Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I was on this deal and kept pestering them into giving me an early upgrade because of a problem with my handset.

I got it 2 weeks ago but instead of keeping the same contract I went for the €40 a month one for unlimited calls, texts and 5gb of Internet. This meant I could get the Note 3 for €199 on a 24 month contract. If I had stayed on the €34.50 deal the phone would have cost €349.

Just a heads up for people who want their phone a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I was on this deal and kept pestering them into giving me an early upgrade because of a problem with my handset.

I got it 2 weeks ago but instead of keeping the same contract I went for the €40 a month one for unlimited calls, texts and 5gb of Internet. This meant I could get the Note 3 for €199 on a 24 month contract. If I had stayed on the €34.50 deal the phone would have cost €349.

Would you consider that a good deal? Over the 2 years you save 30 euro and drop from a 15gb to a 5gb allowance.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I don't think that's a better deal but if it suits you to save money on the upfront cost of the phone then it's better for you.

As a matter of interest, what was the contract length if you upgraded on the existing €34.50 plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I don't think that's a better deal but if it suits you to save money on the upfront cost of the phone then it's better for you.

As a matter of interest, what was the contract length if you upgraded on the existing €34.50 plan?

I think they're all based on 18 month length

• Advertisement

polaris68 wrote: »
    Would you consider that a good deal? Over the 2 years you save 30 euro and drop from a 15gb to a 5gb allowance.?

I never came close to using even 5gb as I am always on wifi connections so that doesn't bother me too much.

I got the phone for free too because I sold an s3 for €250 after buying the Note 3 for €199. I'm very happy with the contract anyway, especially considering what they offer with the €34.50 deal should be €70.

I'm not sure to be honest, I think it was an 18 month contract.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well I upgraded to the 5S yesterday on this plan, cost me €329 but I kept my €34.50 deal and it's an 18 month contract. I offset the cost be selling my wife's iPhone 4, I got €220 for that, it was in mint condition, and I have her my 4S so she's happy with that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Got the upgrade price confirmed this morning, 18 month contract, and €34.50 p/m the 16gb 5S is €329.

what plan is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

friends and family discount, this entire thread was started about it

its not available anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Well I upgraded to the 5S yesterday on this plan, cost me €329 but I kept my €34.50 deal and it's an 18 month contract. I offset the cost be selling my wife's iPhone 4, I got €220 for that, it was in mint condition, and I have her my 4S so she's happy with that too.

Due an upgrade soon enough on this plan, am I correct in thinking (from what I've read here) that because we're on this discounted plan; we pay more for our 'upgrades' than those on other plans. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

So is anyone getting early upgrades ? Mine isn't officially due til early Jan

Yep, we are charged an extra €100, but in return we get the benefit of a 18 month contract rather than 24months along with the discounted unlimited plan of €34.50 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Yep, we are charged an extra €100, but in return we get the benefit of a 18 month contract rather than 24months along with the discounted unlimited plan of €34.50 per month.

Is that unlimited 4G data or just 3G?
    (Obviously the 4G is unlimited until March)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

The contract is for 3g so I doubt they will offer 4g with it, happily corrected though.

im on the 34.50 plan for the past 17 months, i upgraded in store a couple of days ago, i had to ring emobile cust care while in store and ask them nicely to push the upgrade through a month early which they did for me

i got the htc one for 229, it would be 219 if you did it online

if you are on the 34.50 plan and upgrade then you go by the select 500 pricing for phones

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

BArra wrote: »
    im on the 34.50 plan for the past 17 months, i upgraded in store a couple of days ago, i had to ring emobile cust care while in store and ask them nicely to push the upgrade through a month early which they did for me

i got the htc one for 229, it would be 219 if you did it online

if you are on the 34.50 plan and upgrade then you go by the select 500 pricing for phones

I thought it was select 400?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So...is not offering a means of getting 4g on this plan some sort of effort to slowly get people off the plan? Not going to work when they charge 5 euro extra for a 66% drop in data allowance, I'll stick with 3g.

its select 500

is there any catch with moving from the friends and family €34.50 plan to the sim only €32 a month plan (other than not being able to get a discounted phone)?

• Advertisement

No catch what so ever, just remember you won't be able to get back on to the €34.50 deal again thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

is there any catch with moving from the friends and family €34.50 plan to the sim only €32 a month plan (other than not being able to get a discounted phone)?
    Doesn't the €32 sim only plan only give you 5GB of data while the €34.50 plan gives you 15 GB of data?

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Doesn't the €32 sim only plan only give you 5GB of data while the €34.50 plan gives you 15 GB of data?

well it states 15gb on the main plans page. in the actual sim only page it has a symbol of 5gb but still states 15gb beside it.

I think it has always been 15gb to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Surely the 24 pm is better?

bidiots wrote: »
    Surely the 24 pm is better?

Which plan is that? Is that not the one where you need eircom landline and broadband? I have neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

So how easy/difficult is it to get an upgrade on the 34.50 plan?

My 4s is on it's last legs. Haven't been able to use wifi since September and needs to be charged 3 times a day.

Already tried explaining this up customer service on the phone and was told they wouldn't offer me an upgrade until early December if I'm lucky. I'm at my wits end with this phone. Need it for work and having to constantly worry about battery drain isn't helping things.

Wifi issue is strange, have you had anyone look at the phone for you, regarding the battery, I to was having problems with the battery but I got a new one put in and restored the phone after that and it's perfect again.

Regarding an early upgrade from eMobile, you'll be doing well there to be honest, very strict upgrade policy they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Wifi issue is strange, have you had anyone look at the phone for you, regarding the battery, I to was having problems with the battery but I got a new one put in and restored the phone after that and it's perfect again.

Regarding an early upgrade from eMobile, you'll be doing well there to be honest, very strict upgrade policy they have.

The phone overheats constantly. I think this is the cause of the wifi issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BogManInc

Are the prices we pay for upgraded handsets the same as for new customers or does anyone know if we get a better price being current customers upgrading for another 18 months or so?

Anyone get any upgrade recently, if so what did you get and how much did you pay?

• Advertisement

this is the price that we pay to upgrade, this tariff is no longer available to new customers

Advertisement