Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

updates from anyone on what they are getting? any 4g upgrades?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

PeteK* wrote: »
    I was allowed two months early.
    Always make sure you're speaking to the loyalty team.

Loyalty team? You're just making stuff up now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

bidiots wrote: »
    Loyalty team? You're just making stuff up now

You always get much better offers from the loyalty team. Not sure if you can directly call them. I've only ever been called by them after I threaten to move networks when my contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

has anyone got a recent price on the 5s i think they have increased it

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Cyrus wrote: »
    has anyone got a recent price on the 5s i think they have increased it

I was told by the eMobile store here in Waterford last week that the price had increased from €329 to €489, however I queried this with online sales team and they told me that their online price was €319. They couldn't say what the instore price was.

I explained that I had paid €329 for my upgrade to the sales assistant instore but he had said that eMobile had reviewed the price of this and as we are on such a good deal that they would increase the initial price for the handset.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I was told by the eMobile store here in Waterford last week that the price had increased from €329 to €489, however I queried this with online sales team and they told me that their online price was €319. They couldn't say what the instore price was.

I explained that I had paid €329 for my upgrade to the sales assistant instore but he had said that eMobile had reviewed the price of this and as we are on such a good deal that they would increase the initial price for the handset.

What planet are they living on? Some of the PAYG deals out there now are better than this. I got a sim free BB Z10 recently, and I think I'll head over to 48 on the €20 membership in the New year.

so i called this morning about an upgrade to the 5s

449 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I got the same, fooking whores!

Bugger that, did they give you options for any other phones and prices?

Looking like its off to the 30 day sim only deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

That's outrageous. I'll be leaving emobile so.

• Advertisement

Bugger that, did they give you options for any other phones and prices?

Looking like its off to the 30 day sim only deal!

yeah s4 449:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

That's outrageous. They quoted me 239 for an upgrade to an S4 just a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

daRobot wrote: »
    That's outrageous. They quoted me 239 for an upgrade to an S4 just a few weeks ago.

They are being absolute pigs, I got quoted 309 for the note 3 and now they want 569.
    Last Wedn I rang again, was going to buy the HTC one for 219 and Natasha said she would ring me Friday before the prices went up about the Note 3's price(whether it would rise or fall).
    She never rang me back and I managed to get through to someone else there who told me about the new price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

I was talking to Natasha in customer care on 20 November, she told me an upgrade to the 5c would cost me €239 but she couldn't push it though until yesterday. I rang and was told that the 5c will now cost me €419! Surely there's legal issues with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I was talking to Natasha in customer care on 20 November, she told me an upgrade to the 5c would cost me €239 but she couldn't push it though until yesterday. I rang and was told that the 5c will now cost me €419! Surely there's legal issues with that?

They are really looking after their customers aren't they? Sick of them and yesterday a supervisor was supposed to call me back as they were at lunch but didn't. Bloody nightmare

Sweet jesus that's ridiculous. Defo time to move.

natasha i spoke to also

they obviously want people off this deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

they obviously want people off this deal

My thoughts exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Sweet jesus that's ridiculous. Defo time to move.

Yeah, I find that almost hard to believe. I upgraded to an S4 for 89 euro a couple of months ago. How is it even close to 500 now.

For the person who was quoted a cheaper price on this thread when speaking to someone on the phone, they should really call back and insist they were promised this and perhaps even mention getting a record of the conversation as they're apparently recorded. I'm sure it shouldn't come to that, and I'm not actually REALLY suggesting someone should go this route, but maybe worth mentioning.

That's why I find the online webchat very helpful as you can email yourself a written transcript of the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭bewhiched

polaris68 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

It's a pity cause I love this plan and I'm due an upgrade soon and think I will go somewhere else if I don't get a good upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I'd agree they want people off the deal alright. Only explanation I'd muster, as they're keen to have people on 4G contracts at a minimum of 39 euro after 6 months. But for the sake of a fiver each month it's an insidious way of conducting business; deflecting people from remaining on a contract but not getting a fair upgrade. It's a pretty low move, for relatively little gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Which plan should I be looking at online for the prices , I'm due my upgrade at the weekend , that's if I'm able to afford it after all the price hikes, also does anyone know how long it takes them to unlock the out of contract phone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BogManInc

The prices are absolutely ridiculous!

I've been pricing the handsets throughout October, November and now December and each month they've steadily increased in price and it's just ridiculous now this month.

Current pricing is:

HTC - €279
    Note 3 - €449
    S4 - €329
    Z1 - €329

Those are crazy prices for "upgrades" - you'd get most of those phones for free over on Three and you'd only be paying an extra fiver a month on your bill.

I was looking forward to signing up to another 18 months but I definitely won't now. My contract is up - going to switch to someone else now this week.

Smart move eMobile :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

There are better deals to be had elsewhere than signing up at those prices.

BogManInc wrote: »
    The prices are absolutely ridiculous!

I've been pricing the handsets throughout October, November and now December and each month they've steadily increased in price and it's just ridiculous now this month.

Current pricing is:

HTC - €279
    Note 3 - €449
    S4 - €329
    Z1 - €329

Those are crazy prices for "upgrades" - you'd get most of those phones for free over on Three and you'd only be paying an extra fiver a month on your bill.

I was looking forward to signing up to another 18 months but I definitely won't now. My contract is up - going to switch to someone else now this week.

Smart move eMobile :mad:

Thanks for sharing that Info very interesting indeed think il b moving in too shame

Yeah, I've just switched to the 30 day Sim only plan until I find something else out there. That includes all mins/texts and 5gig of 4G data for €24pm. Will do for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Carrollman

That's crazy pricing... Got my upgrade through carphone warehouse... Emobile were going to cost me over 200 for the HTC one but got it for 99 euro with the cash back offer at the time! Really silly strategy by emobile

Yeah, I've just switched to the 30 day Sim only plan until I find something else out there. That includes all mins/texts and 5gig of 4G data for €24pm. Will do for now!

Might look into that one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

I switched over to the 4G 30 day sim only plan too.

Gonna pick up a Nexus 5

• Advertisement

I switched over to the 4G 30 day sim only plan too.

Gonna pick up a Nexus 5

Do u pay for this phone with the 30 day

Advertisement