Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of person annoys you the most?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

whirlpool wrote: »
    :confused:

Well, I know which I'd rather. Do you not?

I think you're missing the point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

_meehan_ wrote: »
    People who make underhanded comments to you about you, whether it be your appearance/personality/intelligence etc. They always do it in such an implicit way that if you were to try and re-tell it to someone else, they would think you're daft and over-reacting. It's hard to explain, but I consider it a type of bullying, and a means of bringing a person down for no good reason. Jealousy is probably a contributor to it.

Yes, couldn't agree more. I've known people like this. I learned from experience (that experience being a constant recollection of their subtle little barbs and how I let them go, a great way to go crazy incidentally) that the only way to deal with people like this is to call them out with full force as soon as they do it any noticeable number of times. Pull apart the subtly of what they say so you reveal the insult at its heart and ask them just why the fuck they're saying it to you. They will invariable crumple and won't do it again, or they'll get agro at you and things go flip city. Either way, it ends there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I think you're missing the point.

Your point was that neither are desirable. I didn't miss that at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭FreddysFace

Yes, couldn't agree more. I've known people like this. I learned from experience (that experience being a constant recollection of their subtle little barbs and how I let them go, a great way to go crazy incidentally) that the only way to deal with people like this is to call them out with full force as soon as they do it any noticeable number of times. Pull apart the subtly of what they say so you reveal the insult at its heart and ask them just why the fuck they're saying it to you. They will invariable crumple and won't do it again, or they'll get agro at you and things go flip city. Either way, it ends there.

they do this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Your point was that neither are desirable. I didn't miss that at all.

I must have missed yours. Been a while since I was whooshed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

they do this

Well then swing for the fences. Even if you lose they won't be chirping at you anymore because you've shown you're not to be fucked with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Greentopia wrote: »
    Yeah, hate people who educate themselves to 3rd level and want to better themselves. Bastards. All of them like.

ya especially the ones who drink and laze about for the 3-4 years while theyre there. maybe you and i have a different perception of what bettering youself means?

The worst? the very worst? really? one of my dour neighbour next door to me who never looks at me never mind greets me (trufax) is the worst example of a human being you can think of? you haven't really thought that through, have you?

if your post is anything to go by i can see why. try getting a haircut and people might take you more seriously

i guess your one of those crusader types from reading your previous posts. an in your face kind of person, always lecturering people on how they should live their lives. you were more than likely born into a rich family, are possibly a feminist and an anti abortion campaigner. you fit the profile of that obnoxious freak on the midday show who harps on about how men are responsible for how breastfeeding is negatively perceived in public? would i be right?

paky wrote: »
    ya especially the ones who drink and laze about for the 3-4 years while theyre there. maybe you and i have a different perception of what bettering youself means?

if your post is anything to go by i can see why. try getting a haircut and people might take you more seriously

they could try getting a dictionary too.... #oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

The same type of person, regardless.. annoys me the most. Particularly today where people are tripping over emselves to be similar. Its a globalized epidemic with less diversity than ever. net result

• Advertisement

LH Pathe wrote: »
    The same type of person, regardless.. annoys me the most. Particularly today where people are tripping over emselves to be similar. Its a globalized epidemic with less diversity than ever. net result

who are you talking about in particular? :)

plenty of types i dunnae like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

smelly pirate hookers and people who come out with a lot of jargon that they don't understand , just to sound intelligent.

who are you talking about in particular? :)

plenty of types i dunnae like

Everyone!! and no-one.

One and the same for the most part.. the world / over.

http://www.stateofnature.org/globalizationAndCulture.html

Apockalisp is comin. you mark my words in the future, everyone will be a homo named gene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jumped up pretentious pricks on forums like this who talk down to you cause you made a few spelling mistakes or your bad with grammar.

People who travel in a little group weather its online or in person and always have there little buddys to back up all the ****e they come out with.

Women on facebook who wont ****ing shut up about there kids. I dont give a balls how many ****es he/she has taken today and neither does anyone else!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

The group that walks beside each other in a single line so it blocks the footpath and forces you to walk out on the road when coming against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

eth0 wrote: »
    A yuppie who lives in a celtic tiger estate in a Dublin commuter town. Actually closer to Athlone than Dublin but he'd be too good for them midland folk so he considers it a commuter town. While an impressive looking building with a few pillars and fake stone walls, it has the construction quality of a swiss roll - these days the cavity insulation he got a grant for does more to hold up the roof than the walls do.

