Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭sue97

Just wondering how to figure out how much data, calls and text I use on my account. Seriously considering signing up to Tesco, quite annoyed at the huge increase in the cost of the phone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cyrus wrote: »
    whats the 24p/m deal again, and can i get on it without signing up to a 12 month eircom contract or whatever

i decided to buy a sim free 5s for what emobile were trying to charge me :pac:

According to my local eMobile shop (and I will get her to sign in blood:D) as I have only just signed an 18 month contract with Eircom, the 12 months will run within the 18 month deal. The €24 sim only deal us unlimited calls, texts and 15GB of data. I'll sign up for this in January when my current deal expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

whiterebel wrote: »
    According to my local eMobile shop (and I will get her to sign in blood:D) as I have only just signed an 18 month contract with Eircom, the 12 months will run within the 18 month deal. The €24 sim only deal us unlimited calls, texts and 15GB of data. I'll sign up for this in January when my current deal expires.

Hi Whiterebel, can you link to the €24 sim only deal, or explain how to get it please? :o

Thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

keredern wrote: »
    Hi Whiterebel, can you link to the €24 sim only deal, or explain how to get it please? :o

Thanks!! :)

Scratch that...just found it!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Carrollman

keredern wrote: »
    Scratch that...just found it!! :o

Can you link it on to me please.. Can only find a 5gb offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BogManInc

Carrollman wrote: »
    Can you link it on to me please.. Can only find a 5gb offer

same here, thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Sorry, my mistake, it is 5GB, not 15GB for Eircom customers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The €24 deal is a good price but 5GB just isn't enough data for 4G. If you're using any sort of streaming you'll use it up in no time.

Also, was that deal not €24 for 6 months and then €39?

The €24 deal is a good price but 5GB just isn't enough data for 4G. If you're using any sort of streaming you'll use it up in no time.

Also, was that deal not €24 for 6 months and then €39?

No, its sim-only 30 day contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

whiterebel wrote: »
    No, its sim-only 30 day contract.

You'd wonder if they'd whack up the sim only price, to 39 euro pm at some stage too. It's a bit of a chance on a 30 day contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

daRobot wrote: »
    You'd wonder if they'd whack up the sim only price, to 39 euro pm at some stage too. It's a bit of a chance on a 30 day contract.
    Pardon?

I'll just go to 48 or Tesco if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

guys, im on this plan with a 5s, on ios7
    last few days im getting a prompt to accept a new carrier file from emobile

anyone know whats contained / changes are in it?

im just a bit wary in case the hotpot tethering gets changed in some way :(

i didnt accept it, nor will i until i find out its contents. kinda sly how you are nearly accepting this through familiar popups !

bidiots wrote: »
    Pardon?

What part of my post needs simplifying for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

eirlink wrote: »
    guys, im on this plan with a 5s, on ios7
    last few days im getting a prompt to accept a new carrier file from emobile

anyone know whats contained / changes are in it?

im just a bit wary in case the hotpot tethering gets changed in some way :(

i didnt accept it, nor will i until i find out its contents. kinda sly how you are nearly accepting this through familiar popups !

I have a 5 and got the carrier update. Tethering remains but i now have an "Enable 4G" option. I'm not on a 4G package or in a 4G area so don't know if it works until i hit the big smoke on the weekend.

What part of my post needs simplifying for you?

Its a 30 day contract, if they try change it, move to another deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Pardon?

bidiots, did you end up getting that €24 plan?

bidiots, did you end up getting that €24 plan?

Yes, on it now but have to change over to the 4G SIM. Have the Lumia 920 en route and will test it out then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Yes, on it now but have to change over to the 4G SIM.

No idea why they need to give you a new SIM. Should work just fine with the old one, unless the new sim does some new fancy decryption that the old one didn't...

TBi wrote: »
    No idea why they need to give you a new SIM. Should work just fine with the old one, unless the new sim does some new fancy decryption that the old one didn't...

It's working fine as is but my current 520 doesn't support 4G so I need a 4G phone. I presume that 4G needs a 4G enabled sim, well they sent me out one anyway

• Advertisement

TBi wrote: »

according to their website, and their forums, you definitely need a 4g sim card for the new speed.

Its a 30 day contract, if they try change it, move to another deal...

I'm referring to people on the 34.50 pm deal, like myself, who may be considering the sim only plan at 24 pm.

If they decide to put up the sim only price, in line with their planned increase on bill pay after 6 months, it may not so easy to find a comparable deal.

Personally, even though my Galaxy S3 is in perfect order, and I could easily move to sim only, I'm sticking with my current deal for the time being.

I'm referring to people on the 34.50 pm deal, like myself, who may be considering the sim only plan at 24 pm.

If they decide to put up the sim only price, in line with their planned increase on bill pay after 6 months, it may not so easy to find a comparable deal.

Personally, even though my Galaxy S3 is in perfect order, and I could easily move to sim only, I'm sticking with my current deal for the time being.

I'm one of those people. If they faff around, I'm going to Tesco

they've just told me they won't move me to the €24 per month plan as it has to be part of an eircom bundle.

they've just told me they won't move me to the €24 per month plan as it has to be part of an eircom bundle.

Were you on the 34.50pm bundle?

Were you on the 34.50pm bundle?

yep. And they said they couldn't see that I was an eircom customer (I'm not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

I rang today to ask when I was actually due an upgarde. It turns out I have been for the past two months and I can uptrade to the s4 for the tiny sum of €449 euro AND still keep get to keep my suppoosed discount. Bargain !

Goodbye emobile , its been nice knowing you

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

I'm sure they are counting on people being too lazy or disinterested to move to a different provider. It's a shame they offer little incentive to stay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Is there any benefits to an existing customer upgrading compared to a new customer walking into the shop and taking out the same contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

That deal is long gone so it wouldn't be available to new customers.

Advertisement