Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondment issue

Options
  • 12-05-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everybody,
    I work in a technical job and 2 years ago I was sent to another team on secondment. Last week I was told I would be sent back to my original team. My current working role is very different to the role 2 years ago, and I very much enjoy my current role. Can my employer send me back to the original role? The current role would be seen as a promotion.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Hi everybody,
    I work in a technical job and 2 years ago I was sent to another team on secondment. Last week I was told I would be sent back to my original team. My current working role is very different to the role 2 years ago, and I very much enjoy my current role. Can my employer send me back to the original role? The current role would be seen as a promotion.

thanks in advance.

They unfortunately can. That's the nature of a secondment.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I thought that the fact I have been on secondment for so long means I effectively have my current role on a perm basis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Unfortunately No.

Advertisement