Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

OK, just rang eMobile. The GSIII is indeed available over the phone for €139 on this deal....

BUT

it's a mistake. Their systems haven't been updated. The girl on the phone was aware of the issue and said that she couldn't guarantee that the €100 difference would not be charged on your bill if purchased at €139. So.....do you feel lucky?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

John2009 wrote: »
    Rang to avail of this offer last Monday and got told i wasnt eligible for the offer and they tried to flog me the Select300 plan, chanced my arm again on Wednesday and got signed up with the Sony Xperia S for €89 no hassle, took delivery of the phone this morning and loving it :D

just had a look on my eMobile account and it seems i've used 8.71GB of data so far and the sim isnt registered 10 hours :eek:, must get a phonecall to them to rectify it

Not sure if anyone got back to you on this, but this is normal due to it being the first month of your contract. It's probably half way through their cycle so you're only given a portion of data, calls, texts etc. It'll all be back to the full allowance for the start of the next month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

she couldn't guarantee that the €100 difference would not be charged on your bill if purchased at €139. So.....do you feel lucky?!

Good luck trying to get eMobile to fix a billing mistake...except by tweeting them it seems. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

OK, just rang eMobile. The GSIII is indeed available over the phone for €139 on this deal....

BUT

it's a mistake. Their systems haven't been updated. The girl on the phone was aware of the issue and said that she couldn't guarantee that the €100 difference would not be charged on your bill if purchased at €139. So.....do you feel lucky?!

Well there is a 14 day cooling off period, so if anyone who has purchased it for 139, gets a bill with the extra 100, then let people know so they can cancel the contract if they have the time...it's worth a chance tho, nothing was mentioned to me about been charged 100 extra and I will fight my corner about that for sure!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They won't bill you for 15 days and then it is too late. They do have an online billing system which is better than the other operators ones. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

just rang to buy the phone. they were going to give me the deal but the samsung galaxy s3 is now out of stock. the girl on the phone said they got 35 in yesterday and i couldnt place a pre order with her for when they come back in to stock. she said to try again sometime next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Damie wrote: »
    Well there is a 14 day cooling off period, so if anyone who has purchased it for 139, gets a bill with the extra 100, then let people know so they can cancel the contract if they have the time...it's worth a chance tho, nothing was mentioned to me about been charged 100 extra and I will fight my corner about that for sure!

If they charge you an extra 100 euro I am guessing it changes the contract therefore you would have an extra 14 days? I doubt they could get away with slapping a 100 euro charge on you from nowhere.

I confirmed the price 3 times with my operator over the phone, so they will have the phone recording. The price was checked three times at 139 euros and no mention of it being a mistake or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

BUT

I was on the phone to them this morning and she said it was currently discounted to €139 from €239. They only had 10 pebble blue in stock.

Had to sort some details and ring back, then they were all sold. She's to ring me on Tuesday, hopefully the price stays at €139. Otherwise I'll likely be going with Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

What's the data connection like on Emobile.
    I've only been able to get EDGE (which is useless).

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Probably been asked a million times before, but...

If i order one of the free Nokias, can I get my o2 account changed to eMobile and pop the sim in my unlocked iPhone?

Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Johann. wrote: »
    Probably been asked a million times before, but...

If i order one of the free Nokias, can I get my o2 account changed to eMobile and pop the sim in my unlocked iPhone?

Regards.
    You need a micro sim for the iPhone but apart from that, yes it can be done no problem at all. (in theory)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

looder wrote: »
    You need a micro sim for the iPhone but apart from that, yes it can be done no problem at all. (in theory)

In theory is the key message!

I'll see what I can dig up. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Howzurbuttom

Hi
    I was thinkin of joinin up on this deal. wat is holding me back is the data connection or the 3g coverage.... i heard that emoblie coverage was not the best.

what are yer views on the coverage. Im From Killarney.....

yer help would be most appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Hi
    I was thinkin of joinin up on this deal. wat is holding me back is the data connection or the 3g coverage.... i heard that emoblie coverage was not the best.

I got over 5MB/s with mine today. Phone arrived today, it's all I could have hoped for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Put in an order for the galaxy 2 and received an email tonight that the phone has shipped but it says "Samsung I900S" ...what's that about??

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

Put in an order for the galaxy 2 and received an email tonight that the phone has shipped but it says "Samsung I900S" ...what's that about??

just looked at the box my s2 came in and it says I9100 S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

That's the model number of the S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Hi

Your best bet is to get a emobile/meteor (samething) prepay sim and test it where you live, work etc before you commit to an 18 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

polaris68 wrote: »
    Your best bet is to get a emobile/meteor (samething) prepay sim and test it where you live, work etc before you commit to an 18 month contract.

This link shows where masts are which might help.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Anyone get their first bill yet?any surprises?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Tried using my eircom AC no to get the offer, keep getting:

"Sorry this is not a valid voucher code, please try again. If you continue to have problems please call our team on 1800 283 091."

Then tried ordering over the phone, however I'm being told that the price is now €239 and that the €139 was a mistake on their system.

Anyone successful in getting the deal for €139 over the phone today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

anyone who got it for 139 will have an extra 100 billed to their account

innthe wrote: »

I got it for 139 and if they try bill for another 100, then they break the contract which leaves me with a cancellation option and a phone....I'll worry about it if it happens but as far as I'm concerned, I signed up for 139 and that's exactly what I got.

Cheers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Damie wrote: »
    I got it for 139 and if they try bill for another 100, then they break the contract which leaves me with a cancellation option and a phone....I'll worry about it if it happens but as far as I'm concerned, I signed up for 139 and that's exactly what I got.

Cheers....

Is it in the contract? Did you read it specifically pertaining to this potential debacle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

statement or opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Don't be so pessimistic. If they charge an extra 100 you can cancel, thats not the contract you agreed to. Problem solved.

du Maurier wrote: »
    Is it in the contract? Did you read it specifically pertaining to this potential debacle?

My contact states what I paid for the phone. Nothing anywhere about an extra 100 euro to be paid or charged. I'm on the phone right now to Customer Services so will let ye know what the official line is....

Update:

Just off the phone with Customer Services.

They CANNOT charge an extra 100 euro. When you pay for the phone, you do so by Debit/Credit card. They cannot add 100 Euro onto this, which is common sense tbf.

I asked if my next bill would have the extra charge included and she told me that it would not be possible to add this charge either.

I have asked to have it emailed for confirmation and she's working on that at the moment, I'll confirm again when I get the email.

Hopefully this puts people's minds to rest....

D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Daithi MacG

Hey, got the €34.50 offer!in the post this morning with two voucher codes but I lost one on the way to cork city to redeem it, just wondering if I can get a replacement voucher if I give my eircom account number? If not, does anyone have a spare voucher code which they won't be using? Thanks

Also wondering if I'll still get the sg3 for 139 on the phone? Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

wonder how much the sg3 is today? Anyone ring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Hey, got the €34.50 offer!in the post this morning with two voucher codes but I lost one on the way to cork city to redeem it, just wondering if I can get a replacement voucher if I give my eircom account number? If not, does anyone have a spare voucher code which they won't be using? Thanks

Also wondering if I'll still get the sg3 for 139 on the phone? Thanks :-)
    Did you just get random letter from Vodafone with offer in it? and vouchers included? or was it included in your phone bill????

Advertisement