Drives an Audi Q7 or a similar crapheap with an automatic gearbox, he had to buy this vehicle 'for the kids', of which he might only have one but sure he plans for a second one anyway. He reports the neighbours bonfire under John Gormley's anti-bonfire law so he can feel like he's doing good for the environment and carbon offset his 100+ mile a day commute in Q7. Gets it serviced at the main dealer because only a qualified mechanic is able to properly remove an oil filter.

Regularly spouts out shoite like "On a quid pro-quo basis", "going forward" and "store it in the cloud" to boost other people's perception of his intelligence.

His garage is littered with kids toys, 500e child seats he used for a week and then upgraded to a 'safer' model. A 2,000e bicycle with all the extra gimmicks which he bought under the bike to work scheme which he never uses and bought a week before he moved to his "commuter town"

The job he does would be fairly non technical, no sweat pouring off this lad's back from all the code he'd be writing. Instead it would be a more of a dos job, marketing or legal advice for a Web 3.0 company. Spends the day licking the boss's arse in hope of getting a promotion. You wouldn't want to be seen taking a wee break at work for this fella would report you.

Buys the latest gimmick all the time and looks down on others for not doing the same. Doesn't matter what kind of gimmick it is, no need for examples here. If the cool, modern 'hip' crowd have it, he'll have one as well. He'll ramble on about this new thing he got and how great it is incessantly even after it is pointed out to him that its an utter piece of shoite like his car.

He'd be a popular enough fella with a lot of friends but he wouldn't give you the steam off his piss. If you sat down with him in a pub he'd soon bring up the latest law-obiding good thing to do, like voting Yes to the fiscal treaty, paying the household charge, whatever it was the government wanted this lad would put in a subtle plug for it in every day conversation.

You could mention any third-world war-torn country to him and he'd spout off at least 10 ways he thinks the said country is better than Ireland and how he's only here because of his family. He'd let on he's such a salt of the earth lad he wouldn't leave them despite the fact he hasn't gone home in years because his parents would try and make him go to mass and the militant atheist in him wouldn't put up with that at all.

You have literally just outlined, word for word, one of my friends :(

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote: »
    The group that walks beside each other in a single line so it blocks the footpath and forces you to walk out on the road when coming against them.

I've always hated when people do this!!

But then, I've accidentally done it myself, too :( and felt really guilty afterwards. It was just because I was in a world of my own at the time, talking to whatever people I was with. I've done it more than once. I really try not to though!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

People who accuse confidence as arrogance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

People who are fairly disingenuous. I know people and you'd think butter wouldn't melt in their mouth but I realised they do a lot of b*tching about people and complaining, who they then are best buddies with themselves when they meet them. I know we all do it but being very two-faced is not a nice trait!

Also people who feel the need to prove to you how intelligent they are, most of these people I've come across have no cop on whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

People who spend their lives living through a screen. Its fine if thats your job or you're sitting at your pc at home etc. But when you leave the house, pay some attention to your surroundings and stop burrying your face into your smart-phone, ipod, or whatever. Get offline and try occupy your mind with something else when.

My mother was walking around the house listening to her ipod recently and just pretty much ignoring everything that went on around her. People would walk in and ask her a question or try talk to her and she wouldnt even notice them. Thats just so irritating and rude imo, I wanted to deck the head off her. (ma whats for dinner? - ignored :().
    Or having a conversation with a friend and they have 1 earphone in and hardly being able to pay attention.

People who answer their phones in restaraunts and start having loud conversations. TURN EM OFF!!!!!.

People who have loud ****e songs as their ring tones too. I get it, you like deathcore/knacker trance, good for you. Ring tones/high pitched sounds makes me shiver.

When people say "oh hey man check out this awesome song" and hand you their ipod and you just stand there really awkward pretending to admire it even though its the first time you have heard it and havent a clue who it is.

My, this really contradicts my previous post in here doesnt it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 meloyelo26

Unreliable people i.e people who are late or don't turn up.. then follow up with a lame apology and excuse

People who are a size 8 and complain how fat they are, fishing for compliments..

Rude people with no manners, like basic manners such as please/thanks..

People that eat like it's feeding time at zoo, seriously love I'm pretty sure it won't be your last meal. Unless it's a case of the munchies.. ;)

The most boring people ever on facebook who post every event of their miserable lives and have albums full of pictures clearly taken by themselves using their phone. The duckface look in particular really annoys/amuses me at the same time. Seriously if you're life is that good why live it on facebook.. quack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Girls who think that acting stupid is somehow endearing or "cute". It's embarrassing.

oh! People who never shut up about "the 90's being the best decade EVARRR" when they were born in like 1998. Piss off, you dont remember the 90's you fool. Nobody born after around 1993 should be allowed say it was fun.
    I was born in 1992 myself, and hardly even consider myself a "90's kid".
    The real people who enjoyed it were born in the mid mid - late 80's.

cocoshovel wrote: »
    oh! People who never shut up about "the 90's being the best decade EVARRR" when they were born in like 1998.

That actually happens? :confused: Never come across it, myself.

I was born in 1986 and haven't a bleedin clue about the 80s. Wouldn't in a million years claim otherwise.

I was born in 1986 and haven't a bleedin clue about the 80s. Wouldn't in a million years claim otherwise.

Happens a lot. All the kids aged 12-15+ are saying it these days. And you know how gay of a generation they are!

But if kid is saying that an era they weren't even a teen in was culturally better, then at least they have the willpower to not insist their generation is, just because; no?

Took me nearly 30 years accept that a previous era to my own teen years was way ahead of the pack. Or maybe just realize after some extensive exhuming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Happens a lot. All the kids aged 12-15+ are saying it these days. And you know how gay of a generation they are!

People who were born in the late 80s (and even early 90s...) say the same about the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

the d4 heads loike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Judging by the way you abase the English language I've no doubt we have a very different perception.

I have no problem being taken seriously in life. My work, my family and my friends attest to that ;) and since when did a woman having long hair mean she's not taken seriously? odd.
    i guess your one of those crusader types from reading your previous posts. an in your face kind of person, always lecturering people on how they should live their lives. you were more than likely born into a rich family, are possibly a feminist and an anti abortion campaigner. you fit the profile of that obnoxious freak on the midday show who harps on about how men are responsible for how breastfeeding is negatively perceived in public? would i be right?

Doing a spot of post diving were we? seems I hit a nerve :)
    And obviously you have me profiled to a tee. Except for all the incorrect assumptions. I find it amusing that someone calls me "in your face" and "always lecturering(sic)" when I'm an introvert, very non-confrontational and I don't believe in hectoring people or forcing my views or values onto others as that would be rude, and counter-productive anyway.

My family wealth or lack of it has no bearing on my life. I live entirely off my own earnings and I'm not rich.

Feminist and anti-abortion campaigner-yes to the first, but "anti-abortion campaigner"?! I think you mean pro-abortion campaigner if you're trying to caricaturise me as a 'bleeding heart liberal', 'treehugger', or whatever "insults" you want to use. And the word is pro-choice, not pro-abortion, FYI

You seem to be one of these people who thinks feminism is a dirty word and use the word as a pejorative insult. From my experience it usually turns out that's because the person hasn't a first fucking clue what feminism is about.
    Their uneducated brains can only compute feminist=misandrist. Wrong. I love men and any woman I know who calls herself a real feminist (and I know a few) don't hate men either or rail against the 'patriarchy' keeping them down.

Oh look, another type of person who grinds my gears-those who use words like 'feminist' and 'campaigner' as insults. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭deviladvocate

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Handwringers. Those who Never. Stop. Fcuking. Whinging. About. Every. Little. Thing. in their lives and the lives of those around them. Especially those around them. The "why won't someone think of the children" windowlicking brigade. The safety* first types. The joy vampires.

*most likely to pronounce it "Saf eh tee"

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

My mother was walking around the house listening to her ipod recently and just pretty much ignoring everything that went on around her. People would walk in and ask her a question or try talk to her and she wouldnt even notice them. Thats just so irritating and rude imo, I wanted to deck the head off her. (ma whats for dinner? - ignored :().

I do this all the time for that exact reason - so I can block all the "what's for dinner"'s and "mom, where is this, where is that, I want this, I want that"'s etc.. out!
    Give your poor mother a break, she's had to listen to your whining your whole life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭firedancer

Some of the mods on boards , seems like they are sitting waitiing to hop on the 'banned' button to get their kicks for the day.:D

not my fault if boards is what your life is about, sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Another one- people who think you can only like one type of music, they think that just because you like a variety of music rather than just limiting yourself to one kind that you somehow have no taste or credibility.* Actually just music snobs in general! So what if an artist is mainstream, that has no bearing on their talent!

