Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Illness You Ever Had

• 13-05-2012 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

As i type this im shivering and cold even though its warm, i went outside for a smoke a few mins ago and shivered like a dog in heat.
    its the classic symptoms of a flu or cellulitis, which i had just over a year ago. i hope to god its not cellulitis again as its awful and i wouldnt wish it on anyone plus doctors and medication arent cheap

thankfully though, thats the worst illness ive ever had, touch wood

whats the worst illness youve had?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Pregnancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

it would be worse if it was cellulite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Archeron

Whooping cough as a nipper. Missed four months of school, and the day I went back there was a blizzard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Pregnancy.

An easily communicative ailment as well.

Tragic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

If you had the Flu, you wouldn't have been able to climb out of the bed to go for a smoke, you wouldn't have been able to lift the weight of the smoke with your arm, a smoke would have been the last thing on your mind what with wanting to curl up and die 'n all.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

Man flu.

Just brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I had cellulitis this time last year (nothing to do with cellulite!)- it was truly horrible. Couldn't move for a good 2-3 days. Spent first two days of it in bed fully clothed, shivering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

As i type this im shivering and cold even though its warm, i went outside for a smoke a few mins ago and shivered like a dog in heat.
    its the classic symptoms of a flu or cellulitis, which i had just over a year ago. i hope to god its not cellulitis again as its awful and i wouldnt wish it on anyone plus doctors and medication arent cheap

thankfully though, thats the worst illness ive ever had, touch wood

whats the worst illness youve had?

He he I died once. Wasn't great crack really. 5 weeks in hospital but I got over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Appendix Mass. Very sore. :(

On the upside I was given some high quality morphine every few hours. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Alcoholism.

Doesn't get the credit as a disease that it deserves, some people seem to think it's a matter of choice, but it isn't. A lot of tax money needs to put into this disease, perhaps at the expense of things like cancer and heart disease research, but so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Schizophrenia. A nasty earache just pipped into second place. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Calibos wrote: »
    If you had the Flu, you wouldn't have been able to climb out of the bed to go for a smoke, you wouldn't have been able to lift the weight of the smoke with your arm, a smoke would have been the last thing on your mind what with wanting to curl up and die 'n all.

:D

i never said i was in bed, im in the sitting room, i wouldnt be online with my 6 month old son beside me

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Glandular fever!!

Oh holy god, I thought I'd die (especially when my dad kept lolling and calling it the "kissing disease")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Dysentery. Pretty unpleasant. In fact, it's shítty.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

severe Gastroenteritis/ suspected inflamed appendix one time, throwing up and diarrhoea every 20 minutes for a whole night. The girlfriend eventually got tired trying to comfort me and fell asleep! Bitch!!

Went through 2 toilet rolls and was in loads of pain so got the girlfriend to run me to A&E the next morning (incase it was appendicitis) threw up twice in the car and when we got there after waiting only 30 mins surprisingly, the doctor couldn't get a pulse and the Nurse chastised me for coming into the hospital sick - cause i could be spreading a virus etc.......WTF!?

After a few antisickness tabs and when i was steady enough on my feet i walked out - Kunts! Spent the next 2 days in bed and lost half a stone.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

Sciatica......toothache in my lower back that won't go away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I was actually going to say my pelvic inflammatory disease, but now that I think about it, the depression, insomnia and anxiety (which I tend of lump in as one, as they all coexist) might be worse - I can't decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Pulmonary embolism oh how I laughed.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

The aids I had last week was pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

Food Poisining

Using the toilet whilst getting sick in the sink. Liquid from both ends. not good. Then feeling thirsty only to have to give the bathroom another visit.

On a second topic how come when you clean your toilet you use rubber gloves but when your getting sick, you hug it like a long lost friend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lookitsme wrote: »
    Food Poisining

Using the toilet whilst getting sick in the sink. Liquid from both ends. not good. Then feeling thirsty only to have to give the bathroom another visit.

On a second topic how come when you clean your toilet you use rubber gloves but when your getting sick, you hug it like a long lost friend

because you always talk to god on the big white telephone when you are shouting soup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Diabetes, fcuking ruining my life at the moment,I am pissing 30 times a day and always tired as I can't sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

crx=== wrote: »
    Sciatica......toothache in my lower back that won't go away :(

Pneumonia a number of years back.... almost killed me, had a week in hosptial with that one.

