Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Have people looked at lycamobile-€29 for unlimited everything. Don't know much about them or how good they are etc

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

dinneenp wrote: »
    Have people looked at lycamobile-€29 for unlimited everything. Don't know much about them or how good they are etc

From the T&C's:
    Unlimited usage is subject to a variation of speed from 3G to 2G for usage beyond 1GB during the month per SIM to ensure unlimited usage for all customers

I'm sure that would put many off.

And any catch with 48? The Don deal offers all calls, texts and 5gb for €20. Seems a great deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Only downside I can think of is their speeds are capped at 2Mbps (IIRC). If that doesn't bother you then it's a great offer.
    Thanks. What kind of speeds are other networks?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Anyone know how much the Galaxy S4 is on the upgrade with Carphone Warehouse?

I have to question the people claiming to have gotten an upgrade to the 5s for around 300 euro in carphone warehouse and stayed on the 34.50 plan.

I went in today and that's the second time (in different) months and both times have gotten quoted the exact same price as emobile direct 499. They are obviously logging into the system which is linked to emobile so I don't see how they could give away the phones for less as some have claimed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

I don't think they apply that cap any more. I just got 7Mbps here at heuston with speed test.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭boardtc

I checked upgrade with carphone warehouse today. I can stay on the 34.50 plan on an 18 month contract:
    • S4 €210
    • Sony Z1 compact €320
    • Sony Z1 €200
    • HTC One €150

I asked about the 24pm plan, it's 2 years, 24 for first 6 months and 39 pm afterwards, which averages at 35.25pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

dinneenp wrote: »
    And any catch with 48? The Don deal offers all calls, texts and 5gb for €20. Seems a great deal...

Calls and texts are to Irish mobiles/Landlines only

Cap must be gone m8 as I get 6-7Mbps regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

With 48 don't you only get 60mins to Landlines? And can't dial things like 0818 numbers if you desperately need to. One of the most annoying things for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

With 48 don't you only get 60mins to Landlines? And can't dial things like 0818 numbers if you desperately need to. One of the most annoying things for me.

Yep 60mins to landlines but I seldom dial landlines anymore tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

20 a month isn't bad I suppose if you leave around 5euro in the balance for dialling 0818 numbers and 1890 numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I have to question the people claiming to have gotten an upgrade to the 5s for around 300 euro in carphone warehouse and stayed on the 34.50 plan.

I went in today and that's the second time (in different) months and both times have gotten quoted the exact same price as emobile direct 499. They are obviously logging into the system which is linked to emobile so I don't see how they could give away the phones for less as some have claimed.

In my experience (just before Christmas) they quoted the cheaper price, as others have mentioned.

However, I decided to follow through and avail of the offer on the spot, and the guy rang someone and said that due to **insert random t&c bollox** I would only be offered almost retail prices as I was on "such a good deal"

I know that one or two have gotten the lower upgrade prices, but has someone actually gone through with the carphone warehouse proposal at the lower rate recently?

I too would like to know the answer to the above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

chases0102 wrote: »
    I too would like to know the answer to the above

I'm not quite on that plan. I pay 39.50 a month. It was a friends & family deal I got about 2.5 years ago.

I got my iPhone 5s on the 10th of Jan and paid €279 for the phone and signed a 12 month contract.

And was that through Carphone Warehouse?

Thinking of upgrading my s3 to the s4...

And on the 34.50 per month deal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

chases0102 wrote: »
    And was that through Carphone Warehouse?

Thinking of upgrading my s3 to the s4...

Yea sorry I failed to mention that. I went into an eMobile shop and was quoted crazy money and minimum 18 month contract so needless to say I jumped at the car phone warehouse price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread, but 3 do a fantastic deal on PAYG. When you top up by €20, you get unlimited data, free any network texts, free 3 calls/texts, free any network calls at weekends, and you keep the €20 to use after the month ends. I've sworn by it for as long as I can remember, amazing deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

I have been trying over the last few months to change tariff to the €32 per month all inclusive sim only 30 day contract with eMobile. It is like banging my head off a brick wall.

A good 7 or 8 calls from me to eMobile with them telling me they have to get authorization to change an existing eMobile bill pay to the eMobile sim only on-line offer. They promise they will make the switch but with every new bill I can see they haven't done it.

I am going to look into recording telephone conversations with these utility companies. I deal with Vodafone as well who are just as bad, it's not possible to speak with Vodafones accounting team anymore for instance.

Anyone have a good app for recording telephone conversation?

strongback wrote: »
    Anyone have a good app for recording telephone conversation?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.record.my.call&hl=en

If you're using Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Why is the 24e p/m plan (for those WITH an eircom account) only get 5gb whereas those who pay the 32e p/m get 15GB??

Also, is there MMS included in the 'unlimited texts' package?

I moved to the 32 p/m plan there a week ago and its great so far!! Not gettin my first bill til the 5th of next month, the girl in the shop said the first bill will be one and a half months, 50 something euro, then back to normal on the 5th of every month after that. Loving it, so far, so good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread, but 3 do a fantastic deal on PAYG. When you top up by €20, you get unlimited data, free any network texts, free 3 calls/texts, free any network calls at weekends, and you keep the €20 to use after the month ends. I've sworn by it for as long as I can remember, amazing deal.

Why would they, as it's a thread about eMobile. Start a new thread if yo think its a good deal, but don't forget to mention their amazing customer service

whiterebel wrote: »
    Why would they, as it's a thread about eMobile. Start a new thread if yo think its a good deal, but don't forget to mention their amazing customer service
    No need for the hostility :confused: It's hardly an untold thing on the forum to recommend another similar deal. I'm not a fanboy, but it's excellent value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭dubrov

Have to agree. The party has ended on this deal so everyone is looking for something similar to move to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cydoniac wrote: »
    No need for the hostility :confused: It's hardly an untold thing on the forum to recommend another similar deal. I'm not a fanboy, but it's excellent value for money.

Hostility? You must lead a sheltered life if you think that's hostile.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

dubrov wrote: »
    Have to agree. The party has ended on this deal so everyone is looking for something similar to move to.

it's not really a like for like deal though. The unlimited minutes are restricted to weekends as opposed to all times. I know it's cheaper bit that would make it a bit different of a deal

Advertisement