Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only one rear foglight?

• 12-05-2012 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭

Is this the done thing in some countries? I just noticed it today, on the left there are 5 wires going into the yoke that holds the bulbs, the other only 4. The lamp on both sides is a combined rear light / fog light (2 filaments) but the one on the right doesn't light up t all

Car is imported from Holland. The fact that only one works doesn't bother me the slightest cause I hardly use them, just wondering is this the way its supposed to be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

... ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

eth0 wrote: »
    Is this the done thing in some countries? I just noticed it today, on the left there are 5 wires going into the yoke that holds the bulbs, the other only 4. The lamp on both sides is a combined rear light / fog light (2 filaments) but the one on the right doesn't light up t all

Car is imported from Holland. The fact that only one works doesn't bother me the slightest cause I hardly use them, just wondering is this the way its supposed to be?

> Motors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Well just noticed my new mazda just has the one in the rear bumper. The pug 206's are similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You are from Donegal

Not caring about rules of the road is expected from you
    So relax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Maybe its only suppose to have one fog. Did you read the handbook?

Oh, and motors
    >

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

So , then I said to the Nigerian Taxi Dri......

AH ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

only if they are made from clogs. are they made from clogs?

... ****!

the fcuk :confused:

The VW Golf is the same. My brother recently replaced the CAN gateway in his Mk5 Golf and it threw up warnings about the rear fog light being missing. Turned out the gateway was configured for LHD so was expecting the fog light to be on the other side. Changed it to RHD via a PC and all was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Yeah I often noticed that meself its got something to do with the conjibulators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Why do some threads get moved to their relevant forum ever so swiftly :confused:. Yet other threads are allowed to linger like a bad fart.

Why do some threads get moved to their relevant forum ever so swiftly :confused:. Yet other threads are allowed to linger like a bad fart.

because you touch yourself :pac:

No mods on to move it? Some of the attempts at humour in the replies are like the sh1te that comes out after the bad fart

No mods on to move it? Some of the attempts at humour in the replies are like the sh1te that comes out after the bad fart

you're the OP why didnt you post in motors ffs :confused:

IM0 wrote: »
    you're the OP why didnt you post in motors ffs :confused:

I meant to but for some reason couldn't delete my thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

There is only one fog light at the rear of a vehicle in order to differentiate the fog lights and the brake lights afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Seriously does my head in if someone is driving with one headlight not sure about if there is only one rear fog light???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

doovdela wrote: »
    Seriously does my head in if someone is driving with one headlight not sure about if there is only one rear fog light???

Yeah the one headlight is a nightmare. I remember I got too close to a fcuker one night on a country road thinking he was riding a motorcycle. Scary experience it could have been serious sh1t if I hadn't realised in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

doovdela wrote: »

The "one eyed monster". Hate those fuckers.

Seriously - I mean how much effort does it take to check your lights are working every now and again?

It should be mandatory to check your lights, oil levels & tyre pressure at least once a fortnight.

Advertisement