Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface down D7 area ??

• 12-05-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Just noticed my Blueface Voip phone service is out, can't even get on to their web site to check if there are problems, any one else ???

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

lensman wrote: »
    Just noticed my Blueface Voip phone service is out, can't even get on to their web site to check if there are problems, any one else ???

Yep, having issues here in our office as well in Co Clare. I can't make any calls to our blueface line or out through blueface. We have a backup provider in case of a failure.

I can't access www.bluefacestatus.com either. Their website, sip server and their own number is down. Well done Blueface!

Anyone know what's going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Yep, having issues here in our office as well in Co Clare. I can't make any calls to our blueface line or out through blueface. We have a backup provider in case of a failure.

I can't access www.bluefacestatus.com either. Their website, sip server and their own number is down. Well done Blueface!

Anyone know what's going on?
    Can't be scheduled maintenance they would have emailed, they have a backup server which should have automatically kicked in once main server dropped, this happened 2yrs ago & that time the backup server didn't kick in as it should have, all was well the next morning :Dhttp://www.bluefacestatus.com/ working for me but no news on current problem

Can't be scheduled maintenance they would have emailed, they have a backup server which should have automatically kicked in once main server dropped, this happened 2yrs ago & that time the backup server didn't kick in as it should have, all was well the next morning :D

Hmm, our backup provider has kicked in but that's because we have a phone system in our office. I know this has happened before, but from what I can see its everything across the board. May be their name servers or firewall acting up again. Here are Blueface's emergency numbers I have:

The 015065565 rings out, the 0818 disconnects and the 014361700 just stays blank on the line 'Calling'.

Hopefully it will be sorted in the morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

http://www.bluefacestatus.com/

is available ....... but the last status report appears to be 22nd Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭bala

Looks like their Twitter account is deleted as well.

• Advertisement

bala wrote: »
    Looks like their Twitter account is deleted as well.

Its @bluefacemobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JulesAB

Blueface VOIP service and website etc..still appears to be unavailable this morning in Cork ...any updates?

JulesAB wrote: »
    Blueface VOIP service and website etc..still appears to be unavailable this morning in Cork ...any updates?

Our blueface lines seem to be back working now. Still no communication from them.

Everything is back to normal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Our blueface lines seem to be back working now. Still no communication from them.

Everything is back to normal!

:D:D

My mistake. All outbound calls are now working. All inbound calls get disconnected.

Still problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

All numbers dialled are 'unavailable'

MediaTank wrote: »
    All numbers dialled are 'unavailable'

Right, their up to no good :(

"Your call cannot be completed as dialled, please try your call again later". Nothing wrong with our systems but can ring blueface numbers. Calling landlines via blueface isn't working now.

No outbound pstn, no inbound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Did anybody get respond from blueface?
    Service went down yesterday at 23.04

domeld wrote: »
    Did anybody get respond from blueface?
    Service went down yesterday at 23.04

Nope. Emailed them and I got nothing.

I can get through to a few numbers and through the eircom line no bother, but others don't work at all.

Certainly not acceptable. I wonder what will happen with them and the Carphonewarehouse deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Outbands calls are working.
    Inbound are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 brathnach

This is a first for me. My phones are down. (Galway) www.blueface.ie is down and their emergency number 5242002 is out. I'll wait to hear the explanation on this. I really hope they don't have their emergency number routed through their own service. Think they provide a fantastic service but that would be dumb if it is so.

Hope they havent left the universe!!

Jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Mossy

Either they know about the problem and they're just not communicating with their customers (no updates to bluefacestatus, twitter, no emails), or they don't know about the problem because it's Sunday (!).

Either way shows a lack of contingency planning on Blueface's part, and if they are working on the problem the lack of communication is appalling.

Last time (May 2010) it was because their firewall went down.

Here are some boards.ie comments from that time:
    For a company who hosts such a critical "business service" like this it's shocking that they don't have any failover in place. If this is a "firewall problem" and the firewall is malfunctioning, then why don't they have a hot spare that they can swap in to place?
    Communication from Blueface is non-existent. If there is a fault you should inform your customers. It's not too difficult to send out an email to the customer base is it? Also I cant believe you dont have a contingency on your own lines. If there's a problem with Blueface your own support line goes dead! This is seriously poor service.
    I think I could have forgiven this incident if Blueface had sent an email to their customers or communcated with us in some way. They didn't. I think this proves they do not have any procedures in place for dealing with incidents like this. If they dont come back with the right answers I'll be looking for a new supplier.

The service is working now for us and customers can now call in.

Outbound and inbound are now working for us. Hopefully it will STICK this time.

Still nothing from blueface.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jaredGalen

No outgoing for me, no functioning incoming. Weird behaviour is that I can try and call from a mobile and it fails. About 2 mins later the phone will ring showing the caller ID of the mobile I had tried calling from.

So it's like incoming calls are 'working' but the call is delayed by about 2 mins. Still can't call out.

Well,

The problem just gets odder and odder for me. First off I'm running a business that relies on our sip lines staying up. Out going calls won't go through as that nice lady comes on saying "your account is too low" for a landline call even though I am on a yearly subscription for all landline calls and I can't top up even if I want to as blueface.ie is down! Incoming calls will ring and the number shows but no voice download or upload. blueface.ie is down still, emergency support number is down. Atleast if their website account facility was functional I'd be able to redirect the calls instead of losing them. I'm thinking we won't be able to see what calls were missed now either if their own incoming call servers are down.

Do such faults not send pagers buzzing in bluestaff management homes? Blueface really needs to invest some resources in contingency/redundancy systems to not allow this happen again as for what they save us can quickly be lost revenue when the service fails like today. They should consider at least some complimentary account credit to take the sting out of it for their customers. Trust me on this blueface. Atleast it makes such outages more forgivable which is maybe what you need right now and not customer loss.

Jim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭soSolid

Can't make outgoing calls...incoming take ages to connect. Blueface.ie site still down. No updates...last straw. I've been with them for seven years, but this is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Down here too in Dublin 2

brathnach wrote: »
    Well,

The problem just gets odder and odder for me. First off I'm running a business that relies on our sip lines staying up. Out going calls won't go through as that nice lady comes on saying "your account is too low" for a landline call even though I am on a yearly subscription for all landline calls and I can't top up even if I want to! Incoming calls will ring and the number shows but no voice download or upload. blueface.ie is down still, emergency support number is down. Atleast if their website account facility was functional I'd be able to redirect the calls instead of losing them. I'm thinking we won't be able to see what calls were missed now either if their own incoming call servers are down.

Do such faults not send pagers buzzing in bluestaff management homes? Blueface really needs to invest some resources in contingency/redundancy systems to not allow this happen again as for what they save me can quickly be lost revenue when the service fails like today.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jaredGalen

A member of staff posted on their Facebook page about 2 hours ago. I suggest we go post there.

https://www.facebook.com/BluefaceLtd

only outgoing calls possible here at D7, incoming no go as yet, F'd if I signing up to facebook just to keep track of whats going on, perhaps some kind facebook member might relay any news from blueface here??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

only outgoing calls possible here at D7, incoming no go as yet, F'd if I signing up to facebook just to keep track of whats going on, perhaps some kind facebook member might relay any news from blueface here??

"Our engineers are looking at this issue that is affecting you" - This is the sum and total of what has been posted on the Facebook page thus far.

thanks, to be fair I'm with BF about 6yrs & this is only the 2nd serious outage I can remember, although they should have an external email account so they could notify customers, bad mark against them for lack of info.:(
    ***UPDATE** incoming & outgoing call back to normal as of 15:50, D7

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭soSolid

thanks, to be fair I'm with BF about 6yrs & this is only the 2nd serious outage I can remember, although they should have an external email account so they could notify customers, bad mark against them for lack of info.:(

Remember the eircom issue? The voicemail problem? The firewall problem? And many others..

I'm considering digiweb at this point. Even though its out of office hours, I don't think this is acceptable. Why don't they have a list of emails and mobile numbers to send them to...

I'm *not* back in action here (Galway). I'll need a bit more of an explanation than given on the status page to remain with blueface. I really lost alot of valuable calls today. Are there going to be some redundancy servers put online to deal with these issues? Don't be the weakest link in my business blueface please.

jim

EDIT :( Not back in action at all actually. Incoming calls ring but not setup. Outgoing calls go to "The credit in your account is too low" which it is but it is a landline call I'm making which I pay a yearly subscription for. Who do I contact to get this issue resolved????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

I have nothing here. we are a 7 day a week business, anyone any suggestions for a backup voip service?

Advertisement