Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭bewhiched

I wonder what. Phone there offering I wonder could u get the galaxy 4 On this if so how much extra????

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If you are currently on this plan then you are entitled to stay on this plan, regarding upgrade prices on this plan, I think someone mentioned earlier that our upgrade prices are the same of the prices emobile have selected for the select 500 plan.

Edit: the S4 seems to be coming in at €269 on the select 500 plan on their website, so that would be €279 in store, that's probably what it would cost to remain on out current plan with an 18month contract.

That's ok I think isn't it iv a Sony experia S and love it but with most androids the battery isn't great!! Think I'm dus an up grade in march I like the look of the Samsung 4 quote="Aquos76;87351384"]If you are currently on this plan then you are entitled to stay on this plan, regarding upgrade prices on this plan, I think someone mentioned earlier that our upgrade prices are the same of the prices emobile have selected for the select 500 plan.

Edit: the S4 seems to be coming in at €269 on the select 500 plan on their website, so that would be €279 in store, that's probably what it would cost to remain on out current plan with an 18month contract.[/quote]

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

eMobile confirmed €319 for an iPhone 5S 16GB on this deal.

whiterebel wrote: »

Must check for sure when I'm due an upgrade!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I managed to get an early upgrade. I think it was only honoured as some CS rep a few months ago thought it appropriate to offer when I inquired. When I got back to them about it, they were somewhat difficult about it, but I had email proof so it was accepted. They do seem quite strict on it.

I was on the 34.50 plan which I liked, but wanted the upgrade and 4G so had to move to that plan.

After numerous botch ups to get it all in order (sim issues with 4G, 2-week delay in the phone deliver, poor/confused CS etc) I am now on the 24 euro for 6 months and 39 thereafter for 2 years. As a result of the delay for the handset they offered to discount 50 euro which is fair enough.

Oh yeah, my upgraded handset was an S4. Paid 89 euro for it.

whiterebel wrote: »

Is that the online price or the instore price as I paid €329 for my upgrade to the 5S and a friend of mine was quoted €329 instore also yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just wondering, for those of you who had the original €34.50 plan and are upgrading and saying you chose to stay on the same plan, does that mean you're getting another 18 months at €34.50 or is it reverting to the full €70 pm?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Just wondering, for those of you who had the original €34.50 plan and are upgrading and saying you chose to stay on the same plan, does that mean you're getting another 18 months at €34.50 or is it reverting to the full €70 pm?

New 18 month contract on same price of €34.50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Well the 34.50 deal said you can stay on it for life as long as you don't change plan
    I upgraded a few weeks ago I'll have to keep an eye on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Aquos76 wrote: »
    New 18 month contract on same price of €34.50
    BArra wrote: »
    Well the 34.50 deal said you can stay on it for life as long as you don't change plan
    I upgraded a few weeks ago I'll have to keep an eye on it

That's good to know, for some reason I had it in my head that at some point it would go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Unless you really need the unlimited data option, I think people should look into the 30day sim only option for 24pm. It will be 5gig of data on 4G. For me, its a no brainer. Bought the Nexus 5 and will move to this plan once my contract is up. Just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

How much per month is it to upgrade to the 4g plan? Very happy with the 34.50 package as it is.. anyone have experience with the 4g service? is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

The phone overheats constantly. I think this is the cause of the wifi issue.

Back up the phone and do a DFU restore. (Google it if you don't know how to).

iPhone shouldn't overheat. If that doesn't work then call apple, they'll replace it under warranty if it's a valid issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

bidiots wrote: »
    Unless you really need the unlimited data option, I think people should look into the 30day sim only option for 24pm. It will be 5gig of data on 4G. For me, its a no brainer. Bought the Nexus 5 and will move to this plan once my contract is up. Just a heads up.

I tried to sign up on the website for this but every time I got to the last page it gave ab error and start again. Did you get it to work. Also is it a requirement to have a landline account associated with it? I tried both and same error

SQ2 wrote: »
    How much per month is it to upgrade to the 4g plan? Very happy with the 34.50 package as it is.. anyone have experience with the 4g service? is it worth it?

