Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

Moyglish wrote: »
    Anyone get a decent price for an upgrade to the Sony Xperia Z1 on this plan? I'm being quoted €499 - can get an unlocked SIM free phone at that price!
    meteor for 150 and 31.20 per month for 400 mins 400 texts and 1gb data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I recently got a the 34.50 offer what are the charges like roaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Faz6r wrote: »
    meteor for 150 and 31.20 per month for 400 mins 400 texts and 1gb data

To be fair, that's no where near the same deal advertised here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I just got a call from eMobile.

They're looking to change the plan (same benefits; but with 4G as a free upgrade) to 39 per month, but 24 per month for the first 6 months.

Unless my maths is appalling; the 10 per month reduction for 6 months, will cancel out the extra 5 per month for 12 months following that.

The cost to upgrade to an iPhone 5S:
    16GB: 329 18 month contract / 279 24 month contract
    32GB: 429 18 month contract /379 24 month contract

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Eoin wrote: »

They're looking to change the plan (same benefits; but with 4G as a free upgrade) to 39 per month, but 24 per month for the first 6 months.

Unless my maths is appalling; the 10 per month reduction for 6 months, will cancel out the extra 5 per month for 12 months following that.

I'd take that deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Are you still getting the 15GB data limit that came with the original plan?

Their current 4G plan only has a 5GB limit.

godtabh wrote: »
    I'd take that deal

For me there's not much functionality introduced with the 5S that'd justify making some of my 4S accessories redundant (nice radio/docking station etc), so I think I'll leave it for the time being.

There might be better deals elsewhere, but I really can't fault the service over the last 2.5 years.
    polaris68 wrote: »
    Are you still getting the 15GB data limit that came with the original plan?

Their current 4G plan only has a 5GB limit.

I think she said it was the same limit, but I forgot to query that - my wife was told 5GB too. It wouldn't bother me though; I've not come anywhere close to using 5GB a month as I've WiFi at home and at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Just to confirm - is that 15gb of 4G data for the life of the contract ?

I don't know - the 4G was a free upgrade, so presumably it's either 5GB or 15GB worth of data.

I'd be very interested in changing to the 4G contract if they gave me the 15GB of data. Getting the phone for 279 and over 24 months the cost of the contract would not be any more expensive not on the 34.50 plan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

long_b wrote: »
    Just to confirm - is that 15gb of 4G data for the life of the contract ?

No, its 5GB. They are obviously trying to get away from 15GB deals.

I wonder are too many people using it to tether or something - I wouldn't have thought there were that many people using close to 15GB per month for it to be an issue.

I don't think I've ever used over 5GB myself but its great having the comfort of never worrying about your data usage as I sometimes set the phone as a hotspot or watch matches on it etc so I'd rather hold onto the 15GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I don't think I've ever used over 5GB myself but its great having the comfort of never worrying about your data usage as I sometimes set the phone as a hotspot or watch watches on it etc so I'd rather hold onto the 15GB.

I'd generally use about 5gb a month so I like the 15gb allowance as well.

4G connectivity with just a 5gb limit isn't much use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

I changed to this plan from the 34.50. It's 5gb of data. I picked up the HTC one mini for free on it. Great little phone but still bigger than the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

kenyard wrote: »
    emobile have the prepay unlimited everything for 24euro a month at the moment.
    thats the best out there imo.
    Its for eircom customers only though is it?
    Also only 5GB of data vs 15GB on the €32 prepay plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

air wrote: »
    Its for eircom customers only though is it?
    Also only 5GB of data vs 15GB on the €32 prepay plan.

Its unlimited data until March I think then reverts to the 5gig cap. This is on 4G though, its the deal I'm on and I cant see any out there to beat it. (24pm, 30 day notice.Unlimited Calls/Texts and 5gig 4G data)

Anybody call yet to enquire if they have dropped the upgrade price of the 5s for February on the 34.50 per month plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Zucker

Upgraded at the weekend to the 5s in the Carphone Warehouse for €279 and stayed on this plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Zucker wrote: »
    Upgraded at the weekend to the 5s in the Carphone Warehouse for €279 and stayed on this plan.[/quote

nice price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 irismawaiyan

They overcharged me for 43 euro in the first month that I joined, 2 months afterwards, overcharged me 15 euro but refuse to adjust to a correct direct debit nor put money back into my bank account. Filed complaint, went to the shop, still no one is willing to handle the situation, their company just want to charge you whatever amount and I really hate to keep an eye constantly in my statement to see if they overcharge, worst provider ever!

They overcharged me for 43 euro in the first month that I joined, 2 months afterwards, overcharged me 15 euro but refuse to adjust to a correct direct debit nor put money back into my bank account. Filed complaint, went to the shop, still no one is willing to handle the situation, their company just want to charge you whatever amount and I really hate to keep an eye constantly in my statement to see if they overcharge, worst provider ever!

I'm with then almost 2 years and their service has been faultless. My only complaint is their jacking up of the upgrade prices on the 34.50 plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Did anyone check if the upgrade prices have changed for Feb?

Davie89 wrote: »
    Did anyone check if the upgrade prices have changed for Feb?

Still 499 for the 5s on the 34.5 per month for feb.

Got offered the 4G plan (with 5GB of data). 279 for the 5s on a 24 month contract or 329 on an 18 month contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Still 499 for the 5s on the 34.5 per month for feb.

Got offered the 4G plan (with 5GB of data). 279 for the 5s on a 24 month contract or 329 on an 18 month contract.

Thats not too bad - is the 24 per month just for the first six months as posted above?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

5GB may not be worth it for 4G Speeds. Surely you'll reach the 5GB faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

PeteK* wrote: »
    5GB may not be worth it for 4G Speeds. Surely you'll reach the 5GB faster.

if you normally only use 1GB of data a month and you do the same things on 4G you'll use the same amount of data.

unless you spend a lot of time waiting for stuff to buffer

Davie89 wrote: »
    Thats not too bad - is the 24 per month just for the first six months as posted above?

Yeah 24 euro for first 6 months and 39 euro from then on. There was a mention of possibly knocking a bit more of the first few bills too.

I forgot to say though, the deal is only open to eircom customers. I'm not an eircom customer but I can link it to my parents account, though it does also sign my parents up to a new contract also. Not a problem for them as they wont be moving provider any time soon.

I am a bit concerened about the 5GB of data though, I've used over 5GB in this billing period already but this is the first time I have gone over the 5GB I think. My average usage is 3 to 4GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Yeah 24 euro for first 6 months and 39 euro from then on. There was a mention of possibly knocking a bit more of the first few bills too.

I forgot to say though, the deal is only open to eircom customers. I'm not an eircom customer but I can link it to my parents account, though it does also sign my parents up to a new contract also. Not a problem for them as they wont be moving provider any time soon.

I am a bit concerened about the 5GB of data though, I've used over 5GB in this billing period already but this is the first time I have gone over the 5GB I think. My average usage is 3 to 4GB.

you might post that here if it works could you please.i was going to do the same thing.i presume it will just be on their bill then yea?

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »
    you might post that here if it works could you please.i was going to do the same thing.i presume it will just be on their bill then yea?

I haven't decided if I'm going to go for this deal or not but I will update if I do.

Just to be clear, I was told I can do this and its not a problem and I will still receive my separate bill as normal.

Advertisement