*i personally don't have good taste in music, but my point still stands where others are concerned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Slacktivists - It's grand and all to be in support / against something when you have legitimate reasons and concerns but when you take on a subject which has no bearings to you other than a Youtube video or a sketchy biased website / study and unquestionably accept it's views without doing a tiny bit of research is tiresome to hear you push your views on others. It gets really tiresome when you go on a short binge of showing your concerns for something, annoying everyone with it and then a month later you move onto another campaign that's hot at the moment.

That Kony 2012 bullshìt really, really irked me as people I knew who would hop on any bandwagon as long as it was against "the man" would call me and others ignorant of Uganda's plight (few days earlier they knew nothing of the region) when we were initially suspicious of the InvisibleChildren group and their strangely-timed campaign. Before the campaign if you mentioned something like Congo to them they would think of the monkey movie with Tim Curry.

Other times I get gobshìtes telling me that this and that is a conspiracy and that everyone who doesn't share their view is either an idiot who needs to "WAKE UP!!" or are "sheeple".

The arrogance can be unbelievable sometimes when I see people living abroad posting on Facebook about how stupid and useless the rest of us here are in Ireland. You left the country to live a life elsewhere, fùck off with your demeaning comments on your fellow countrymen and women and go revoke your nationality, we don't want pretentious assholes like you.

I had one girl who is anti-everything telling me that CRT monitors and TVs were phased out solely because of a corporate conspiracy and that their electrical, health, and waste issues were made up just so they could sell flatscreens. She's of the collective group of twits I know who think they are a jack of all trades on knowledge. The fact that I work in IT and fix monitors didn't apply to her at all, I was in the wrong and didn't know what I was talking about.

I should also note that she posts everything about anti-animal abuse, anti-meat and anti-fur. Yet, because she rides horses (nothing wrong with that) she sells leather horseriding boots the odd time. I guess cow's aren't cute enough :pac:

Which reminds me, seeing a video of farm abuse that was recorded in some desolate shìthole in America or Asia does not mean that Irish farming is done the exact same way. It's scaremongering and downright lies (which I was told by these slacktivists was better to lie to get people to share your views)

Reminds me of another girl at a wedding who was sitting at our table. She saw we all ordered meat and decided to be preachy about how meat is murder and how great she was for eating organic, being a vegetarian, and that we don't need meat to survive.

What did she have for dinner?

Salmon :pac:

They are the ones who are against Coca-Cola and don't buy their products...........but drink Deep Riverrock.

They are the ones who say Microsoft and Google are evil and rip people off..........but spend a horrific amount of money on Apple products and accessories.

They complain about people not supporting small bands..........yet download their music off the web without paying.

They are complete knobends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 king_kong_ill

people who engage in projection

accuse others of possesing the very traits they themselves are most famous for , anything from calling another person , loud , obnoxious , arrogant , are theese people completley oblivious to thier own personality ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Judging by the way you abase the English language I've no doubt we have a very different perception.

your command of the english language is obviously is a great indicator of your superior intellect :pac:
    I'm an introvert, very non-confrontational and I don't believe in hectoring people or forcing my views or values onto others as that would be rude, and counter-productive anyway.

thats exactly what your doing, its rude, obnoxious and in your face
    Feminist and anti-abortion campaigner-yes to the first, but "anti-abortion campaigner"?! I think you mean pro-abortion campaigner if you're trying to caricaturise me as a 'bleeding heart liberal', 'treehugger', or whatever "insults" you want to use. And the word is pro-choice, not pro-abortion, FYI

persection complex perhaps?
    You seem to be one of these people who thinks feminism is a dirty word and use the word as a pejorative insult. From my experience it usually turns out that's because the person hasn't a first fucking clue what feminism is about.
    Their uneducated brains can only compute feminist=misandrist. Wrong. I love men and any woman I know who calls herself a real feminist (and I know a few) don't hate men either or rail against the 'patriarchy' keeping them down.

i was right. your post says everything about you. get a life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Half the post's in this thread sum up the bulk of my personality.

