Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

polaris68 wrote: »
    That deal is long gone so it wouldn't be available to new customers.

I'm not asking about the deal in the title of the thread.
    Just asking in general is there any advantages for existing customers to upgrade compared to new customers walking in off the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone recently upgraded? Have the prices got more realistic because I'm due an upgrade next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Rang them yesterday as I got this deal for my son who is a student and the prices were the same as before Christmas. I was looking for an Iphone 5s was told it was 500 when I said it would be just as cheep to buy from apple and it would be sim free. The sales person on the phone told me we are expecting the price to drop in February. They really don't want people I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone recently upgraded? Have the prices got more realistic because I'm due an upgrade next month.

Still wanted 500+ for a note 3. Said they wanted to ger people off this contract basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

tonic wine wrote: »
    Still wanted 500+ for a note 3. Said they wanted to ger people off this contract basically.

I was given this price too and was told the price was higher as I was already getting such a discount on my monthly bill.

I then questioned the sales person on the phone, saying that if I pay such a high price for the phone it offsets the discount to the point where its non-existent.

She agreed with me - ridiculous sales policy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Their upgrade prices for this plan are ridiculous - they're practically the sim free prices for most of the phones I want. There's no incentive to stay with eMobile anymore at all now. I'll be leaving them any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mopeds

All I just wanted to let you know, I too am on the 34.50 emobile offer and was not too happy with the emobile upgrade. However I went to carphonewarehouse and was able to upgrade for 219 to iphone 5s. Much better than emobile direct

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

mopeds wrote: »
    All I just wanted to let you know, I too am on the 34.50 emobile offer and was not too happy with the emobile upgrade. However I went to carphonewarehouse and was able to upgrade for 219 to iphone 5s. Much better than emobile direct

are you still on the 34.50 plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Few question mopeds are you still emobile /Eircom customer? 4g? Price per month?
    Cheers

tonic wine wrote: »
    Said they wanted to ger people off this contract basically.

I didn't get this impression talking to them. They didn't make any attempt to push another plan and encouraged me to ring again next month to see if prices had changed saying its a great plan and once you stay on it you have it for as long as you want etc.

I tried carphone warehouse before christmas and was told the same as emobile, 500 euro for the 5s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My wife was offered a decent enough upgrade, but it did mean moving to a 40 quid a month plan from the 35 quid one.

eMobile has given me the best value and service of any operator, so I'm loathe to leave them to get a decent cheap device elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

emobile have the prepay unlimited everything for 24euro a month at the moment.
    thats the best out there imo.
    im with three and its 20 quid but only free calls on weekends so i end up running outta calls pretty fast and just left with texts/viber calls

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

kenyard wrote: »
    emobile have the prepay unlimited everything for 24euro a month at the moment.
    thats the best out there imo.
    im with three and its 20 quid but only free calls on weekends so i end up running outta calls pretty fast and just left with texts/viber calls

Good deal alright, but you have to have an Eircom phone to avail of it from what I can see....

numorouno wrote: »
    are you still on the 34.50 plan?

Hi Yes I am still on the 34.50 plan

chris1970 wrote: »
    Few question mopeds are you still emobile /Eircom customer? 4g? Price per month?
    Cheers

Hi I was never an Eircom customer, I got offered this deal when I was out of contract the last time. I pay 34.50 per month for unlimited calls text and data.

I dont have 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Hi Yes I am still on the 34.50 plan
    Which 5s did you get? 16GB or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

That is some deal.

A 24 month contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

The original €34.50 Emobile offer was for an 18 month contract.

I recall (a few pages back) someone writing that the were able to get a reasonably priced upgrade on this plan from Carphone Warehouse soon after Emobile upped the prices of the phones.

Be interested to hear if this was still possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

polaris68 wrote: »
    The original €34.50 Emobile offer was for an 18 month contract.

I recall (a few pages back) someone writing that the were able to get a reasonably priced upgrade on this plan from Carphone Warehouse soon after Emobile upped the prices of the phones.

Be interested to hear if this was still possible.

I tried Carphone warehouse but no joy, outrageous prices and crappy customer service from emobile means I have cancelled my contract and I am moving to Tesco PAYG, I have 3 months free 5 gb data per months and I will use my clubcard vouchers to top up the phone so I will have a free calls basically and I will put the 34.50 a month a side and buy sim free

PeteK* wrote: »
    Which 5s did you get? 16GB or more?

I got the 16GB i would have liked the 32gb but CPW said they dont really do them

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »
    That is some deal.

A 24 month contract?

Hi another 18 mth contract

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭CurlyEng

Thanks moped - which carphone warehouse store was that? Did you ask for anything on particular / is there some way of identifying the new deal you are on?

P.s. What is your data on the package? 4G enabled?
    CurlyEng wrote: »
    Thanks moped - which carphone warehouse store was that? Did you ask for anything on particular / is there some way of identifying the new deal you are on?

CurlyEng wrote: »

Hi Mine was in Naas, although I had checked beforehand in carrickmines and they gave same price but had no stock. I do not get 4G

Thanks for the reply...

Are you on the original 15GB data or is this back to 5GB?

Anyone get a decent price for an upgrade to the Sony Xperia Z1 on this plan? I'm being quoted €499 - can get an unlocked SIM free phone at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Moyglish wrote: »
    Anyone get a decent price for an upgrade to the Sony Xperia Z1 on this plan? I'm being quoted €499 - can get an unlocked SIM free phone at that price!

Got a z1 for 199 in October on upgrade thru cpw

swampy353 wrote: »
    Got a z1 for 199 in October on upgrade thru cpw

Thanks for letting me know swampy353 - not a bad price at all!
    Did you get to keep the €34.50 plan for 18 months also?

Carphone Warehouse quoted me €499 for it as well yesterday. Bugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Moyglish wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know swampy353 - not a bad price at all!
    Did you get to keep the €34.50 plan for 18 months also?

Carphone Warehouse quoted me €499 for it as well yesterday. Bugger!

Yeah kept the same plan for another 18 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Do you only qualify for an upgrade once the existing 18 month contract expires? My contract wont expiry til end of April. would be nice to get the 5s at the 220 price!!

W.

Advertisement