Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores that buy/take trades on second hand guitars

Options
  • 12-05-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I've got a mid/high range gibson that I was looking to sell or trade for an ES 335. Besides adverts etc online does anyone no any stores that are willing to offer cash or take the trade .
    Unfortunately only for the recent poor misfortune at Jimi's i prob would of headed there but im not sure what the mans situation is at the moment!
    Thanks in advance :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

shops need to make a profit.

they will NOT give you the value of your guitar, because they need to SELL it at that value. the profit that they need to pay thier rent and wages is the difference.

you will get much more for your instrument selling it on Gumtree, Craigs or ebay that you ever will in a trade in.

THEN you take a bundle of cash into the store to buy your new guitar and get discount that you won't get on a trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

If it's rare and you are looking for a decent price, you might need to eBay it. I wouldn't like to depend on any Irish buyers offering good money these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

slick123: Please don't type in ALL CAPS as it makes your post hard to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Selling on adverts.ie, gumtree or ebay is probably your best bet, as mentioned above the shops will never give you a good price. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of cash around at the moment so finding a buyer might take a while.

Advertisement