Tried the sciatica.... well, blew a disc and had it removed, and have a bit of nerve damage so 'my left foot' only half works and i can't feel it.
    And now I have a spot on the end of my nose, probably won't be able to go out 'til Thursday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

tdv123 wrote: »
    Appendix Mass. Very sore. :(

If you think that's sore you should hear Fr. Malachys mass...two fecking hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

lookitsme wrote: »
    Food Poisining

Ahh ...necessity the mother of depravity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The aids I had last week was pretty bad.

I have aids too but my guys made this week a good one for me, you want I can pass on their agency number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

MS. I win, you can close the thread now :cool:

ah no no you said had. okay then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Brain haemorrhage due to an AVM. Still have a limp and poor dexterity in my left hand because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've struggled with manflu in the past but luckily I've always been in easy reach of my Mam at the time, she knows how to fix it she comes over to our place and cooks me lovely meals and brings my bed quilts from back home over and gets me off to sleep on the coach.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Four hour bus journey while suffering from food poisoning. Asked the driver if he could stop about half way through but he couldn't. Actually felt like dying. Survived until the end of the journey and made it to the bathroom. God help the person that had to clean that cubicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Tinnitus. :(

If that counts?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

going through a bit of a dose of syphilis at the moment, sudocrem is not working this time,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Had a Peritonsillar abscess,(quinsy) which I thought was just a sore throat and did not bother going to the doc. Ended up in ICU in Beaumont and almost died. For someone who would love to think I'll go out in a blaze of glory, being choked to death by my own tonsils would have been a piss poor way to depart this life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Few years ago I got up to go to school one morning, bit dizzy, but nothing too bad. My mum said I looked sick, I said I was fine, went off to school. At lunchtime, when we were all eating, I started eating my sandwiches, and I just couldn't swallow them, so I tried to, ended up throwing up. Made it home, was sick, and dizzzier, went up to bed at 4 in the afternoon, just didn't get up. Couldn't. I was boiling hot, sick as a dog, couldn't get up without the room spinning, couldn't sleep or eat, lasted for 3 bloody weeks it did :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I ate a donut in a bakery oneday last month. I then got a hard on that lasted 3 weeks. Worst thing ever. I could do natin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Used to get the worst migraine in my teens.. Loss of vision, hallucinations the works! Could tell it was coming on when I'd notice something in my peripheral vision just vanish lol. Grew out of them :) had one of those week long bugs a while back, lost half a stone happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Proper flu.

When I could barely walk, I had to take a shower because I wasn't able for it in the previous days. Couldn't handle the lack of air and almost fainted, so I had to get out ASAP and collapsed onto the bed. Didn't wanna eat, play videogames, read, nothing. Doing anything took massive effort and the sheets were drenched in sweat. Felt like absolute ****. Thank god its only ever happened twice.

The most unique one I got was viral conjunctivitus. Basically the scrams(sleep) in your eyes goes into overtime and starts to cover your entire eye. Very infectious, but not really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 lolz90

When I was about 16 I originally contracted Septic Cockled Throat, then Glandular Fever a few days after, and then was diagnosed with Hepatitis as a result of the Glandular Fever.

Easily the worst 3 months of my life. I would wake up in the middle of the night and have no clue who I was or where I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

hydrocephalus

that being said depression runs it a close second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Snapped Banjo String, thought i was gonna fcukin die!!!!!!! Blood everywhere :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Viral meningitis (the mild one) when a teenager - a headache like nothing I'd ever had accompanied soon after by the most violent and prolonged bout of vomiting I'd ever heard of. Not the best with an exploding headache - Jesus H. And it went away in the next day or two once in hospital. It involved a lumbar puncture. A big massive needle into my lower back to get some spinal fluid for testing. I had a local anasthaetic but it felt weird all the same. Phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

Terminal Cancer

...oh wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Winter vomiting bug was terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Meningitis when I was two. Nearly died from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

clap....note to others.stay away from hotlips

sidenote:may or may not have happened.

Sidenote,sorry hotlips.
    Boardies need to know.

Joke..

Or is it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Asthma ... The fcking thing drives me mad.. The sap off tree kills my chest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I had an ear infection one time which brought on a proper case of vertigo. sitting down thinking the whole room is swaying back and forth, you cant stand up or youll just fall over as you try to balance the swaying of the room. your stomach and mind does think its swinging.....vomit everywhere. like being on one of those swinging ships at a funfair non stop for hours on end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I died once, thankfully I got better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Pneumonia, twice. Second time was apparently not as bad but christ it felt 100 times worse, I genuinly felt like dying.

Do you know how it feels having to puke everywhere and explosive diarreah everywhere at the same time!? you can hold both of them in!!

Black sack while sitting on the toilet before I went to hospital :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

The Black Plague.

That was a rough fúckin' week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement