Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCoys-Accidental extra packet

Options
  • 12-05-2012 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I bought a 6-pack of McCoys Meaty Variety in Dunnes earlier and was surprised to see it contained 7 packs, instead of 6.
    I double checked the bag to make sure it didn't say "+1 free" or anything-it didn't.
    Popped over to a friend's earlier and he had the same crisps with the same extra packet!
    Happy days for a McCoys fan--would be interested (just out of curiosity) if anyone else gets an extra packet if they buy a multipack of MCoys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Posted before when somebody got an empty bag
    rubadub wrote: »
    Multi pack crisps are notorious for varying pack sizes. AFAIK they sell them on overall weight, I often get bags jammed full, and others with feck all. If you have your machines running on lower tolerances, e.g. 25g +/-10g it is cheaper & faster to produce them.

You might have gotten a load of extra full bags and then this empty one, though overall you did get the correct weight. I am just polishing off a half full pack of walkers now! the one yesterday was jammed.

In your case the machine might have been making loads of small bags, and they might fill the large final bag by weight, so rather than counting out 6 packs it keeps filling until it gets to what 6 bags should weigh.

Tesco do chicken fillets which are supposed to be a standard weight, but if you root around you can often find some packs which have massive fillets and are far bigger than advertised. I think they usually go over the weight than under on most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We has the same, 3 pork bags 2 or everything else.

Advertisement