Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of person annoys you the most?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I hate the British, Germans, French, Dutch, Americans, Israelis, Albanians, Australians, Sri Lankins, Ethiopians, Guatemalans, Falkland Islanders, Saudis, Cameroonians and, of course, the Belgians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

St.Spodo wrote: »
    You did the 80s wrong.

Sorry yeh, I forgot Fame and legwarmers..happy? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

*aside*
    St.Spodo wrote: »
    You did the 80s wrong.
    The 80's were pretty cool in and for Ireland in many ways. Pretty shít too with the recession/emigration of course. Ireland was a very young nation at the time. Youngest demographic in Europe. We had started to get shot of the overpowering influence of the church. Things were loosening up. Particularly from mid 80's on. Decades in our heads are never bookended neatly by chronology. The 60's barely touched here except in the latter end, the 70's lasted longer and IMHO Irelands 80's started in 85 and ended in 95(ish). We were starting to really be seen on a world stage with U2 and others. More people were exposed to more outside culture with simple stuff like more cable TV outside Dublin. More big name bands came here. Stuff like that We seemed to become less cut off. At the start of the 80's I knew guys in Dublin without home phones and a couple without tellies, I'd even been in houses in the west that only recently got "the 'lectric". By '90 that was another world.

Cue peeps chiming in with I effin hate rambling off topic merchants. Right kuntz... :o:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Naggers

People who walk their horses through my estate and let them crap in the middle of the road.

If I take my neighbour's dog out, and it does a little poo in the grass at the side of the road, I (as I am expected to) pick it up in a bag and take it to a bin. Yet when some rich kid takes their horse through my road they feel entitled to leave a big, steaming, malodourous pile of excrement right in the middle of the road??? The piles tend to be about 2 foot in diameter and about half a foot tall. I don't care if they have to carry three super size bin bags with them, they should scoop that stuff up. It's not the poo that annoys me, but the fact they they'd never be prepared to have poo in their own street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

stubborn people really rile me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

People who constantly highlight our peoples flaws just to make themselves feel better about their own miserable existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Wibbs wrote: »

Cue peeps chiming in with I effin hate rambling off topic merchants. Right kuntz... :o:D

I quite like it when you ramble on and on and on :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

sneaky people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Wild Bill wrote: »
    I hate the British, Germans, French, Dutch, Americans, Israelis, Albanians, Australians, Sri Lankins, Ethiopians, Guatemalans, Falkland Islanders, Saudis, Cameroonians and, of course, the Belgians.

What about the Portuguese?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Suas11 wrote: »
    What about the Portuguese?

Don't get us started on the Portuguese

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭outtagetme

People who constantly say "no wonder the country's ruined" after witnessing/hearing about/reading about the slightest feckin' misdemeanor or activity that they don't approve of. Stupid ****.

Teenage kids larking about as teenage kids are wont to do......"no wonder the country's ruined"

Some mother can't control her kid....."no wonder the country's ruined"

Bloke calls in sick to work and goes fishing ....."no wonder the country's ruined"

Piss off!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Naysayers who say "Nay" to naysaying.

It's no wonder the country's ruined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭outtagetme

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Oh sorry, I forgot Boy George and Frankie Goes to Hollywood...happy?

(* this isn't a list of people I hate but a list of good and bad from the 80s)

Samantha Fox
    Maria Whittaker
    Sabrina

Spandau Ballet
    The Jam
    Ultravox
    Alison Moyet
    The Cult
    Thin Lizzy
    Heaven 17

Influx of foreign beers like Furstenberg, Holsten and Bavaria. (ever so exciting).

Dual cassette radio recorders for massive bootlegging.

Ra-ra skirts
    Pixie Boots

Maradona's Hand Of God :P

Ray Houghton's goal

Tiswas
    The Young Ones
    Kenny Everett
    Auf Wiedersehen Pet

Loads of good stuff there.

There WAS however an awful plethora of crap as well.......

Christmas jumpers/birdsh!t flecked mullet hairdo/wispy mustache "look"

Thin ties with piano key design and suit jacket sleeves pushed up to elbow.

Haircut 100
    "Agadoo"
    Dallas/Dynasty/Falcon Crest
    The Birdie Song and various other crap novelty one-hit wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I know this is well off topic, but there was a lot of great 80s msuic IMO.

To drag it back on topic, I am gonna say people who don't appreciate the 80s annoy me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

edit: narrow minded Fcuktards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Babybuff wrote: »
    edit: narrow minded Fcuktards

People who make liberal use of the word "tard" or any variant thereof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Whingers.

Grumpy fecks/people who don't make any effort - there is a particular subgroup of people who are socially lazy, expect YOU to entertain/regale/amuse THEM but couldn't be arsed themselves.

Bad hosts.

Fussy eaters - I think it says a lot about a person. I don't think I've met one fussy eater that hasn't annoyed me in a much more comprehensive sense too.

Casual rudeness & selfishness.

Just general narrow mindedness/gossip/b1tching - all part of the same thing really.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of not very nice people about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

condescending arrogant too cool for skool f*ckers like the guy in this ad

10sec in....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

philstar wrote: »
    Is that not just Dubliners in general then?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

grindle wrote: »
    philstar wrote: »
    Is that not just Dubliners in general then?
    No it isnt cheeky! I hate that type of person as well I know a few of them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'll give you 20 types. At the moment, the 'it's cool to be dumb crowd are particularly annoying me', but it switches between those 20 on a weekly basis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Greentopia wrote: »
    'Persecution' I presume you meant.
    Not at all, that would be absurd. I can take being challenged on my views and opinions. In fact I like to keep an open mind as it stops me getting complacent and means I can take on board new ideas and ways of thinking-even those radically different from my own if I think they have merit, then I can integrate them into my own personal beliefs and values.

im not sure what your entire rant is about but do tell me about your life in Sweden, I'm intrigued...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

paky wrote: »
    im not sure what your entire rant is about

You have a misunderstanding of the meaning of the word rant if you think that was one. The fact that you don't know what I mean doesn't surprise me given your posts and is part of the problem. You sound quite young so perhaps that's partly the reason at least.
    paky wrote: »
    but do tell me about your life in Sweden, I'm intrigued...

Eh, no.
    What on earth does that have to do with anything, never mind the thread topic? :confused: that's a rhetorical question BTW, I don't really want to know.

And with that it's clear to me our conversation has reached it's conclusion as far as I'm concerned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Greentopia wrote: »
    You have a misunderstanding of the meaning of the word rant if you think that was one. The fact that you don't know what I mean doesn't surprise me given your posts and is part of the problem. You sound quite young so perhaps that's partly the reason at least.

Eh, no.
    What on earth does that have to do with anything, never mind the thread topic? :confused: that's a rhetorical question BTW, I don't really want to know.

And with that it's clear to me our conversation has reached it's conclusion as far as I'm concerned.

this was never a conversation, it was a lecture from a religious fanatic on her views on feminism, the english language and abortion spurred on by her 8 years in Sweden :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

People who say "Like" and "Like, You Know?" all the feckin TIME.

People who say "Going forward" when referring to plans and things concerning the future. Well you can hardly go backwards now can you?

Scangers and Knackers. Low IQ Pyjama and tracksuit types.

Die hard Footy/Rugby/GAA heads who can talk about nothing else day in day out. Get a life.

Well I think that covers just about everyone in this country. Oh yeah slappers and binge drinkers that give the Irish a bad reputation internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

this was never a conversation, it was a lecture from a religious fanatic on her views on feminism, the english language and abortion spurred on by her 8 years in Sweden pacman.gif

Narky little keyboard warriors that have no problem listing things and people they don't like but can't take the slightest criticism of themselves/their own views without reacting like a spoilt child and thinks personal abuse make their agruement more valid:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

most annoying accents and nordys have a serious issue with violence and fighting all the time.spanish people have a horrible accent and cork people in general are dim:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

Irish people using Americanized words like 'awesome'
    Animal abusers
    Chuggers
    Slow walkers
    Fat women who think they are 'real women with curves' as opposed to a size 10 woman who is seen as a 'stick insect'
    Irish people going abroad and not venturing outside Irish pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭crank_1975

People who wear pyjamas outside

Boards 'Thanks' whores (you know who you are!)

The Portuguese

The Judean People's Front (Splitters)

People who wear tracksuits but play no sports

The cast of Eastenders / Corrie / Fair CityThe Portuguese

D4 types (especially ones from Castleknock / Malahide / or god forbid Tallaght, anywhere thats not actually in D4)

Professional do-gooders (Yeah you did something for Charity, fair play but I don't want to hear about it every 5 seconds)

The Portuguese

Bar stool commentators (Politics, Soccer, any subject really. See also; Taxi Drivers)

Craft Beer snobs (What's wrong with Heineken?)

People from the Iberian Peninsula that aren't Spanish or Andorran)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

crank_1975 wrote: »
    People who wear pyjamas outsideBoards 'Thanks' whores (you know who you are!)The PortugueseThe Judean People's Front (Splitters)People who wear tracksuits but play no sportsThe cast of Eastenders / Corrie / Fair CityThe PortugueseD4 types (especially ones from Castleknock / Malahide / anywhere thats not actually in D4)Professional do-gooders (Yeah you did something for Charity, fair play but I don't want to hear about it every 5 seconds)The PortugueseBar stool commentators (Politics, Soccer, any subject really)Craft Beer snobs (What's wrong with Heineken?)People from the Iberian Peninsula that aren't Spanish or Andorran)

You're clearly one of those self-loathing Portuguese thanks whores we all hear so much about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

In this order
    1. The Game
    2. The Players
    3. The Haters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

People who love the sound of their own voice and have an opinion (mostly stupid) on everything...

