Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alcoholic Flatmate

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Wowzer! wrote: »
    I have a vid of him shouting at the microwave thinking its his ex. Showed it to him and he denied it happened. I would put it up but I don't think it would help my situation. It is funny, but not if you have to live with it.

You have to put this up on youtube. The video has potential to get 100,000 views. Just think of the advertising revenue you'd receive from it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Al-Anon is designed to help people affected be alcoholism. Find a meeting near you, and you will get the help you need to cope with this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wowzer!

ogriofa wrote: »
    Do you realllly love your apartment that much? I wouldn't try so hard to stay another year. If there's nothing you can do about the lease, are you gonna be able to get rid of him when its up?
    I know its not fair, but I wouldn't be killing myself to live there. The apt might be great, but if you're getting a bad deal with the flatmate and the atmosphere is crappola...

Hope you come up with a plan and get sorted soon

Edit: do stick it out till the end of this lease

Thinking this is probably the best plan. I have been too good to him in the cleaning and upkeep department, also in sorting any problems in the apartment. All that stops today. I don't like just "renting a room" as I'm not a teenager anymore but it looks like I gotta go back into that mode again. Might have a chat with the letting agent when the last month kicks in and see if I can take up the lease & sublet the room. Till then gotta try avoid the Incredible Drunk/Sulk. Reality is a bi**h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

TroutMask wrote: »
    Al-Anon is designed to help people affected be alcoholism. Find a meeting near you, and you will get the help you need to cope with this situation.
    and they will help you find "god" too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

UDP wrote: »
    TroutMask wrote: »
    and they will help you find "god" too
    now, now. It's not "god". It's any higher power that has power over you and that you have to accept as your saviour and relinquish all power to. Nothing like god at all, honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭whymeagain

i`ve got an alcoholic workmate he is full time drinking on the job can`t say anything his father is production manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Invite your mates around and talk about religion while he's there.

He'll pack his bags soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

He'll hit rock bottom eventually and when he does he'll either get his act together or fall apart completely. Don't get involved. You've no idea what you'd be getting into. That video with the microwave might be pretty funny though, mental health concerns aside. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

KTRIC wrote: »
    14 posts and not one of ya suggested blasting him with piss !!!! i'm disappointed AH, i really am :(

i was told if say that phrase again, i'll be banned :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

i was told if say that phrase again, i'll be banned :confused:

...And rightly so too!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Wowser: At least its only a lease and not many chains keeping you both together if i understand correctly .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I can't believe no one has suggested this.

1. Match the muppett drink for drink.
    2. Abuse him while you're drunk
    3. Start to steal his cans
    4. Shift his ex-microwave

he'll soon move out. Who wants to live with an Alco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wowzer!

MajorMax wrote: »
    I can't believe no one has suggested this.

1. Match the muppett drink for drink.
    2. Abuse him while you're drunk
    3. Start to steal his cans
    4. Shift his ex-microwave

he'll soon move out. Who wants to live with an Alco?

Ha ha. Brilliant. I would but she's a Samsung. Not my type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Ha ha. Brilliant. I would but she's a Samsung. Not my type.

:D

I would move out wowzer. Sounds like this guy is on a path to self-destruction. I get you love your flat, but plenty of other nice ones out there.

Sexier microwaves, too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You have to put this up on youtube. The video has potential to get 100,000 views. Just think of the advertising revenue you'd receive from it :cool:

Exactly. Put up the video, make enough cash to cover the lost deposit and move.

**** your flat mate, nothing more ignorant than some **** with a booze problem.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

So my housemate has become ever more reliant on the booze over the last few months. Started when he was sneaking out for a cheeky pint on nightshifts a couple of months ago. Since then he has been drinking 5 out of 7 nights a week including cans in his room when he thinks I don't know. Now he is either hungover or drunk and the moodswings are intolerable. The other day he lost it with me because apparently I talk too much and am annoying. I'm stuck on a lease with him for another couple of months and just don't know what to do. Sure my Landlord doesn't give a damn as long as they get their rent but I can't put up with this for much longer. Has anyone any experience like this? I know Alcoholism is serious but he just can't recognise it and somehow thinks I'm the one with the problem because I'm concerned for him. At a loss for what I can do. Can anyone help?

Dont be concerned for him. He's just a cnut. Dont try some softly softly approach with concern for his mental well being and his substance abuse affliction. That's for his mother to worry about and is not your concern. Tell him he's a stupid cnut if he's starts getting moody with you. Let him leave the place, why should you.

Also watch your valuables and money in the accommodation. They're not safe if the prlck has a dependency problem.

Advertisement