Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface down D7 area ??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 brathnach

7 day business here too. I have an account with intervoip.com setup for my mobile phone calls now for over a year. Never missed a beat. Using it today for landlines too. Sucker for me is that I can't receive any incoming calls which is my bread. Wish my incoming calls could be routed to another sip/landline when bf goes down (even though I actually have done this in the bf toolbox) but I guess it will only happen if my sip client isn't seen connected on blueface's server.

Dangerous thing for blueface here is that if in a business like me and the service is down I have nothing better to do than come on here and kick up a fuss until its fixed. Service is just another name for reputation. If blueface are taking this issue seriously they should have someone on call for Sundays to deal with customer concerns when this issue arises. End of

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I have nothing here. we are a 7 day a week business, anyone any suggestions for a backup voip service?

Would recommend goldfish.ie. Never had a problem with them bar one time, when there was a problem over christmas and an engineer emailed me out of hours and resolved the problem.

We use blueface at the minute but I'm considering porting our current numbers to goldfish and dumping blueface. What's more the caller id that blueface sends out is 003531XXXXXXX and goldfish sends out locally 01XXXXXXX

Our service is fully operational now for us thank god. But seriously, its common sense. If I owned a business like this I would drop everything I was doing and insure my custoers that we are aware of the problem while the engineers try to fix the problem.

Phone is still one of the main points of business (especially in Ireland), and no business can afford to lose it. Even if there was some automatic email advising clients of the issue it wouldn't be as bad.

We all here (and I'm not trying to generate hatred) know about previous downtime from blueface. Yet, some (like me) stay with them..

Eircom have their bad moments as well, local exchange went bonkers and we had no lines it was terrible. Blueface has been a life saver there where every other business on the street had no phones, we did.

I'm expecting an apology for what happened, and more importantly an explanation of what happened and how they are going to insure it won't happen again.

Few! That was a long rant..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

The UPC phone service might be worth a try as a backup or even move over completely? you can add their phone service to your existing TV & or broadband package quite cheaply & it doesn't start costing unless you make calls,...In my case I'm paying €43.44 a month for 25Mb broadband, this includes €7.75 broadband only charge, but if I upgrade to their 25Mb BB + phone bundle my monthly charge actually drops to €40.50, or I could upgrade to 50Mb BB + phone for €45.50 per month.....crazy I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

someone on goldfish.ie trying to capitalise on blueface downtime!

13th MAY Live service availability information
    Our current service availability performance is 100.0% availability this week, 100.0% availability this month and 100.0% availability over the last 365 days. These figures are updated automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

If they dont resolve problem till tomorrow they will have more complains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

From bluefacestatus.com

"Dear customer

Some people reported intermittent problems with inbound and outbound calls this morning - this issue was resolved at approximately 3.30pm.

This was as a result of a major power upgrade by one of our data centre providers last night, which has affected a number of service providers including Blueface.

Our website and non-voice services were affected also today as a result. The website was restored as of 11.45pm.

All services are now functioning normally.

Thank you

Blueface

Updated 11.50pm"

someone on goldfish.ie trying to capitalise on blueface downtime!

13th MAY Live service availability information
    Our current service availability performance is 100.0% availability this week, 100.0% availability this month and 100.0% availability over the last 365 days. These figures are updated automatically.
    I don't work for goldfish btw.

domeld wrote: »
    If they dont resolve problem till tomorrow they will have more complains.

"During the course of Sunday 13th May, certain customers experienced intermittent voice call problems on inbound and/or outbound calls. This was caused by a significant power and connectivity issue in one of our main data centres, affecting other carriers and severely impacting some of our core connectivity partners. This major issue resulted in a proportion of our customers experiencing intermittent voice problems.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Voice and related Services are 100% operational for all customers at present with no intermittent or others issues observed.

If you do experience any further issues please do let us know and we can investigate it for you."

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Petercarlos

I am using VOIP services from The Real PBX. I think their services can prove to be a reliable backup plan for your business.

Is blueface down again?

• Advertisement

domeld wrote: »
    Is blueface down again?

Just rang their line and a spare 076 and its seems to be working fine. Are you able yo register to their servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SimonMcCann

just checked and its working fine for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Working grand here,....D7 also

Only few places was affected.
    Clonmel, Waterford, Wexford

Advertisement