Empty vessels make the most noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

crank_1975 wrote: »

The Judean People's Front (Splitters)

)

What about the People's Front of Judea?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭crank_1975

Or the Popular Peoples Front?While I'm on the subject, anyone who calls in to Liveline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

People who think their opinion should be respected when they can't defend it with logic or reason.

Those who brag about being crap at Maths or having never read a book since their Leaving Cert. One's lack of intelligence or ignorance is something to be ashamed of, not to take pride in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

plys wrote: »
    In this order
    1. The Game
    2. The Players
    3. The Haters

People who think they are hip-hop Afromericans.^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

People who think they are hip-hop Afromericans.^

lol y u mad tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

People who talk out their arse on subjects they know nothing about and then argue with you. And when you finally get it through their thick head (if you want to give yourself a headache doing that) that they were wrong in the first place they get all defensive and offended.

Negative people that have to whinge and moan about everything. Complainy wah wah wah. Someone complains that they have to do X. I say, Ok I'll do X I don't mind, but what do they do? They complain even more about it. Offering to help is like some kind of whinge catalyst.
    Honest to God my brain starts leaking out my ears listening to this crap. It actually brings me down and depresses me. Fcuking assholes.

I hate people who tell stories with them as some kind of infallible protagonist. They're always right and everyone else is always wrong. Exaggerations abound and the truth is usually so twisted that the whole story might as well be a work of fiction by the end.

These people exist. They're out there. I've dropped one or two friends because they quite literally were draining the life force out of me. They're not your friends if they make you feel like crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

People who see you as a "thing". It's ok, I'm a thing play with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Shryke wrote: »
    People who talk out their arse on subjects they know nothing about and then argue with you...

Negative people that have to whinge and moan about everything...

I hate people who tell stories with them as some kind of infallible protagonist...

These people exist. They're out there.
    Too bloody right, my mother's new husband is a mix of all three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

People who say they'll do something for you and don't. Something that I'd have no problem doing myself, but put off because they say they'll do it, then don't.

JUST SAY YOU WON'T DO IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Shryke wrote: »
    I hate people who tell stories with them as some kind of infallible protagonist.

Great turn of phrase, well put.
    They're not your friends if they make you feel like crap.

This too.
    Mr.Plough wrote: »
    People who say they'll do something for you and don't. Something that I'd have no problem doing myself, but put off because they say they'll do it, then don't.

JUST SAY YOU WON'T DO IT

Yup. Chicken sh1t lip service merchants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Augmerson wrote: »
    People who talk about other people. My ex-girlfriend would do this. She'd be looking around the room, staring at other people and then start talking about them, while they were still there, about what they were doing or whatever. I can never understand people doing that. I hate talking about other people like that, either infront of them or when they aren't there. It made me very uncomfortable. Infact it pissed me off a great deal, I hate that ****. It's like gossiping and bitching rolled into one.

Oh the sweet irony.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭AngryLips

anyone who has ever uttered the words:

"have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Drama Queens and Kings.

Drama Queens and Kings.

:(

:mad:

*cries, throws things*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Sleepy wrote: »
    Those who brag about being crap at Maths or having never read a book since their Leaving Cert. One's lack of intelligence or ignorance is something to be ashamed of, not to take pride in.

This is the second time I've seen this particular complaint in this thread.

Who the hell BRAGS about never reading books? I've never in my life come across this.

I can't be the only one that finds this claim (that people brag about never reading books) a bit odd.

And are you sure that people "brag" about being crap at maths? Are you 100% sure in your heart of hearts that they are, in fact, trying to make themselves look good by stating that they are sh1t at maths? You're SURE?

whirlpool wrote: »
    This is the second time I've seen this particular complaint in this thread.

Who the hell BRAGS about never reading books? I've never in my life come across this.

I can't be the only one that finds this claim (that people brag about never reading books) a bit odd.

And are you sure that people "brag" about being crap at maths? Are you 100% sure in your heart of hearts that they are, in fact, trying to make themselves look good by stating that they are sh1t at maths? You're SURE?

I've seen a few people put things on facebook under the "books" section in "interests" like "Wats a buk lol!" and "Ya rite y wud i read a buk lol!"

I also recall one of the goons from Westlife a few years ago admitting that he'd never read a book outside school and didn't see any point in reading one. Not exactly mocking readers in this case, but not a great endorsement of the written word either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Can't stand the "too sweet" type - always make me nervous particularly in a work enviornment.........................these people seem to have numerous personalities that can play to any crowd too........be afraid!!

Advertisement