Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I paid €508 for a 64GB 4S, so I would have expected a reasonable upgrade, its not as if they gave it away. Plus a lot of other offers have caught up with, or bettered their offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

whiterebel wrote: »
    I paid €508 for a 64GB 4S, so I would have expected a reasonable upgrade, its not as if they gave it away. Plus a lot of other offers have caught up with, or bettered their offers.

If you find a better offer then move. It takes about 5 minutes.

Could you link to some of these better offers?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Could you link to some of these better offers?[/QUOTE

Thanks for that advice, that degree in the blatantly obvious is working well for you. I might wait until my contract is up next month though, if its all the same to you..

Have a look at 48, Tescomobile and Three sim only plans, they are not hard to find.

This is a disaster, I was just waiting for the 10th of december to upgrade to the 5s as they said that was the earliest they could do it and was expecting to pay 319 as I was told. If I knew they would pull this stunt I would have tried harder to get an earlier upgrade.

Has anyone had any luck getting them back down to 319 for the 5s?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Could you link to some of these better offers?[/QUOTE

Thanks for that advice, that degree in the blatantly obvious is working well for you. I might wait until my contract is up next month though, if its all the same to you..

Have a look at 48, Tescomobile and Three sim only plans, they are not hard to find.

Ok:

Tesco will give me 500 mins, 500 texts and 15 GB data for €30. 500 mins isn't enough for me.

Three will give pretty much the same as this plan for €39.75. Dearer.

48 would give unlimited calls and texts with 5GB data for €20. 15GB would cost €50.

None of those deals is better. Again, would you like to link to a better offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Called into an eMobile shop today and there is no budging on the 499. The girl in the shop told me they are trying to get people off this tariff which u can't blame them for. She advised me to stay on this tariff. I was offered €175 on my immaculate 16gb 4s on a trade in but again was advised to sell it private. I'd prob get 280 for my phone as it is immac with plastic cover back and front and protective case since day one. 220 then is not too bad for the latest most up to date iPhone. That's if I upgrade...

I'm going to hold out until January anyway (despite the fact this was supposed to be my christmas present) and hope that this was either a stunt in the run up to Christmas and the plan is to reduce the price again or that people are simply not upgrading at the higher price and ether just keeping their current phone or moving to other operators and therefore might reduce it to stop people moving etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

I'm going to hold out until January anyway (despite the fact this was supposed to be my christmas present) and hope that this was either a stunt in the run up to Christmas and the plan is to reduce the price again or that people are simply not upgrading at the higher price and ether just keeping their current phone or moving to other operators and therefore might reduce it to stop people moving etc.

That's exactly what I'm doing my upgrade is due now but rang other day and girl was really nice and just kept repeating you could wait until jan or feb , the prices of our phones change monthly so hoping they will go down, definitely can't go up any more !

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just a heads up lads, my mate upgraded to the 5s today, like the rest of ye he was also expecting to get the upgrade for €329 like I did on launch day, however he was told €499 by the guys in the emobile store, he point blank refused to pay that, he then decided to call into Carphone warehouse, they entered his details into the computer, confirmed he was on the friend and family deal and was out of his current contract, he then upgraded to the 5s on his current tariff and another 18 month contract for €329

Worth a try lads

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Was he out of contract? I was being offered an early 'upgrade'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Cyrus wrote: »
    Was he out of contract? I was being offered an early 'upgrade'

Yeah he was, if you are been offered an early upgrade it would have to be applied to your account, once its noted on the account you then have the option of upgrading where ever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Just a heads up lads, my mate upgraded to the 5s today, like the rest of ye he was also expecting to get the upgrade for €329 like I did on launch day, however he was told €499 by the guys in the emobile store, he point blank refused to pay that, he then decided to call into Carphone warehouse, they entered his details into the computer, confirmed he was on the friend and family deal and was out of his current contract, he then upgraded to the 5s on his current tariff and another 18 month contract for €329

Worth a try lads

Nice angle, I like it.

My early upgrade isn't due for 5 days, no doubt this loophole will be close by then. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

They have a new deal if you're an Eircom customer and extend your eircom landline contract for 24 months.2 year contract, first 6 months are €24 and the remaining 18 are 39. Same plan as before but you only get 5GB of 4G internet. Works out at €35.25 a month. I think I was quoted €279 for 16GB 5s. I really want the 32GB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

When you contract is up, can you still keep it rolling?
    5gb on 4g is useless to me.

