

People who have to keep up with the Jones and think that's what life is all about-a bigger more expensive car, house, more money and who define and judge others negatively according to how much they earn, what size/value house they have and so on, and only deign to be friendly to those within their own socio-economic category- snobs.

Shallow greedy people who always put their own needs and desires first.

Drunken, loud aggressive inconsiderate fools who think they're only havin the craic when they cause trouble and spoil other people's evening. Those who think the only way of enjoying yourself is to get plastered in the pub every wk-end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

hondasam wrote: »
    The person who has to be right all the time, never admits when they are wrong even when they know they are just as much in the wrong.
    The person who intentionally does things to annoy you like ignoring you just to piss you off, sad people in other words.

This too. People who can't/won't apologise, take responsibilities for their actions, have no empathy, behave like a martyr unable to see their part in a conflict and slap 100% of blame on you from a reaction which would be a symptom of their bo11ocksology.

You try and put things right and rectify it then and they're not having any of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

I love everyone!!!!!!:)

...as long as they're white

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

People who just never shut the fcuk up. I like to be left alone.

Why do they feel the need to fill every lull in conversation or silence with a crap joke?

People who love the sound of their own voice and don't know when to shut up really annoy me too. If you have to fill every quiet moment with blather and can't bear silence then I'm going to think you're self-absorbed and insecure, not the fascinating life and soul of the party type who assume people hang off your very word you think you are.

I like to be left alone often too. If I'm sitting in a cafe, pub, where ever on my own and I'm reading a book or newspaper, knitting-yes I knit in public! it's not an invitation for you to come over to me and yadder in my ear/chat me up/"keep me company" because I'm alone, and heaven forbid a woman can be on her own enjoying a quiet drink/coffee and not need the company of others. Bugger off.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

openly insecure/unconfident people.

How do people with low self esteem annoy you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Karpops

Customers who take a 5 euro top, off a 5 euro rail, with a 5 euro price tag, next to all the other 5 euro tops, bring it to the till and demand it for 3 euro. WTF????

Customers who join the queue five minutes past closing time with two trolleys of clothes, argue about the price of everything, keep you back an extra 25 minutes and then call you a racist and the devil when you won't double bag their stuff/accept their fake 50's/hold the queue for them so they can go and get another basket of stuff/give them more discounts.

Children in general, women who post pictures of themselves breastfeeding all over Facebook because it's ''natural'' and therefore everyone absaloutley needs to see it.

Aggressive pro-lifers.

Spanish students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I really feel sorry for apple addicts. You're paying more than you need to for a product that lacks the technological superiority of other manufacturers on the market. I hope one day you can overcome your affliction...annoying twats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭yogi beer

I hate those little 12-16 year olds in traccies outside shops who do nothing but intimidate people walking by, trying to make themselves feel superior because no one stares them out back.
    no one stares back at you because nobody cares, you little smelly cnuts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭firedancer

You forgot your 'u' there Url :eek:

grammar nazis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

People with massive egos:

If I say hello or speak to you, or send you a message, and just because I'm female and you're male, it doesn't mean that I love you and/or want to get married and/or want to ride you. Get down from your high horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

people who say "oncologist" - it's a doctor... you're seeing a doctor, mate.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

People who hate smoking. I don't do it, I've tried it and wasn't too keen on it but my dad does it regularly, so I have no problem with it whatsoever.
    Worst of all is that these anti-smokers are usually the first ones to get drunk out of their minds and feel they have the right to whinge about smoking. Smoking won't turn you into a loud, obnoxious asshole in the space of 20 minutes, will it? Let people have their habit, it's their choice and they know what they're getting into so why be a cúnt about it?

I despise people who get into arguments over the smallest things and won't give up until they're right, when clearly they're wrong. Then they put words into your mouth and manipulate the you to derail the whole thing in their favour... :mad: I'll gladly accept when I'm wrong, as was said earlier, it's healthy to admit you're wrong.

I hate groups of people who think they're above everyone else. When they do something they think is funny, they think everyone bows down to them in glory of their superior sense of humour... When really everyone thinks yous are a bunch of twats

People obsessed with branding themselves... :confused: I just don't get it! Why do you have to get a jumper with 'Hollister' sprayed all over it? Or 'Abercrombie' in big obvious letters across the chest? Or even the Nike Air Max tracksuits?? Then there's the Apple obsession... never bought an Apple product in my life and I don't see why I should get one

And finally (only on boards really) arrogant atheists. I'm just going to list it cos I hate the constant 'atheist vs. the church' argument I see here every single day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

The ones that play music out loud on their phones on the train :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

People who are dirty, you know the ones, people who emm have a wash lets say once or twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

It's definitely the smug liberal that grates me more than the ignorant lout. It's probably down to being middle class so I come across the liberals more than the bigots (although that's certainly debatable :D). When I meet the bigots I tend to find it more amusing than anything but I accept that I don't have to put up with the sort daily.

What grinds me about the smug liberal is:

1) The patronising way they pick up on everything you say and if you discuss a certain group of people, or God forbid an ethnic group, they'll jump to their defence no matter what's happened. Oh well they're not all like that. It won't even be a criticism. It'll be like the Polish builders we had recently have been great, they were such hard workers. Oh well they're not all like that, you'll get hard working Irish builders too :rolleyes: Which of course there is but a passing comment doesn't need to be an argument, usually said in a condescending tone, about nationalities or ethnic groups.

2) Generally are unable to hide their contempt if you are any different to them. Any political statements you make which aren't happy clappy liberal will be analysed and criticised extensively. In fact having a calm discussion with a smug liberal is almost impossible to have nothing because they want to argue about everything.

3) Preaching anti religion and making anti relgious comments at every opportunity which is ironically the thing they hate most about religion. They're strangely defensive about Muslims however although that's probably due to Muslims being the targeted group at the moment.

4) Self loathing is another key factor. Anything resembling national pride or a cultural activity which is common practice in their native country is generally treated with disdain. Cultural cringe. Anything abroad is better.

5) The worst thing about them though is the arrogance. The smugness. The constant oh when I was doing charity work, backpacking, supporting gay rights. It's forever rammed down your throats. Any disinterest is seen as a challenge or is looked at disdainfully. Why aren't you interested? It's your planet. Why aren't you making a difference? Please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Can someone please direct me to the boobs

• Advertisement
Advertisement