As I posted earlier, the cheapest plan I can get for an upgrade and 4G is 24 euro for the first 6 months and then 39 for the remaining 18. That's coming from the 34.50 contract. I'm not sure about 30 day contracts.

I'd imagine if I waited and stayed on it then 4G would eventually be extended to that contract but I wouldn't have the privilege of getting a top end phone I next to nothing.

I think 4G is super fast, and noticeably so.
    It works really well where I'm located in Dublin, both home and workplace. I took a screenshot of speeds a few weeks ago and it was up there with some wifi speeds, my UPC namely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Unless you really need the unlimited data option, I think people should look into the 30day sim only option for 24pm. It will be 5gig of data on 4G. For me, its a no brainer.
    I think the original 34.50 deal offers unlimited calls to all mobile networks while the SIM only option only allows unlimited mobile calls to other emobile and meteor numbers.
    So if you make a lot of calls in the month to vodafone, o2 etc then that might also be a consideration before switching.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

After numerous botch ups to get it all in order (sim issues with 4G, 2-week delay in the phone deliver, poor/confused CS etc) I am now on the 24 euro for 6 months and 39 thereafter for 2 years. As a result of the delay for the handset they offered to discount 50 euro which is fair enough.

what plan is that? Don't see it online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

godtabh wrote: »
    what plan is that? Don't see it online
    It's the eircom bundle SIM only plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

I think the original 34.50 deal offers unlimited calls to all mobile networks while the SIM only option only allows unlimited mobile calls to other emobile and meteor numbers.
    So if you make a lot of calls in the month to vodafone, o2 etc then that might also be a consideration before switching.

Below is c copy fro, Emobile site.

1. €24 in an eircom bundle for the first 6 months
    2. Unlimited minutes and texts to any network
    3. Unlimited calls to all landlines
    4. Unlimited calls and texts to eMobile & Meteor
    5. Plus 5GB of data - now with unlimited data til 1st March 2014

What is difference between point #2 and point #4 ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BogManInc

I am now on the 24 euro for 6 months and 39 thereafter for 2 years. As a result of the delay for the handset they offered to discount 50 euro which is fair enough.

Oh yeah, my upgraded handset was an S4. Paid 89 euro for it.

What plan is this?

Masala wrote: »
    Below is c copy fro, Emobile site.

1. €24 in an eircom bundle for the first 6 months
    2. Unlimited minutes and texts to any network
    3. Unlimited calls to all landlines
    4. Unlimited calls and texts to eMobile & Meteor
    5. Plus 5GB of data - now with unlimited data til 1st March 2014

What is difference between point #2 and point #4 ???

Yeah, I get you about the two points. They mean the same thing. I suppose they're just highlighting the eMobile/Meteor thing again.

The above is the plan I'm on. Not sure of what it's called. Will look it up for those that inquired.

eMobile Unlimited+data 24 Months 4G is the plan I'm on.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Is that the online price or the instore price as I paid €329 for my upgrade to the 5S and a friend of mine was quoted €329 instore also yesterday.

I got quoted 319 on the phone today also for a 5s, but I'm not due an upgrade until next month so they said it could change slightly in the mean time.

Sim only plan is no good if you want to get a discounted phone though and also once you move off the 34.50 deal you will never be able to get back on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

When I signed up for the sim only plan it gave me unlimited calls to all networks and landlines, unlimited texts and 15Gb of data for 32 a month. Is that deal gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

When I signed up for the sim only plan it gave me unlimited calls to all networks and landlines, unlimited texts and 15Gb of data for 32 a month. Is that deal gone now?

No, its still there. I signed up to it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

So did anyone get they're current phone unlocked from eMobile to flog it on ?

If so how did that go ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

DeepBlue wrote: »

I thought he said he got an S4 out of it. What am I missing?

soundsham wrote: »
    So did anyone get they're current phone unlocked from eMobile to flog it on ?

If so how did that go ?

I did a couple of months ago to get an Nexus 4

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    I thought he said he got an S4 out of it. What am I missing?

No, it isn't the sim only plan. On my upgrade as mentioned above I also got an S4 for 89 euro on eMobile Unlimited+data 24 Months 4G.

Advertisement