Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

@quad_red - they should really bend the rules alright. If you've only a few weeks left, surely it could be worth it in the long term anyway?

I presume you tried calling them?

EDIT: can you downgrade your current contract to the lowest tariff for the last few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

@quad_red - they should really bend the rules alright. If you've only a few weeks left, surely it could be worth it in the long term anyway?

I presume you tried calling them?

EDIT: can you downgrade your current contract to the lowest tariff for the last few weeks?

Can anyone confirm that this deal ends today ?
    I've heard the 11 th

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

I was told yesterday by sales rep in store that the deal was ending on the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

How good is the Emobile network in Dublin and around the Country?

Off the phone there speaking to a female rep and she said the deal was ending next week - so it looks like there is no clear deadline!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

The offer is great.

But the customer service is one of the worst around. Ring twice and you will get two different answers. Or very possibly no answer.

• Advertisement

jmadoyle wrote: »
    I was told yesterday by sales rep in store that the deal was ending on the 11th

That was the same source that told me - anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Meteor where going let me end my current contract by just under two months to upgrade with them.

Im sure Emobile would do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

I was told today there's a backlog with processing people's documents. Placed order on Saturday afternoon and sent off documents and have heard nothing yet - although it did say up to 5 working days.

They did however assure me that the iPhone was in stock as advertised on the website and that if it wasn't, it wouldn't show as in stock.

Not sure what to believe anymore!

Good to see you're happy with it captain, hope they get in contact with myself tomorrow, although wont hold my breath :-)

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Gonna give customer retention a call tomorrow.

Has anyone here managed to get an iPhone on this deal? Either 4S or 5? If so, how much?

Don't mind waiting a few weeks for the handset. My contract isn't up for another 3 weeks but would be nice to 'queue' this up to start straight after.

Yeah I got an iPhone 5 as a new customer. It was €289 for 16GB.

18 or 24 month contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

Is the network any good? heard data speeds can be slow

Apparently Customer Services were told it ends today, in store they were told it's tomorrow.

If anyone's interested they're open till 9 PM on 1800 283 091

quad_red wrote: »
    Gonna give customer retention a call tomorrow.

Has anyone here managed to get an iPhone on this deal? Either 4S or 5? If so, how much?

Don't mind waiting a few weeks for the handset. My contract isn't up for another 3 weeks but would be nice to 'queue' this up to start straight after.
    Got a 5, 32GB for €389.

long_b wrote: »
    Apparently Customer Services were told it ends today, in store they were told it's tomorrow.

If anyone's interested they're open till 9 PM on 1800 283 091

Called emobile twice today. But customer service told me I had to talk to the Customer Retention Team.

Which had technical issues this morning meaning I couldn't speak to them.

When I called after work today I was told the customer retention team finishes at five.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

M007 wrote: »
    Is the network any good? heard data speeds can be slow

It's slow - much slower than what I've been used to on Vodafone, but for a lot less. Data coverage seems to be more widespread than Three though. Swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I got the HTC One S about 3 or 4 months ago and wasn't charged €89 and I was told on the phone "you might get it for free".

Today I got charged on the account my direct debit comes out of for the €89.

Wondering if any of the S3 €139 brigade will see another charge....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Has anyone got any un-used voucher codes left?

I'm looking to buy online tonight if possible, before trying the sales team tomorrow

A question re the code.

My folks have an Eircom landline.

A. Could I use their code?

And

B. Where is it on the bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Very unhappy on this plan, its great for internet and calls but 90% of the time I cant get coverage. I was also missold an Xperia s with a guarantee it had gorilla glass, not a big thing but untruthful. I want to get out and don't know how can anyone help?

Toobz wrote: »
    Very unhappy on this plan, its great for internet and calls but 90% of the time I cant get coverage.

If you can't get coverage 90% of the time then there's something seriously wrong (unless you're in the middle of nowhere 90% of the time). Emobile/Meteor coverage is pretty decent (not up to O2/Vodafone standard but definitely better than 3).

Have you called customer support about the problem?
    I was also missold an Xperia s with a guarantee it had gorilla glass, not a big thing but untruthful.

It sucks but all sales guff should be treated with skepticism. Did ye not check the phone specs online before purchasing to make sure it was the handset for you?
    I want to get out and don't know how can anyone help?

If you've just started a long term contract then it's going to be nigh on impossible for you to break it without penalties.

Try asking the official reps on the eircom forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

quad_red wrote: »
    A question re the code.

My folks have an Eircom landline.

A. Could I use their code?

And

B. Where is it on the bill?
    Voucher code is their account number fella, may or may not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭machu

You don't need a code just ring them give your parents account no. and landline no. and have bank/passport details to hand and they will have you sorted in no time. They charged me 299 for the iphone 5 plus 130 deposit which i can get refunded after 4 months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Jumpaddict

I got the HTC One S about 3 or 4 months ago and wasn't charged €89 and I was told on the phone "you might get it for free".

No charge here anyway....

Side note...am I the only one that thinks 389 for the i5 on a 35pm, 18 month contract is horrendously bad value?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Jumpaddict

Well it works out cheaper to go for the emobile deal than payg....but 679 for the 16gb, I presume at least another 100 for the 32, crazy money imo

• Advertisement

Jumpaddict wrote: »

No charge here anyway....

Side note...am I the only one that thinks 389 for the i5 on a 35pm, 18 month contract is horrendously bad value?
    Worked it out for what I'd need it for and like captain found it to be a huge saving. I'm spending at least €20 credit a month, will be a huge saving for me, I have the iPhone 4 PAYG, have spent a lot over 2 years.

Plus, €779 for 32GB - wouldn't work out near as good value!

Advertisement