Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

bidiots wrote: »
    Yeah, I've just switched to the 30 day Sim only plan until I find something else out there. That includes all mins/texts and 5gig of 4G data for €24pm. Will do for now!

It's a possibility for me too. Or might try another network for a month and see how the coverage is. EMobile is poor enough around the country.

Might be some good deals to be had in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

bewhiched wrote: »
    Do u pay for this phone with the 30 day
    You can buy the Nexus direct from Google. Best android for the price on the market. I'm probably going to get a Nokia 920 for around 200, still cheapest option.
    Pj! wrote: »
    It's a possibility for me too. Or might try another network for a month and see how the coverage is. EMobile is poor enough around the country.

Might be some good deals to be had in January.

Thinking that myself. When I started out with eMobile I got the S3 for 129. Sold it after 6 months for 400(270 up) and have been having 'basically' free phone usage since by purchasing various handsets, using and testing and selling on without loss. Now I'm afraid, it looks like this run is coming to an end. Until the next 'no brainer' contract comes up but I doubt we'll see one like it again....

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Should I be looking at select unlimited ( which is the plan) or select 500 ( read that somewhere) prices?? Looking at the iPhone 5c ??

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

Should I be looking at select unlimited ( which is the plan) or select 500 ( read that somewhere) prices?? Looking at the iPhone 5c ??

It's €419.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Got quoted €499 myself today for an upgrade to the 5s. What a rip off. Won't b upgrading!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Have any of you got through the "retention department" and say you would like to cancel your contract as you are moving to another company?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

It's €419.

What!!!!!!! That is unbelievable are they trying to charge the payg prices!! Select unlimited plan is showing as €199 online so their obv not going to give us the proper prices for the plan, speechless...................

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Have any of you got through the "retention department" and say you would like to cancel your contract as you are moving to another company?

yes it was loyalty i was speaking to :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

polaris68 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

but surely they are only pushing us onto the €32 sim only plan - with no possibility of us ever purchasing a phone from them again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

but surely they are only pushing us onto the €32 sim only plan - with no possibility of us ever purchasing a phone from them again?

I don't think they make money off the phones - they just want your monthly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Would get a 5s or even a 5c if there was any value. But there ain't.

The six month HTC one offer with O2 a few months ago was great.

Only value now on smart phones is a Nexus 5 sim free (if ye manage to get the thing) and a sim free plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Anyone got there phone unlocked on this deal yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I got a HTC One X on this deal and the contract expired at the end of November. I have the sim card in a Nexus 5 and am planning to continue with the plan as I like the 15 GB data limit. I routinely used 5 - 6 GB per month.

I'll be ringing them tomorrow to get the One X unlocked and I'll report back how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Mine is unlocked, I think it was unlocked when I got it but to be honest I can't really remember.
    Stick a sim into check

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Why don't you all just go for the €39 deal? I got my note 3 for €199.

It's only an extra €4.50 on top of the €34.50 I was paying and meant I got my phone for much cheaper. Also, I got the tariff for €24 for the first 6 months.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why don't you all just go for the €39 deal? I got my note 3 for €199.

It's only an extra €4.50 on top of the €34.50 I was paying and meant I got my phone for much cheaper. Also, I got the tariff for €24 for the first 6 months.

The note3 is now €350 on the most expensive plan!

godtabh wrote: »
    The note3 is now €350 on the most expensive plan!

Ohhhh, ouch. Looks like i got lucky when I kept bothering them to bring my upgrade forward, I've had it for about 8 weeks now even though I wasn't due my upgrade until mid December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Ohhhh, ouch. Looks like i got lucky when I kept bothering them to bring my upgrade forward, I've had it for about 8 weeks now even though I wasn't due my upgrade until mid December.

They want 569 for the note 3 on the unlimited plan now. ouch is right

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i've been due an upgrade for 6 months. got a nexus 4. thinking of getting the note 3 but not at that price!

loopymum wrote: »
    They want 569 for the note 3 on the unlimited plan now. ouch is right

That is scandalous. They kept trying to put me off upgrading early but I kept pushing for it as the s3 I had was getting a bit too annoying with all the restarting etc. Delighted I got my new contract back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I will not be staying on a bill with eMobile. I will be switching to prepay initially and way up the offers of other networks in the New Year. It really stinks how they are treating us, as we are on a specific plan that they advertised in order to attract more customers through Eircom.