I got a text yesterday telling me that mu upgrade is ready to collect in the eMobile shop. Should be interesting, as I never spoken to them about it

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

tonic wine wrote: »
    When you contract is up, can you still keep it rolling?
    5gb on 4g is useless to me.

Well I rang other day and they said yes , they said new contract wouldn't start until I upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Aquos76 wrote: »

Worth a try lads

Tried carphone warehouse today and they were still only offering me the 499 upgrade. Looks like your mate got lucky!!

eoz wrote: »
    Tried carphone warehouse today and they were still only offering me the 499 upgrade. Looks like your mate got lucky!!

me too:(

eMobile shop confirmed €499 for the iPhone upgrade unless I changed over to the deal at €24 for 1st 6 months, and €39 per month after that. Deal would be over 18 or 24 months, 18 months brings the iPhone back to the €329, and I think it was €239 on 24 months, but I'm not sure. It seems like they are trying to shift people off the €34.50 plan.

• Advertisement

eMobile shop confirmed €499 for the iPhone upgrade unless I changed over to the deal at €24 for 1st 6 months, and €39 per month after that. Deal would be over 18 or 24 months, 18 months brings the iPhone back to the €329, and I think it was €239 on 24 months, but I'm not sure. It seems like they are trying to shift people off the €34.50 plan.

you can only get on that if you are still an eircom customer tho right

Its not a bad deal and I never even use 5Gb of data in the month but its a great safety net having the 15Gb, never even have to think about usage. Also with 4G that 5Gb could disappear quicker, its also a few quid more expensive per month which adds up overtime.

Whats the story with 3G on that plan, is the 5Gb the allowance for both 3G and 4G?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

eoz wrote: »

+1

Cyrus wrote: »
    you can only get on that if you are still an eircom customer tho right

I don't know, they never mentioned Eircom to be honest. They just seemed to be more keen to get me off the €34.50 deal, even though it works out cheaper on the other plan over the 18/24 months. Seeing as I already bought a BB Z10, I might just go on the €24pm sim only deal. I hardly use a GB a month as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

guys, can someone sanity check what I am thinking of doing:

1)Moving from this plan as I already have a decent phone
    2) Going to Tesco pay as you go
    3) Use €5 clubcard voucher to get a €15 topup every month
    4) Use €15 topup every month for unlimited calls, texts and 5gb of data.

Total price €5 per month.

Am I missing something? And if I'm not can anyone point out the potential disadvantages (other than dropping from 15gb to 5gb)

Thanks!

I don't know, they never mentioned Eircom to be honest. They just seemed to be more keen to get me off the €34.50 deal, even though it works out cheaper on the other plan over the 18/24 months. Seeing as I already bought a BB Z10, I might just go on the €24pm sim only deal. I hardly use a GB a month as it is.

whats the 24p/m deal again, and can i get on it without signing up to a 12 month eircom contract or whatever

i decided to buy a sim free 5s for what emobile were trying to charge me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭lau1247

Am I missing something? And if I'm not can anyone point out the potential disadvantages (other than dropping from 15gb to 5gb)

Thanks!

that 5eur is based on the voucher though, no?? normal top up still cost 15eur.. that is my understanding of it

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    that 5eur is based on the voucher though, no?? normal top up still cost 15eur.. that is my understanding of it

Yep, see 3) of my post - using €5 clubcard voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thanks!

You are mostly correct. First you must register your Clubcard with them. That alone will entitle you to top up by €15 every 30 days. Non-Clubcards have to pay €20 a month. If you already have a Clubcard & get vouchers on a fairly regular basis, you can use the vouchers to get the Deal (http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/deals/mobile.aspx). that allows you to top-up by €5. The vouchers must be in €5 value or a combination that will make up the €5. With the €5 voucher deal you can choose unlimited texts or mins (http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/conductyourplan.aspx). You still have €15 to spend. You can use €10 to get unlimited texts & the remaining €5 to buy the data.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kristopherus. You mentioned I was mostly correct, which bit did I get wrong?
    Thanks

Advertisement