Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

Anyone else finding mobile data / 3G speeds quite poor?

I find both coverage in general (for voice calls) and 3G coverage much better than Vodafone in the 3 places I spend most of my time, Cork city (rented house and work) and at home in Co. Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BogManInc

Having terrible speeds in Galway cant even get 3G

BogManInc wrote: »

Which part of Galway, I had no problem in Galway city, perfect 3G reception and or at home in north co.Galway (not perfect but 2 or 3 bars of 3G in some of the house and reception for calls everywhere).

Also on a separate note I just saw my first bill online, I'm being charged 48 euro for "monthly charges", am I right in assuming this is because I joined mid-month and I am paying next months 34.50 along with the a percentage of last months for the number of days I used or should I be questioning it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Which part of Galway, I had no problem in Galway city, perfect 3G reception and or at home in north co.Galway (not perfect but 2 or 3 bars of 3G in some of the house and reception for calls everywhere).

Also on a separate note I just saw my first bill online, I'm being charged 48 euro for "monthly charges", am I right in assuming this is because I joined mid-month and I am paying next months 34.50 along with the a percentage of last months for the number of days I used or should I be questioning it?
    Probably was the fact that you signed mid month.

Have you ran any calls over a 1hr total duration? These would also add to your bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

BogManInc wrote: »

This is currently being discussed over on the eMobile thread. WCDMA only mode will keep it on 3G/H+.

• Advertisement

Pj! wrote: »
    Probably was the fact that you signed mid month.

Have you ran any calls over a 1hr total duration? These would also add to your bill.

No I don't but surely that makes no difference on an unlimited plan, I never saw a mention of any such stipulation anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Tested using speedtest.net app in Galway City (indoors) on H+ connection, downloading at 3.07Mbps and uploading 1.90 Mbps.

No I don't but surely that makes no difference on an unlimited plan, I never saw a mention of any such stipulation anywhere.

Either did I but it was mentioned earlier in this thread I think. It's something both Meteor and eMobile do. Customer Service confirmed it for me. If you go over 1hr in a phone call you will be charged extra.

If you hang up and call back you're fine. There are apps available that will notify you or even automatically hang up when approaching the hour mark.

Either did I but it was mentioned earlier in this thread I think. It's something both Meteor and eMobile do. Customer Service confirmed it for me. If you go over 1hr in a phone call you will be charged extra.

If you hang up and call back you're fine. There are apps available that will notify you or even automatically hang up when approaching the hour mark.

Thanks for the heads up, I would rarely if ever have a call that long anyway and surely they have to have this in the terms and conditions.

Also on my first question it is obviously an extra charge for the few days last month that I used, I wasnt thinking and I happened to have bargain alerts open while looking at my online account so asked the question before even thinking about it :o

Customer service also told me today that calling customer services (1905) is now no longer free as advertised and costs 15c.
    They told me people are "calling in just to chat with someone". :rolleyes:

Although they still have the 1800 number which I presume is free.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up, I would rarely if ever have a call that long anyway and surely they have to have this in the terms and conditions.

I looked for it on the site a couple of weeks ago and could find nothing but it must be there somewhere.
    As you say it's hardly 'Unlimited' if you have to hang up after an hour. I'd imagine that a lot of people will get caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Maybe it was me but I thought the €35 a month included VAT- anybody else under that illusion also???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Butterball wrote: »
    Maybe it was me but I thought the €35 a month included VAT- anybody else under that illusion also???
    It does as far as I know. Your first bill will look higher than normal because you're paying from the day you received your phone to the date of your first billing cycle (usually a couple of week) and then your first month in advance.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Customer service also told me today that calling customer services (1905) is now no longer free as advertised and costs 15c.
    They told me people are "calling in just to chat with someone". :rolleyes:

Although they still have the 1800 number which I presume is free.

Isn't 1905 customer service for meteor, normally if I've to ring eMobile customer care I normally ring 1901 and just say "eMobile" and I'm transferred to eMobile customer care.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Isn't 1905 customer service for meteor, normally if I've to ring eMobile customer care I normally ring 1901 and just say "eMobile" and I'm transferred to eMobile customer care.

You could be right. Just going by what a customer service rep told me. It wouldn't be the first time they were wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Did anyone get charged extra for the sgs3? My first bill has no mention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Cyrus wrote: »
    Did anyone get charged extra for the sgs3? My first bill has no mention
    Nope. Got a 'courtesy call' during thw week too and no mention either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Fairly pissed off I've paid an extra €100. People have ordered over the phone and got the blue one for €139.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fairly pissed off I've paid an extra €100. People have ordered over the phone and got the blue one for €139.

I thought you cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Just put an order through for the SGS III with no issue. When I added the voucher number at the end it didn't go up to 239 like it did previously. it remained at 139 so happy days and the monthly plan went down to 34.50.
    Now just to play the old waiting game for the first bill to see if 100 is added but I doubt its going to be as it didnt mention 239 anywhere through the purchase.

Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Cyrus wrote: »
    I thought you cancelled?
    No, I was going to. But it's only my house for some weird reason I haven't been able to get any mobile data. I just use wifi. It's weird. I can get it in other houses in the same estate....just not mine!
    The reception is decent enough too. The first day I tried it oddly enough it was awful. I'm fairly happy overall.
    I don't understand what after 30mins of netflix working perfect in the same location on mobile data it freezes the picture and won't update itself anymore. I only get sounds?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

Anyone know if calling your voicemail is included in the plan?

I'm guessing it is but couldn't see anything specific!

It is included, just checked my online Bill

I noticed i got charged for
    a 1890 call and an mms message though.
    Never use mms, when i tracked it down it looks like i sent one
    by accident when texting someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Says here you have until 30th september to redeem the voucher http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/eircom_exclusive_offer_T&Cs.pdf

Has anyone a spare they could PM me?

Just call them or go in store.
    Chances are that you won't need anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Just placed an order for an S3 on the above deal. I was able to get the phone for €139 but was asked for a €300 security deposit. It's pretty steep but I have never been an e-mobile or Eircom customer so I guess it's reasonable. Anyway, it's fully refundable after my 6th bill so I'm happy enough with that. The deal seems to good to pass up in fairness. Hoping to get my new SIII on Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

friendface wrote: »
    Just placed an order for an S3 on the above deal. I was able to get the phone for €139 but was asked for a €300 security deposit. It's pretty steep but I have never been an e-mobile or Eircom customer so I guess it's reasonable. Anyway, it's fully refundable after my 6th bill so I'm happy enough with that. The deal seems to good to pass up in fairness. Hoping to get my new SIII on Monday :D

Did you get it online or instore?

Rega wrote: »
    Did you get it online or instore?

Ordered over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

friendface wrote: »
    Ordered over the phone.

Cheers. Been trying to decide whether or not to get this. Only a few days left to decide. :)

Rega wrote: »
    Cheers. Been trying to decide whether or not to get this. Only a few days left to decide. :)

Yeah, I only found out about the offer as I was signing up for eircom broadband in our rented accommodation (I was previously with 3). Seems like an amazing deal as long as their aren't any hidden fees or charges I don't know about.

I was previously on an 18 month contract with Meteor and was happy with their service up until my contract expired. Seemed their was no effort to retain customers, I was offered an 'upgrade' which amounted to a deal which was worse than what was available to new customers on their website. I switched to 3 but their service and customer support have been appalling. I was constantly getting switched to roaming service and losing my data connection.

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Out of interest did anyone get stung for the extra 100 euro for the SIII. Third bill done and dusted and no sign of it :)

Advertisement