Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

godtabh wrote: »
    I thought he said he got an S4 out of it. What am I missing?

I see it now. Have to be an eircom customer. Is that a 4g plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

godtabh wrote: »
    I see it now. Have to be an eircom customer. Is that a 4g plan?

I'm not sure they're very strict on the eircom customer thing. Yeah, 4G plan. Had to upgrade to get it though - (positives and negatives to the upgrade. The 34.50 plan was the best thing going for it, but to get on 4G and a new S4 you have to sacrifice the previous plan)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

I got quoted 319 on the phone today also for a 5s, but I'm not due an upgrade until next month so they said it could change slightly in the mean time.

Sim only plan is no good if you want to get a discounted phone though and also once you move off the 34.50 deal you will never be able to get back on it.
    That would make sense if you are getting a big discount on a quality phone that will be worth half its value when your contract of 2 years runs out.
    From the offers I see, there is no value. Sim only and a once off purchase of a Nexus 4 or 5(for example) would work out cheaper. Plus, the Nexus phones hold decent value even after 2 years.
    At the end of the day, its your choice, I just want to highlight other options....

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I think the original 34.50 deal offers unlimited calls to all mobile networks while the SIM only option only allows unlimited mobile calls to other emobile and meteor numbers.
    So if you make a lot of calls in the month to vodafone, o2 etc then that might also be a consideration before switching.

The Sim only offers the same calls and texts options.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Just to clarify - the sim-only (30-day contract) with 4G is €24 - But you'll need to bundle it with your eircom phone / broadband line, which extends the contract on them for 12 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭boardtc

bidiots wrote: »
    Unless you really need the unlimited data option, I think people should look into the 30day sim only option for 24pm. It will be 5gig of data on 4G. For me, its a no brainer. Bought the Nexus 5 and will move to this plan once my contract is up. Just a heads up.

Is there any way I can see how much data I have used each month of my contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

boardtc wrote: »

Text Balance date to 50104 and you will be texted back how much data you have left.

Android has a data watchdog app and windows has datasense. You can set these up to start on your bill date and give you a warning when you reach a certain data usage level. Not sure what ios has

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

You're after a history of your data usage over a few months ? Think you'll have to ring customer services for that.

@loopymum/@bidiots This thread is related to the unlimited plan, so I am not looking for how much is left or limits reached. @long_b trying to get those data usage stats from customer service has been a pain before, they don't have the info readily available it seems. I would like to get my monthly data usage over the last 18 months to see if 5GB would be enough for me or if I would need to stay unlimited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

@loopymum/@bidiots This thread is related to the unlimited plan, so I am not looking for how much is left or limits reached. @long_b trying to get those data usage stats from customer service has been a pain before, they don't have the info readily available it seems. I would like to get my monthly data usage over the last 18 months to see if 5GB would be enough for me or if I would need to stay unlimited.

is it not on your monthly bills?

Oh...check your bills then and add it up. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

If you have the same phone and you haven't reset it, can you see it that way?

I have a HOX and it keeps the history of usage month by month.
    Settings, more, usage and you will see options for data, minutes and texts used.

I have to say I think the 5gb data is extremely mean particularly on 4g. I use my 15gb every month.

P.S. Data is not unlimited on this plan(or any plan).... and I'm well aware what this thread is related to, thank you very much.

Oh...check your bills then and add it up. Simple.
    It's very frustrating that they do not total the usage. Going back to my old paper bills there are pages and pages of data usage to total. Looking online it's the same multiple screens to total. Certainly not simple. Why can't just post a total. Of course people might see they that they don't need an unlimited plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

What's the earliest people have been let upgrade ? Like, in terms of "months early" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

1month they said to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Cyrus wrote: »
    1month they said to me

Snap they told me one month too, which, will be the 28th November.

A month early for me too.

Its not until the 10th december so I hope they have a good stock of 5s's as I want to have it by Christmas.

P.S. Data is not unlimited on this plan(or any plan).... and I'm well aware what this thread is related to, thank you very much.

Fair enough mate. I thought it was unlimited but have learned here it's 15GB. Wish it was easier to find usage rates but I understand form a sales point of view why the don't release them!

• Advertisement

Also does anyone know if the upgrade deals are the same if you go into the eMobile shop instead of doing it over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Surely the 24 pm is better?
    Which plan is that? Is that not the one where you need eircom landline and broadband? I have neither.
    Unless you really need the unlimited data option, I think people should look into the 30day sim only option for 24pm. It will be 5gig of data on 4G. For me, its a no brainer. Bought the Nexus 5 and will move to this plan once my contract is up. Just a heads up.
    Just to clarify - the sim-only (30-day contract) with 4G is €24 - But you'll need to bundle it with your eircom phone / broadband line, which extends the contract on them for 12 months?

As far as I can see no-one has answered this? Is this 24pm bundle with 4g and a 5gig limit open to us or is it only when you are bundled with eircom home phone and broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

I rang customer care today and was told they wouldn't bring the upgrade date forward. Did I get an unhelpful customer care guy or do I need to call in to a store?

I rang customer care today and was told they wouldn't bring the upgrade date forward. Did I get an unhelpful customer care guy or do I need to call in to a store?

I didn't even ask for it to be brought forward, I said "I know my contract is ending soon and what upgrades are available and when". I was told I could upgrade on the 10th of december and what the price would be. My contract started around the 10th of July 2012 so that would mean I'm getting my upgrade around a month early.

As far as I can see no-one has answered this? Is this 24pm bundle with 4g and a 5gig limit open to us or is it only when you are bundled with eircom home phone and broadband?

I'm on the 34pm unlimited plan and can move to the 24pm 4G plan. I do not have a bundle of home phone and broadband. Just the mobile deal and using relatives landline....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I'm on the 34pm unlimited plan and can move to the 24pm 4G plan. I do not have a bundle of home phone and broadband. Just the mobile deal and using relatives landline....

A relatives landline? How did you manage that?

They wanted a landline number, I gave them a relatives number, I may or may not still live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi bidiots, did you have to re-give them your landline number when moving to the new plan or was it not even asked for again?

I am not due the upgrade until next month but have been in touch with them on a couple of occasions in the past month. From my understanding, its simply an upgrade from my existing account...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

long_b wrote: »
    What's the earliest people have been let upgrade ? Like, in terms of "months early" ?
    Cyrus wrote: »
    1month they said to me
    Snap they told me one month too, which, will be the 28th November.

I was allowed two months early.
    Always make sure you're speaking to the loyalty team.

Advertisement