Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭thebrendanr1

I went into my local emobile shop in New Ross yesterday to avail of this offer and i was told that i needed a voucher so i decided to be sneaky and ring up their sales line and see what happens and well I got the deal. I was however told that the €100 euro extra for the gs3 after paying €139. the girl I was talking to was really helpful and i was told to ask for her anytime i have a problem. my phone is meant to be coming tuesday but it has to be delivered to my mams work place due to me working in a field :rolleyes: so far its looking good lets hope it will stay this way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Has the cost of this plan without the discount code gone way down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

ballooba wrote: »
    Has the cost of this plan without the discount code gone way down?

Showing as 64 euro on there site? What was it originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

anyone still looking for this deal, EMobile store in Tallaght have plenty of vouchers left, just pop in store, you dont need to be an Eircom customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

I rang them Monday night with my parents phone number and signed up for the deal. Ordered the S2 for €139. Will hopefully be here today

• Advertisement

Have the deal a few months now and over all Im happy with it. Coverage is good and its brilliant not having to worry about running out of minutes or watching data usage closely.

The one draw back of being with emobile for me and its something I didn't realise until after Id signed up is the lack of international webtexts, especially as I have family members abroad who I text regularly. It would have by no means been a deal breaker though. Anyone hear any talk of them introducing international webtexts surely its costs them nothing as all the other networks dont care and its very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

can you not get whoever you cant text to download whatsapp?

daytob wrote: »

Neither of the people I text mostly have smartphones.

I've been using another family members vodafone webtexts mostly to get around it but its annoying always having to say "its Kevin Hundreds Crosswalk using "x's" phone again" as its obviously the other persons number that comes up on the phone, they then cant just hit reply either which Im sure is a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

daytob wrote: »

Viber also works, but I use twitter as you can send pictures. Facebook messenger is handy for longer messages.

All of course need the other person to have access to wi-fi at their end.

Am with e-mobile myself on their unlimited offer and as another poster said
    it is so handy not having to worry about data usage. I listen to a lot of internet radio while walking the dog and have no problem with coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Tradnuts

Can people give me their experiences with E-Mobile coverage?

I signed up with them about 3 months ago using this plan, the 3G is poor at best for me.
    Even in the city centre where i work, and on the bus etc I often have E and not 3G. The standard cellular coverage is not too bad, but i often cannot use 3G while on the phone as the 3G drops when i make or receive a call.

I purchased the iphone 4S from emobile and i'm beginning to think that it might be faulty and maybe the coverage is not at fault. Its seems that everyday i have some 3G issue.

Also, when i switch off the wireless at home i often need to restart the phone before it picks up the 3G again, this is the main reason i think its the phone.

Any help/advise would be great,
    Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Tradnuts wrote: »
    Even in the city centre

What city would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Tradnuts

Sorry! Dublin......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Was getting H on the beach in Rush this morning while walking the dog, I was listening to talk sport via tune-in with out any problems. Get H most of the time here in Swords.

Does drop to 3g and E while in Newbridge house near Donabate which means the occasional buffer while listening to internet radio. I use a Samsung Xcover myself, emobile have a coverage map and I would imagine the city centre is pretty well covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Does anyone have a voucher code going spare?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

fitze69 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a voucher code going spare?

Try Tallaght eMobile shop!!

Lots there as per another poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

I'll try city centre shops, if anyone is out in tallaght let me know, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Know a few people wanting this offer but they can't get the HTC One S - anyone know if any emobile shops have any in stock still? Also, shops and emobile telephone service quoting €289 for the S3 on this offer :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 redhand07

will the iphone 5 be available with this offer?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

redhand07 wrote: »
    will the iphone 5 be available with this offer?

I'm sure it may well but expect handset to be priced @ more that €300 though, I know a girl that went into the eMobile store here in Waterford, they offered her this deal with a choice of either the iphone4 or the iphone4s

They wanted €150 for the 4, and €350 for the 4s, plus a deposite of €120 I think. When I availed of this offer last November, I think I paid €169 for the iphone 4s

Just got this deal in the ashbourne store. I asked did they need the voucher the girl there said no need. Another guy walked in to avail of the deal and got served by the other guy there and csa asked customer if he had a voucher code * customer said yep, csa said there is no need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Got this deal yesterday in emobile shop on Cruises St, Limerick. Needless to say it's great for work / chatting to the gf as no longer having to worry aout piling up the minutes.

It's early days though plus have moved from iPhone to Android (still getting to grips with it) so fingers crossed it goes well. Moved from O2 and so far coverage is far better with emobile - could well be the phones too (from 3gs to HTC One X).

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sunshimmer

Just called and got quoted €269. Gave it some thought and then stumbled across an article about the S4 release in Feb/March...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

was in the tallaght store today getting a second number added to my account and the chap had about a hundred vouchers there ,under pressure to shift them before the 30th ,said they will end up in the bin otherwise .

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

anuprising wrote: »
    was in the tallaght store today getting a second number added to my account and the chap had about a hundred vouchers there ,under pressure to shift them before the 30th ,said they will end up in the bin otherwise .

Are they actually physical vouchers that you get, or is he on commission to get people to just sign up and thats his incentive?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Are they actually physical vouchers that you get, or is he on commission to get people to just sign up and thats his incentive?

they were actual physical vouchers .said he cant even give them away in the square .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Does anyone know if there are any semi decent handsets for cheap on this plan ? The sales office is closed till Monday.

can get the sony xperia s for 80 euros
    12mp camera, 32gb storage

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s-4369.php

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tslattery

If anyone has a code, appreciate a PM
    Save a drive to tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

tslattery wrote: »
    If anyone has a code, appreciate a PM
    Save a drive to tallaght

Was in my local store (Meteor/eMobile newbridge) today and picked up a voucher -
    They had a stack of them on the counter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Itchyness

Did anyone who got this deal have to pay a deposit e.g. on the s3?

Advertisement