I will not be staying on a bill with eMobile. I will be switching to prepay initially and way up the offers of other networks in the New Year. It really stinks how they are treating us, as we are on a specific plan that they advertised in order to attract more customers through Eircom.

What do you mean it stinks the way they are treating you?

The gave you a phone and price plan that was unique to the market at the time. The are now discouraging people renewing the plan. Its not personal. Its a business trying to make money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

They are going the wrong way about it

bidiots wrote: »
    They are going the wrong way about it

it wouldnt appear so if no body is renewing their contracts. They arent making money from this and want people off the plan or at least not upgrading to new expensive phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

What do you mean it stinks the way they are treating you?

The gave you a phone and price plan that was unique to the market at the time. The are now discouraging people renewing the plan. Its not personal. Its a business trying to make money

Well, the ruse is little bit underhand as it's not quite a conventional upgrade is it, but they felt it had to be changed I suppose. The manner in which it was done was poor as it seems so arbitrary.

Only 2 months ago I got a proper upgrade. They should have honoured upgrades that are also due now in a normal fashion and then perhaps contact those whose contracts end more than 3 months down the line and let know in advance that they won't provide an upgrade with a highly subsidised handset. Not just throw it out there in a panicked manner with exorbitant prices.

There's ways of conducting a proper business too even with the end result as fiscal gain. No one wants surprises.

The are now discouraging people renewing the plan. Its not personal. Its a business trying to make money

Given that the sim only option which is identical in every respect is only €32 I still don't see how they will make more money by throwing you off the €35.50 plan - even at the discounted prices they weren't losing money on the phones, so now they are just going to lose €3.50 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Given that the sim only option which is identical in every respect is only €32 I still don't see how they will make more money by throwing you off the €35.50 plan - even at the discounted prices they weren't losing money on the phones, so now they are just going to lose €3.50 a month?

Of course they're losing money on the phones.

There's a fundamental failure to understand how mobile networks operate from the posters moaning about this.

Either they discount the price of the phone and get the money back over 12/18/24 months or they discount the plan, which they did in this case.

Having a hissy fit after 18 months with more or less unlimited everything for €34.50 because they won't give you a new toy is a bit rich.

Of course they're losing money on the phones.

There's a fundamental failure to understand how mobile networks operate from the posters moaning about this.

Either they discount the price of the phone and get the money back over 12/18/24 months or they discount the plan, which they did in this case.

Having a hissy fit after 18 months with more or less unlimited everything for €34.50 because they won't give you a new toy is a bit rich.

I suspected (wrongly you will say) that the price they were selling the phones at originally (at select 500) was roughly what they were paying for them. I don't think they are purchasing them at market price. But that's not really the point I was making in any event.

Not sure where my hissy fit was - I simply asked, on the assumption that no-one would purchase any phone at the increased price, how Emobile would make more money by throwing people off the plan when people will go to the €32 plan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I agree with most of whats here, but there is, nothing for nothing! and if everyone thinks they are going to get a new phone and a cheap plan, well, good luck to ya.

I bought into the deal at the beginning and pay the 32 (I think), but as I am VAT registered I claim back the 23% so its even cheaper.

Now the gravy train is over. They have established themselves and the offers are getting cut. My S3 is bollixed, screen cracked, and I can only charge it using a standalone charger from dealextreme but dont expect them to just hand me a new S4.

Get real lads. I am waiting to see what happens at christmas. Maybe in the January sales they may do some good deals. Eircom is banjaxed and they are tightening everything up. I will follow this and see whats going on around but dont have high hopes

• Advertisement

but dont expect them to just hand me a new S4.

I thought the issue was that they moved from a Select 500 price to a higher price - the price was always going to be over €300 I don't think anyone expect them free - did they?

Advertisement