Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Do you have to be an Eircom customer to secure a voucher? I heard they were handing out vouchers in some stores a few weeks ago. Can they be obtained online?

I'm interested in getting the Note II today. What special offers do eMobile have? I'd probably go for an unlimited call and data bill pay bundle.

Much appreciate any help you can give me.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

You can sign up for the unlimited data plan for eircom customers is e39 a month, it is an open ended offer. Phone is 139
    No notes in stock until tomorrow week at the earliest outside of pre orders according to sales rep at emobile i chatted to this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

Hey just wondering if anyone who signed up for the select unlimited for €34.50 per month on an 18 month contract got something on their bill saying "50% discount for first 12 months" and what does this mean. There was no mention of the €34.50 being for 12 months only then going up for the last 6 months when I was signing up for it!!! Anyone else get the same or know what it is? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

zu wrote: »
    This promotion is no longer available

The Unlimited €32 per month, SIM only, 30 day contract offer has been extended: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsCallTextBrowse/?gid=48

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Floof Face wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if anyone who signed up for the select unlimited for €34.50 per month on an 18 month contract got something on their bill saying "50% discount for first 12 months" and what does this mean. There was no mention of the €34.50 being for 12 months only then going up for the last 6 months when I was signing up for it!!! Anyone else get the same or know what it is? :confused:

I remember this being mentioned before on a thread, can't find it now. But apparently its just worded wrong and will continue for the 18months or longer if you remain on the plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

BArra wrote: »
    im with them 4 or so months on this deal, i got a text about a month in to say that on the bill it will say 12months but this was an error and i was indeed on it for 18 months or for life as long as i stay with them

There you go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Chill people chill ... the terms and conditions say
    The Promotion will continue for Eligible Customers as long as they remain an eMobile customer on the Select Unlimited 18 Month Contract Bill Pay Plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Anyone get a bill for more than 34.50? Got billed 51.35, when I rang up they told me it was a deposit, didn't have confidence in the agent who said that considering she didn't even load my account. I rang again last night and they said the bill is pro-rata and is for 6weeks. Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

similar here,

they seem to align to a specific billing period (ie mid of the month?) but a full month is charged at 34.5
    W

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    Anyone get a bill for more than 34.50? Got billed 51.35, when I rang up they told me it was a deposit, didn't have confidence in the agent who said that considering she didn't even load my account. I rang again last night and they said the bill is pro-rata and is for 6weeks. Anyone else get this?

Got this too on my first bill, the sales guy explained it to me when I bought the phone. The first bill covers the period from your switchover date to your billing date plus one complete month, so depending on when you switched it could cover 6/7 weeks in total.

The second bill should be for €34.50 plus whatever out-of-package usage you have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭bewhiched

My. First bill was 42.00 think thats the norm for first bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

58 here, was told it was pro-rata billing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Just looking to get feedback on people who have signed up to emobile. I'm thinking of taking up the €32 Unlimited calls, texts and 15GB internet offer. If I did so with 15gb I'd consider cancelling my UPC broadband at home and tether the phone to the laptop (I'm presuming eMobile allow this?).

But obviously internet speed would be a concern. It would be great to be able to save €25 a month on UPC broadband but at the same time I don't want to end up with YouTube vidoes that take ages to buffer and play. I use the laptop/tablet mainly for just surfing, email and a few vids on Youtube so its important to me that its fast enough to do this.

Has anyone used the eMobile service to tether and is the service okay? Or frequently not up to the task ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

A woman rang me from e-mobile last night. I thought she was from customer service oohing for feedback. Then she said 'your entitled to an upgrade on your plan what phone would you like?'. I was every confused since I only got my iphone5 two weeks ago. I asked if I could get the s3 and she said yeah for 89 quid. I was thinking to myself I could just sell it on and make a quick buck. But I was still in a state of confusion and I asked is the 18 month contract on top of my own one I.e 36 months. She put me on hold and then said they had made an error and I wasn't due an upgrade. If only I played my cards right.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭terencemc

That would have been sweet!
    I was tethering in ranelagh last week to my laptop...downloaded a film of about a gig...I was getting speeds of 300-400kb/s...It streams youtube grand...My only complaint is that the reception is so dodgy...e.g.I was on the m50 on Friday and couldnt hear my sister on the phone...I never had problems with meteor on the m50...weird

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

terencemc wrote: »
    That would have been sweet!
    I was tethering in ranelagh last week to my laptop...downloaded a film of about a gig...I was getting speeds of 300-400kb/s...It streams youtube grand...My only complaint is that the reception is so dodgy...e.g.I was on the m50 on Friday and couldnt hear my sister on the phone...I never had problems with meteor on the m50...weird

I find the reception fantastic. I came from o2. I havnt had any breakups yet and regarding data, yesterday I got 4 Mbps download on iPhone and 2.8 upload... Unreal!!! Tv, YouTube etc, no problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

RATM wrote: »
    Just looking to get feedback on people who have signed up to emobile. I'm thinking of taking up the €32 Unlimited calls, texts and 15GB internet offer. If I did so with 15gb I'd consider cancelling my UPC broadband at home and tether the phone to the laptop (I'm presuming eMobile allow this?).

But obviously internet speed would be a concern. It would be great to be able to save €25 a month on UPC broadband but at the same time I don't want to end up with YouTube vidoes that take ages to buffer and play. I use the laptop/tablet mainly for just surfing, email and a few vids on Youtube so its important to me that its fast enough to do this.

Has anyone used the eMobile service to tether and is the service okay? Or frequently not up to the task ?

Tethering is allowed, get your self a meteor or emobile sim to test it out before committing, but it's only a maximum of3 30 days notice anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

I tried signing up for this sim only deal but they wanted a security deposit of €70. Yes you heard right. A deposit for a sim card. Even though I am already an Eircom customer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Yeah I'd to pay €300 get it back in 6 months so will do for my spending money for Barbados whoo hoo!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

radiofreak wrote: »

I tried signing up for this sim only deal but they wanted a security deposit of €70. Yes you heard right. A deposit for a sim card. Even though I am already an Eircom customer. :(

Thanks for telling me that, at least I'm prepared for it now ! €70 is some hit but at least they give it back after 6 months.

Has anyone done what I'm planning to do and been satisified with the speed of internet when tethering that they cancelled their home connection and just used the emobile for internet on the go and also tethered to a laptop/tablet at home.
    I'll be taking advantage of the 7 day trial period to check the speeds at home as obviously this is a variable but just looking to see if others have found it quick enough to warrant uninstalling their home broadband. Would save me €25 a month which is sweet :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

depends where you are for people to comment tbh. if you live outside a city the speeds could be different.
    just avail of the trial 7 days and see where you go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

radiofreak wrote: »

Thanks for telling me that, at least I'm prepared for it now ! €70 is some hit but at least they give it back after 6 months.

Has anyone done what I'm planning to do and been satisified with the speed of internet when tethering that they cancelled their home connection and just used the emobile for internet on the go and also tethered to a laptop/tablet at home.
    I'll be taking advantage of the 7 day trial period to check the speeds at home as obviously this is a variable but just looking to see if others have found it quick enough to warrant uninstalling their home broadband. Would save me €25 a month which is sweet :cool:

I did this for a while but found the phone needed to be constantly on charge with wireless access point and it's hard on the battery.
    You probably know this but 3g is not great at penetrating walls so I found leaving mine at a certain side of the house was optimum, really making the phone a pain in the ass if you want to use it. Also it might switch to 2g while on a call, making it a pain if you are browsing on the laptop at the same time.

Try it, if it was just me in my household it would be fine but OH and kids wanted internet access when I'm not here as well so I would have had to leave the phone or take it with me and leave them without access.

Meteor had an in-store only offer that if you signed up instore on a 30 day sim only plan you could get 20gb for a month and that is what we got to go along with my emobile plan.

I do still tether if I have used a lot of the 20gb meteor data.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Just wondering if tethering is allowed on this plan - the unlimited one with emobile?

Haven't tried it yet as I don't want to get hit with a huge bill if it's outside the T&C's of the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Moyglish wrote: »
    Just wondering if tethering is allowed on this plan - the unlimited one with emobile?

Haven't tried it yet as I don't want to get hit with a huge bill if it's outside the T&C's of the contract?

I dont get why it wouldnt be but maybe I am missing something? Surely tethering is just a method of using your data?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I know that some networks don't allow tethering on their plans and they charge you extra for it. Just not sure about emobile though...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yes tethering is allowed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Lash_Alert wrote: »

I dont get why it wouldnt be but maybe I am missing something? Surely tethering is just a method of using your data?
    You'd think that but most American networks charge extra for it. Luckily, the networks here have a bit more cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I got the HTC One S about 3 or 4 months ago and wasn't charged €89 and I was told on the phone "you might get it for free".

Today I got charged on the account my direct debit comes out of for the €89.

It would seem many posters on this thread may have been affected by an emobile screw-up like podgeandrodge. I've started a thread regarding uninvoiced & non notified emobile direct debits here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056811041

Advertisement