Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I can confirm that the deal has been extended in stores in Limerick until the end of July, spoke to the manager inside in eMobile in the Crescent Shopping Centre earlier today.

I also just tried the eMobile site and it appears to still be taking voucher discounts.

Yup, still working!!:)

Phone & Accessories
    HTC One X HTC One X white

Today's Total €189.00
    Plan & Add-ons
    Select Unlimited - 18 months18 months
    Change

Monthly Total €34.50

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

In 18 months time, can we renew this deal and get another discounted phone.
    If not, it's not the greatest deal in the world really.
    Sure the €35 unlimited offer is good, but the 240 for the S3 phone really nulls that aspect.

Sure the €35 unlimited offer is good, but the 240 for the S3 phone really nulls that aspect.

It's the same as any other SP contract...upgrade available at contract end with whatever phones are available at the time!

And it is a smashing deal....€34.50 for UNLIMITED (essentially) everything!!!!

And a €600 phone for €240???? (I was very lucky to get it for €139! :rolleyes:)

What's not to like??:)

keredern wrote: »
    It's the same as any other SP contract...upgrade available at contract end with whatever phones are available at the time!

And it is a smashing deal....€34.50 for UNLIMITED (essentially) everything!!!!

And a €600 phone for €240???? (I was very lucky to get it for €139! :rolleyes:)

What's not to like??:)
    But will I be able to stay on the contract and get another discounted phone in 18 months?

But will I be able to stay on the contract and get another discounted phone in 18 months?

The discount is for life, so as long as you stay with eMobile, you will pay €34.50.

And yes you will get another phone as stated!!:)

• Advertisement

The discount is for life, so as long as you stay with eMobile, you will pay €34.50.

And yes you will get another phone as stated!!:)
    You make me happy:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I wouldn't go basing future plans for upgrades etc on what eMobile are telling people now. If you look back through this thread alone, they seem to be completely confused at to what they are doing now, never mind in 18 months time......I did get the deal, but paid a bloody fortune for a 4s, so please stop complaining about getting an S3 for €240:rolleyes:
    The deal is great, and if I can upgrade it would be great, but I wouldn't be planning for it. Things will change rapidly now, 3 were top dog, eMobile have cleaned up with this, and now Tescomobile come out with €35pm unlimited/unlimited/15Gb on a 30 day contract!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I'm coming out of contract with O2 in under a month and for giggles decided I'd call up and see how much the phone would cost with a gold upgrade on the same €45/18 month contract. They quoted me €329, exactly the same price as if I was signing up as a new customer. Dunno what Vodafone and Meteor are like by comparison but it's certainly a better deal all round if you're with O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

And yes you will get another phone as stated!!

I don't agree

If in 18 months time you get another subsidised phone, then you will be entering into another contract at whatever terms are available then. This plan may not be available then. However you can stay on this Plan indefinitely by not signing up to a new Contract.

It may not be the best deal in the world. What is? However it beats the socks off other unlimited deals on offer from other mobile operators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

While €35 a month is certainly a good deal now, it may be an expensive plan in 6 or 12 months time when prices come down. 18 months is a long contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

For those of you who bought online/phone, when it was being delivered did you get a text message that morning?

I was told mine would arrive yesterday or today and I'd get a text on the morning, but nothing yesterday and today I need to go out, but haven't had a text message.

dan185 wrote: »
    For those of you who bought online/phone, when it was being delivered did you get a text message that morning?

I was told mine would arrive yesterday or today and I'd get a text on the morning, but nothing yesterday and today I need to go out, but haven't had a text message.
    I didn't get any text message but wasn't told that I would get one either.

You could call the courier and get an estimated delivery time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

my wife and i both ordered friday evening

she got an email last night and a text this morning to say it would arrive before 1,

ive had nothing yet :mad:

Thanks guys.

Pj who was the delivery company?

Thanks guys.

Pj who was the delivery company?

DPD

Tesco really have trumped this offer. I think ill have to go for the better deal. Theyre on the O2 network and its only 30 contract. Who knows what things will be like in 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Tesco really have trumped this offer. I think ill have to go for the better deal. Theyre on the O2 network and its only 30 contract. Who knows what things will be like in 18 months.

they havent really, if you want a new phone you will have to go and pay 450 for an unlocked phone to use, so its an extra 2-250 on top

also no data roaming service

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79123538

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Tesco Data speeds are capped at 2mbps down and up.

And the discount of e.g. even €180 over the 18 months with Emobile on a decent phone takes their plan down to €25 a month. (if you are planning on getting a new phone of course :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Different strokes for different folks!

If you need a new phone this offer is much better. If your happy with your phone and don't want a contract tesco is better.

Depends on your requirements

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Cyrus wrote: »
    they havent really, if you want a new phone you will have to go and pay 450 for an unlocked phone to use, so its an extra 2-250 on top

also no data roaming service

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79123538

no data roaming is a joke.........in this day an age FFS:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 honeybea

Well I have a lovely phone.....no coverage and no internet....I'm a bit fed up with the whole thing ....think its time to cancel/change my mind before the 14 days are uo..anyone else having problems ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

At the minute rates for data roaming are bloody awful, the sooner someone comes on board and offers roaming as part of your bundled data the better. I am aware that 3 allow data roaming on other 3 networks ok, but Ive tried 3 before and I'll never go there again.

Did anyone that was due to get a delivery today not get one??

I was told yesterday or today, I phoned up today and they said it hadn't been dispatched yet. It might be tomorrow, who knows. I won't be at home and will have to get the couriers to deliver to work instead. All of this I have to sort myself.

I've seen some poor customer service from vodafone, emobile haven't started the greatest either.

Did anyone that was due to get a delivery today not get one??

I was told yesterday or today, I phoned up today and they said it hadn't been dispatched yet. It might be tomorrow, who knows. I won't be at home and will have to get the couriers to deliver to work instead. All of this I have to sort myself.

I've seen some poor customer service from vodafone, emobile haven't started the greatest either.
    Mine was delivered today.
    I've been trying it out the last hour or so, yet to transfer my number over. But so far the data speed in my house is fairly dire:(
    Taking 30seconds to load up google...
    I haven't tried calls yet.
    This is so disappointing. I'll see how I get on tomorrow.
    I'm currently with 3 and get good reception and data in the house.
    Anyone know what the details of the 14 day cooling off period are.
    I checked their site and it says I have 7 days seeing as it was bought online and the phone cannot be activated, but that surely can't be right...

Anyone know what the details of the 14 day cooling off period are.
    I checked their site and it says I have 7 days seeing as it was bought online and the phone cannot be activated, but that surely can't be right...

You have 14 calendar days from when your billing period began to cancel. Just let them know and they will send out a 'jiffy pack' to send everything back.

But ive been using the s3. Will they still take it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Maybe just do a factory reset and send it back and see what happens....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Got my phone early this afternoon, looks great.
    But ive been using the s3. Will they still take it back?

Best to call up Customer Care and find out mate, I've a feeling if the phone box has been opened and the phone itself used they probably won't.

They will

• Advertisement

Pj! wrote: »
    They will
    What do they do with a used phone?

Advertisement