Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

It's a long thread but there are people in here who have rang back after a rejection and got accepted.

I also know three people who signed up and never had to give a voucher. Just keep trying but at least try and sound like you're not trying to catch them out.
    Ring and ask is the offer still available. Ask can you use your parents code (they'll say yes). Ask how long will it take to get the phone. Then say the delay isn't ideal so ask can you at least order it now and pass the code along when you get back to your parents in a couple of days.

Just keep trying anyway. Or just ask an Eircom friend for their code.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭terencemc

Just to confirm its 139 for the s3 and then 34.50 a month after ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

terencemc wrote: »
    Just to confirm its 139 for the s3 and then 34.50 a month after ?
    The S3 was €239 on this offer. Some managed to get it for €139 thanks to a glitch in emobile's system but you're not guaranteed that. In fact it's pretty unlikely you'd get it for €139 now assuming they even still do the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 redhand07

hey, if anyone has a voucher code would they please PM it to me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭terencemc

me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

terencemc wrote: »
    me too!

As been said before in this thread, the voucher codes are peoples eircom account numbers so I doubt folks want to hand over their account info. Ring up like a lot of people have done and chance your arm. If you get the right salesperson they may believe you qualify for the offer or they might not ask at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I have a similar deal on Meteor but my contract expired. I asked a guy in an emobile store if he could match it but he said they have their own friends and family deal (it was this offer) and he said he would give it to me and didn't even ask me for a code. No hassle at all. Seems to me you can wander into any emobile store and avail of this.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Dunno about the rest of the country but in douglas Cork we got a flyer with the offer and a voucher code.

No mention of being an eircom customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 redhand07

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Dunno about the rest of the country but in douglas Cork we got a flyer with the offer and a voucher code.

do you still have the code?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

redhand07 wrote: »
    mik_da_man wrote: »

do you still have the code?

Yep but I'm probably gonna use it.
    If not its yours.

I reckon it will apply to more stores soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

I actually got the deal without the voucher, just rang up gave my parents account number. He asked did i get the voucher i said yes but i didn't have it in my possession and he said ok. Also he told me that the s3 was 239 but when i said that i knew people had got the blue one for 139 he agreed to give it to me for €139!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I also got this deal without an account number/voucher code. I just rang and said my friend recommended the deal to me. The guy was very helpful and it took about 25 mins for everything to be done. Needed I.D and account details. I also got the courtesy call about a week after the phone arrived.

Unfortunately I cracked my screen after a week. I'm a dumb dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Got the voucher. Undecided now, I'm not really interested in any phones out right now, but it seems like too good to let get offer regarding the price plan :S

Its either stay with Meteor and get my upgrade in Autumn when the phone I want might come out or go with eMobile now :S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Got the voucher. Undecided now, I'm not really interested in any phones out right now, but it seems like too good to let get offer regarding the price plan :S
    Tesco Mobile is similar deal with no commitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Maybe think about selling on adverts in a few months? Pick up the phone you want SIM free when it comes out? ;)

Most likely the phone you want will come out a few months before the networks get it.

Its either stay with Meteor and get my upgrade in Autumn when the phone I want might come out or go with eMobile now :S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Maybe think about selling on adverts in a few months? Pick up the phone you want SIM free when it comes out? ;)

Most likely the phone you want will come out a few months before the networks get it.

Yeah but then everyone loses free calls and texts to me too :( so good bit of thinking to do. I don't need a phone. Just want the plan :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Was wondering if somebody on this eMobile deal could help me out with something. It wouldn't take long.

Download the Daily Mail app from the app store (if you don't have it).
    Now turn off WiFi (if you had it on) and use mobile internet to sync the app.

The problem I am having is that the app doesn't sync up to date on mobile internet. It gives the same old stories each time (from May). It will even overwrite new stories If I have recently synced over WiFi. I've had this issue with two phones since joining eMobile.
    I wouldn't have thought that the network would be at fault but my OH is having the exact same issue since joining eMobile. Same stories loading for her.
    Would be interesting to hear if others have the same problem.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

AstraOwner wrote: »
    Was wondering if somebody on this eMobile deal could help me out with something. It wouldn't take long.

The problem I am having is that the app doesn't sync up to date on mobile internet. It gives the same old stories each time (from May). It will even overwrite new stories If I have recently synced over WiFi. I've had this issue with two phones since joining eMobile.
    I wouldn't have thought that the network would be at fault but my OH is having the exact same issue since joining eMobile. Same stories loading for her.

Thanks.

Me too, very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 18 king egor

Thanks.

Same thing happens me. Also happens with sky sports news app. Anybody i know on meteor or emobile who has an android has the same problem. Doesnt happen on iphone.

I contacted emobile on twitter and was told to try a few things but none of them worked. I was then told to bring the phone into an emobile shop for them to investigate but i just havnt had the time lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

No help to you I know, but I have the exact same issue.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Thanks!

I've put a post in the official eMobile section. Could others post in there if they are having the same issues? Might help our cause.

Click here for the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

How long has porting your old number over to emobile taken some of you? I got my phone today and thinking on doing it tomorrow but if it takes longer on weekends I don't want to be without my phone so would rather know first :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    How long has porting your old number over to emobile taken some of you? I got my phone today and thinking on doing it tomorrow but if it takes longer on weekends I don't want to be without my phone so would rather know first :/

They say it can take up to 72 hours I think

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It was a matter of hours for my wife - over a week for me because the porting systems at both ends were buggered at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

anyone know what the coverage is like in Sandyford,,, specifically sandyford village :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Davie89 wrote: »
    anyone know what the coverage is like in Sandyford,,, specifically sandyford village :)

I don't think this can be said enough times, get yourself a sim card from Emobile or Meteor and test out the network yourself, one persons good reception might be crap in their next door neighbours.

For example my 3g is not too bad at the front of my kitchen on the right of the house and can be quite fast if left near the window(3g does not penetrate buildings well) but go to the left front and it's rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

loopymum wrote: »
    Davie89 wrote: »

I don't think this can be said enough times, get yourself a sim card from Emobile or Meteor and test out the network yourself, one persons good reception might be crap in their next door neighbours.

For example my 3g is not too bad at the front of my kitchen on the right of the house and can be quite fast if left near the window(3g does not penetrate buildings well) but go to the left front and it's

Actually I got this deal three months ago and am living in cork. I now find myself in a position where I have to move to Dublin and am looking in the sandyford region, hence why I am asking does anyone have any experience of coverage in this area

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

They ported mine over within 5 minutes - couldn't believe it, I was delighted!
    Adamcp898 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭thebackbar

hi folks,
    i availed of this great offer circa two months, Im very happy with everything so far. However if you are going abroad don't forget to enable roaming prior to your departure. It will save you the headache of having to ring emobile to enable it when you arrive and discover that your phone isnt working.

Apologies for going off topic here.

thebackbar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just to add to thebackbar's post.
    I believe roaming requires a 60 EUR deposit.

Also, to make int'l calls you'll to get int'l calling enabled.
    Another 60 EUR deposit required.

BN

Advertisement