Opportunists - people who are selfish and make a situation work for them without caring about the consequences to other people. These can be very calculating people and I've come across a few of them in my life to various degrees. They usually prey on the vulnerable or the people who are too nice to say no to them.

However it can be hard to know if a person has a hidden agenda, especially if you love them. It took me a while to understand that there was people out there in the world like that but I can spot one a mile away now. Sometimes life's hardest lessons can be about the people you have around you.

meloyelo26 wrote: »
    Unreliable people i.e people who are late or don't turn up.. then follow up with a lame apology and excuse

People who are a size 8 and complain how fat they are, fishing for compliments..

Rude people with no manners, like basic manners such as please/thanks..

People that eat like it's feeding time at zoo, seriously love I'm pretty sure it won't be your last meal. Unless it's a case of the munchies.. ;)

The most boring people ever on facebook who post every event of their miserable lives and have albums full of pictures clearly taken by themselves using their phone. The duckface look in particular really annoys/amuses me at the same time. Seriously if you're life is that good why live it on facebook.. quack.

i like someone to say thanks but the word please has become over used , thier is no need to use the word please when asking your work colleague for the time

• Advertisement

oh! People who never shut up about "the 90's being the best decade EVARRR" when they were born in like 1998. Piss off, you dont remember the 90's you fool. Nobody born after around 1993 should be allowed say it was fun.
    I was born in 1992 myself, and hardly even consider myself a "90's kid".
    The real people who enjoyed it were born in the mid mid - late 80's.

i envy your wonderfull life

i like someone to say thanks but the word please has become over used , thier is no need to use the word please when asking your work colleague for the time

I get what you mean but at the same time I believe manners don't cost anything. If someone asks you nicely to do something for them your more inclined to do it, or have a better attitude while doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

Same, I was born in 1988 and I wouldn't even really consider myself a 90s kid. I don't think you can really appreciate what's happening during a decade when you're 8 and busy trying to ride a bike.
    I think it only counts when you're a teenager and you're actually old enough to care about the music and clothes and technology, and understand what's really happening in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Someone who sneers at people.

Yeh-but-ers or whatabouters.

People who never do anything but wait for others to make a mistake and then shout it from the rooftops.

Those sorts of people, thankfully they are few and far between and mostly immature.

Jorcky wrote: »
    Same, I was born in 1988 and I wouldn't even really consider myself a 90s kid. I don't think you can really appreciate what's happening during a decade when you're 8 and busy trying to ride a bike.
    I think it only counts when you're a teenager and you're actually old enough to care about the music and clothes and technology, and understand what's really happening in the world.

You seriously didn't miss much in the 1980s..very forgettable decade culture wise..Kylie Minogue was the highlight from what I can remember.

Everyone had perms too, all the rock bands, female singers, even George Michael had one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

plasmaguy wrote: »
    You seriously didn't miss much in the 1980s..very forgettable decade culture wise..Kylie Minogue was the highlight from what I can remember.

Everyone had perms too, all the rock bands, female singers, even George Michael had one.

So did my Mum.

I can never unsee those pictures:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

your command of the english language is obviously is a great indicator of your superior intellect :pac:

Not really, it just means I'm literate.
    thats exactly what your doing, its rude, obnoxious and in your face

Sounds like classic projection.

I would ask you to point out the posts where you think I've been "forcing my views" on others, as obviously you have no clue about me IRL to come to such a misconceived conclusion; but quite honestly I don't really care enough and your posts here indicate it would probably be a fruitless exercise for me to pursue this any further anyway.

persection complex perhaps?

'Persecution' I presume you meant.
    Not at all, that would be absurd. I can take being challenged on my views and opinions. In fact I like to keep an open mind as it stops me getting complacent and means I can take on board new ideas and ways of thinking-even those radically different from my own if I think they have merit, then I can integrate them into my own personal beliefs and values.
    get a life ;)

How original.

I already have a very fulfilling life thank you.

Have a good evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

grindle wrote: »

Oh sorry, I forgot Boy George and Frankie Goes to Hollywood...happy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Insistent unsolicited lenders ...Really. Annoy. Me.

Thank you for lending me your book I don't want to read / CD I don't want to listen to / DVD I don't want to watch. Now it will take up space somewhere obvious because I don't know where to put it where I won't forget it and if that doesn't happen then I'll definitely loose it.

And, when the inevitable happens, you'll ask for it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

You did the 80s wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement