Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Hi all
    another confused customer here - my first bill was over 34.50, no prob...but so is my second bill, which includes the following charge;

"HTC One X Black Eircom Consumer" €8.1301 ...what the hell is this about? It appears I'm being double charged for the handset. Anyone else getting a similar charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Hi All, Is this still available?
    The eircom a/c number doesn't work. Do any of the shops still have a voucher i can use?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BogManInc

Seeing as a a lot of people who took up this offer will now becoming to the end of their contract, just wondering what the upgrade offers they're offering are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

same deal is going for a 30 day contract. check out their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

I assume you can just continue with your Unlimited bill for the same price and get the phone at whatever price its going for on that package.

Ideally I want to get a 12 month contract rather than an 18 month and pay the 5er extra month or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭bewhiched

I'm one love to know too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

if you are a non eircom customer I was told you can expect to pay more for your upgrade, just dont change your contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

Looking forward to seeing how the upgrades work out. I'm not due mine till the end of December but I won't be changing this contract. Great value and the 15gb is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'm due for upgrade in December & I spoke to Customer Service who told me they would allow me to upgrade early in November.

Looks like €219 for new iPhone 5S 16gb model, not bad, according to the website.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I'm due for upgrade in December & I spoke to Customer Service who told me they would allow me to upgrade early in November.

Looks like €219 for new iPhone 5S 16gb model, not bad, according to the website.

Cant see that price staying at that for those of us on the €34.50 plan tbh

• Advertisement

I'm out of my contract on my 4s since may, enquired about upgrading to 5 back in June and they wanted €349 from me because I was on this plan, can only imagine it will be something similar with this 5s tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Tradnuts

That seems pretty sweet for the 5S.
    Customer service yesterday told me that even though Dec 15th is when my contract is up, they'd be happy to sign me up now.
    I'd say they just don't want to loose any customers, so they're looking to sign people up before they contemplate leaving.

Spoke to a guy in eMobile sales this morning, he confirmed that I could upgrade on existing tariff (34.50p/m) but as of 10am this morning, there wasn't an upgrade price on the system. He hinted that it could possibly be a simuliar price to that of the iPhone 5 on that launch day, he said that was €289 for the 16gb version but he wasn't certain

I would imagine we would have to migrate over to one of the specific 4g plans as that's what all current no 4g plans customers have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If somebody is telling you that you can keep your current plan and upgrade get it in writing off them before you confirm as I think your correct that you will have to move to the new plans if your upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

From my discussion with Customer Service - if you're "in contract" it's only possible to upgrade to a 4G plan by upgrading to a "more expensive plan".

Now, I was told, that the plan I was on is deemed a 70 euro pm plan (even though we're only paying half of that).
    As that cost is more per month than the new 4G plans I was told I couldn't upgrade as I wouldn't be "moving up to a more expensive plan".

If anyone has heard different I'd be delighted to hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

I'm due an upgrade like many here.
    So the options I have are to stick on my current plan and get an upgrade but it looks like this would tie me into a 24month contract.
    I've asked to get an early upgrade as a 'customer loyalty' thingy but they refused to give me anything earlier than the middle of November. I was willing to sign up there and then for the Note3 with €199 for the phone, I had the card out ready to sign and got the thumbs down.
    Then I checked the other options such as the 4G plans, €24pm for 6 months and €39 for the following 18 months. Also the option of €24 on the 30 day sim only contract.
    There's no way in hell I will take on a 24 month contract now, no matter what deal it is, way to restrictive for the impulsive sort. So because they won't give me an early upgrade, its onto the 30 day sim free option for 24pm and I'll get the Nexus5 when it arrives, it works out cheaper for me this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Yeah I'm almost certainly going to go the way of Nexus 5 + 30day contract with someone, maybe not eMobile..

I'm just not sure they'll give me the upgrade I'm after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'm sure we will keep each other updated in this thread on what upgrades we get offered.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm almost certainly going to go the way of Nexus 5 + 30day contract with someone, maybe not eMobile..

I'm just not sure they'll give me the upgrade I'm after.

There are other similar offers (Tesco,48,3)for the 20pm threshold but they don't offer 4g, which the emobile offer includes, although its only 5gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Great to see this thread continue. I too am nearing the end of the 18 month contract and wondering what to do. I'll keep an eye on this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Cant believe its been nearly 18 months since I got onto this! When upgrade time comes I think ill be jumping to the 30 day sim.

Just on to an operator on web chat

My current contract is up in April 2014.

I can upgrade my price plan to the 54 euro/pm 4G plan WITHOUT extending my contract.
    She said this was because it was just a price plan change.

The only plan I can upgrade to is the Select Unlimited 24 months plus
    http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsCallTextBrowse/?gid=136

Also, she confirmed that, although 4G data is unlimited, when you drop back to 3G then any data used comes out of your monthly allowance.
    Might be something to consider for heavy data users.

long_b wrote: »
    Just on to an operator on web chat

My current contract is up in April 2014.

I can upgrade my price plan to the 54 euro/pm 4G plan WITHOUT extending my contract.
    She said this was because it was just a price plan change.

The only plan I can upgrade to is the Select Unlimited 24 months plus
    http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsCallTextBrowse/?gid=136

Also, she confirmed that, although 4G data is unlimited, when you drop back to 3G then any data used comes out of your monthly allowance.
    Might be something to consider for heavy data users.
    54pm? What bells and whistles does that offer?

bidiots wrote: »
    54pm? What bells and whistles does that offer?

See link
    Unlimited calls
    Unlimited texts
    5GB data (when you're not on 4G)
    And the unlimited 4G data till March

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Given that they haven't cracked 3G yet how is this relevant?

Oh, I see now, that's a non customer offer. The 48 offer that's similar, costs 20 a month.... just a heads up(theyre not that strict on age tbf)

• Advertisement

Got the upgrade price confirmed this morning, 18 month contract, and €34.50 p/m the 16gb 5S is €329.

Advertisement