Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭terencemc

Anyone else care to give me their opinion on emobile's reception before I commit to the deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

cas2kx wrote: »
    Ordered the S3 :D now where best to get cheap but good phone insurance?

www.Chill.ie
    www.mobilecover.ie
    www.gadgetinsurance.ie

Just got quoted 139 for the s3...might ring again...

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Thats what it is if you can order online else its 149 instore.

I went with the one X @ 49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

terencemc wrote: »
    Anyone else care to give me their opinion on emobile's reception before I commit to the deal...

You'd need to ask your next door neighbour to get a useful response. When I was shopping around, I got a PAYG SIM from eMobile and Three to compare them, as Captain Morgan has suggested. As it turned out, Three was crap for me and eMobile was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Bit disappointed in quality of reception where I live (south Bray / Shankill) but overall not bad. Reception at home was definitly better with o2, but my bill's will be less than half what I was paying with o2, swings and roundabouts......

got the s3 for 89 online...lets hope the reception is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

For the people who have got the deal...what is their experience of emobile's reception per say when they are driving on a motorway across the country...have they experienced many dropped calls?

I went from Galway to Donegal yesterday, 4 hours on a bus. Didn't lose 3g once from Galway to Sligo with a usable 'E' signal in the mountains of Donegal. Fantastic service.

Got this offer the last day with eMobile, iPhone 5. Absolutely fantastic, can't fault it. Was a Three customer before but I have to say I'm extremely happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Switched to this from VF last week. Found the whole process very efficient. My phone was delivered to me at work, got a text from the courier in the morning giving an approximate time. Arrived on time. Porting took less than 30 minutes.

Coverage in Dublin is pretty good. Where I work it's a lot better than VF which has meant better battery life than I expected on the S3. Data speeds are considerably slower than VF but I'm paying a lot less so I'm ok with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Any one have a Code as my Father wont's to order a new phone

Thanks

With emobile myself for the last year and upgrade there on thursday to a iPhone 5 64GB 12 mouth deal and well say have never had a problem with them i find that only in college that i lose my reception but every network does in my college

samapple...you dont need a code if u go into the store...my friend got the s3 for 99 on henry st today walking into the shop without a code.
    if you're not in dublin ring the shop in advance as they are inconsistent with their deals.
    they said the offer lasts till the 11th in the shop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

samapple...you dont need a code if u go into the store...my friend got the s3 for 99 on henry st today walking into the shop without a code.
    if you're not in dublin ring the shop in advance as they are inconsistent with their deals.
    they said the offer lasts till the 11th in the shop...

Shop had no iPhone 5 16GB thats why i am looking for a code online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Jumpaddict

Why do people keep mentioning codes? There are none, some people got vouchers months ago, the rest just applied by phone or shop....

Reganovski wrote: »
    By doing it online and using my eircom number, managed to get the iPhone5 for €289, @ €34.50 a month for 18 months. Plus €130 deposit that you'll get back in your 7th bill.

I got it too!

Shop had no iPhone 5 16GB thats why i am looking for a code online.

I have one if you're looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Any update on your order? Did you get your phone next day?

Sorry forgot to let you know. Yeah I got it on the Thursday. So ordered on Sunday evening and received on the Thirsday. Not too bad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Jumpaddict wrote: »
    Why do people keep mentioning codes? There are none, some people got vouchers months ago, the rest just applied by phone or shop....

Not true, I know in Cork I got one in the letter box a few weeks back, and a lot of the shops were giving out flyers with codes that worked online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 aliise

dmcg90 , i'll take the code if the other person doesnt want it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I went into meteor yesterday in the square, Tallaght and tried to buy this. Not Iphone 5's but I can have a Galaxy S3 for €99.

No code needed just bill and ID. Went home and got the bill, came back, he photocopied it and then said "Oh, only got white ones left." :eek:

Offer finishes Monday and we get our next delivery Tuesday. Sorry, you cannot sign up and get one from the Tuesday delivery.

No thanks, went home again.

Might try online, anyone got a code for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I went into meteor yesterday in the square, Tallaght and tried to buy this. Not Iphone 5's but I can have a Galaxy S3 for €99.

No code needed just bill and ID. Went home and got the bill, came back, he photocopied it and then said "Oh, only got white ones left." :eek:

Offer finishes Monday and we get our next delivery Tuesday. Sorry, you cannot sign up and get one from the Tuesday delivery.

No thanks, went home again.

Might try online, anyone got a code for me?

You should have signed up and got the white one, left it unopened and exchanged it when they got the delivery in. Im sure they would have no problem doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

My eircom account number doesn't seem to be working as a voucher code to reduce the €64 to €34.50...

Anybody got any suggestions or a voucher I could use?

Thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Got the iPhone 5 32GB in Black for €389, 18 months @ €34.50, excellent deal!

Emailed off copies of my documents, can't wait to get my hands on it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Jumpaddict

My eircom account number doesn't seem to be working as a voucher code to reduce the €64 to €34.50...

Anybody got any suggestions or a voucher I could use?

Thanks
    Paul

Ring them...
    Johann. wrote: »
    Got the iPhone 5 32GB in Black for €389, 18 months @ €34.50, excellent deal!

Emailed off copies of my documents, can't wait to get my hands on it :)

389? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

389? :eek:

Just placed my order there! When you enter code the bill goes down to 34.50 but the handset increases by 50 quid! Still a good deal IMO so still ordered 16gb white!

I have to send in a utility bill but still live at home so don't have esb etc in my name. Would they accept tax credit certs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Contrary to what was said earlier I was told today the offer is due to run to the 11th.

Mind you, they also tried to charge me 149 for the Galaxy S III.
    Showed them this thread but they weren't for budging.

I was told the exact same...offer till the 11th and was getting charged 149...inconsistency is their middle name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I was told the exact same...offer till the 11th and was getting charged 149...inconsistency is their middle name

There was the implication that some stores were doing some dodgy discounting. :D

Advertisement