Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there any way to just view thanked posts

• 12-05-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭

Sometimes I read a thread that's great post by post, sometimes the opposite. Usually its easy to spot the good one by seeing what posts are thanked. Is there any way to do this automatically? Apologies in advance to those who, like me want to read good posts only

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

do not thank this post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Thanked posts don't always mean good posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Why are you so angry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Would this be so you wouldn't have to read unpopular opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Is there anything better than being thanked off on a Saturday Summers day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

do not thank this post

Okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

You're in luck OP! I can direct you to that section. It's called "the button that allows people who are too lazy to use their brain to skip bits of information that might not be to their taste." If only it was available for paperbacks for self-important readers who aren't bothered to read filler and just want the best bits eh? Also here's a tip, if you want to know everything that happens a film and don't want to watch it there are many synopses online and youtube clips of key scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Apologies in advance to those who, like me want to read good posts only
    :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thanks whoring threads are not like they used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

That would be ridiculous, you would never be able to go back over the posts you have contributed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

give me thanks

me only get looky no thanky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭veryangryman

shancoduff wrote: »
    You're in luck OP! I can direct you to that section. It's called "the button that allows people who are too lazy to use their brain to skip bits of information that might not be to their taste." If only it was available for paperbacks for self-important readers who aren't bothered to read filler and just want the best bits eh? Also here's a tip, if you want to know everything that happens a film and don't want to watch it there are many synopses online and youtube clips of key scenes.
    Sorry can you say that again. Didn't hear you with the lack of thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Usually its easy to spot the good one by seeing what posts are thanked.

Which can be misleading, because quite often a lot of shyte posts are also inexplicably thanked. This is probably due to the herd mentality, or if the poster is a Mod ect. Surely you've been around here long enough to realise that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Sorry can you say that again. Didn't hear you with the lack of thanks

Good one OP, you showed him!!1 ~

Which can be misleading, because quite often a lot of shyte posts are also inexplicably thanked. This is probably due to the herd mentality, or if the poster is a Mod ect. Surely you've been around here long enough to realise that?
    Only Mods thank other Mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Not sure if..

..i should thank ALL THE POSTS

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH isn't boards helpdesk.
    Use Newbies forum, feedback or helpdesk - all under Sys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement