Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

any updates on this? is there any discount on phones worth talking about at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

any updates on this? is there any discount on phones worth talking about at all?

A mate at work rang CPW looking for the type of good deal mentioned on this thread (HTC One for 150)

He was immediately asked if he was on the discounted deal and then quoted full whack prices.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I rang last week.
    These were Feb prices but she said they might change this month....(some chance. :()

HTC one 299
    Note 3 439
    Nokia 1020 299
    Nokia 925 169

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Emobile really don't want to keep us as customers I think.

I left and best move ever, gone to Tesco, top up by €15 euro a month when registered with clubcard and get free calls or text for the next 30 days and keep your €15, I went for the free calls and buy the 10000 text bundle for €10 for 30 days. I have a free 5gb data for 3 months as well. There was issue with the free data being applied and customer service sorted it quickly. I'm using €5 clubcard vouchers to buy the credit so it's costing me nada

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭bewhiched

So I wonder what free phones there offering I'm due my upgrade in April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Tesco 30 euro 10000 mins/texts and 15gb us surely the best deal out there

Just left emobile - 3 calls to customer services, 3 emails and a thread on letstalk before I got confirmation of cancellation. Nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Still think the 30 day notice account for €24pm with 5gig 4Gdata/all calls+texts is pretty good...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭babydoc

bewhiched wrote: »
    So I wonder what free phones there offering I'm due my upgrade in April

i was due an upgade in december.
    havea s3 at present.
    told wut wud be 400e+ to upgrade to s4.
    they can **** off. wait for s5, cancel and renew contract maybe with vodafone
    emobile may be best deal but crap coverage in border areas and other parts of country like enniscrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

bidiots wrote: »
    Still think the 30 day notice account for €24pm with 5gig 4Gdata/all calls+texts is pretty good...

Eircom customers only though

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

is 48 age restricted?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    is 48 age restricted?

No, just put your age between 18 and 22 when you sign up.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

i left O2 after my 6 months and moved to 48 on to find out I couldnt pay for my parking by phone. Went to three and stayed a week, I couldnt get data and got a poor phone signal in cabra with Three giving no end to it. Now with emobile on the unlimited plan for 32 a month...so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eoin wrote: »
    I just got a call from eMobile.

They're looking to change the plan (same benefits; but with 4G as a free upgrade) to 39 per month, but 24 per month for the first 6 months.

Unless my maths is appalling; the 10 per month reduction for 6 months, will cancel out the extra 5 per month for 12 months following that.

The cost to upgrade to an iPhone 5S:
    16GB: 329 18 month contract / 279 24 month contract
    32GB: 429 18 month contract /379 24 month contract

I went for this today in the end - it's a 5GB limit per month instead of 15GB, but I'd be surprised if I used 5GB across 6 months. Didn't bother with a 32GB one as it still wouldn't hold all my music.

They tried to tell me that the 24 per month for the first 6 months was for new customers, but when I pushed them, the discount was applied. So over all, it costs the same across an 18 month contract.

They also offered a 140 discount if I trade in my 4S 32GB. They seem to sell for a lot more, but my kid has scratched the hell out of it, so I might just do that and save myself from the usual time wasters on adverts.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I rang last week.
    These were Feb prices but she said they might change this month....(some chance. :()

HTC one 299
    Note 3 439
    Nokia 1020 299
    Nokia 925 169

Looks like I was wrong...

So I called today.
    I was told by the first guy that my upgrade was due on the end of march. Then the upgrade team said no. Not till the end of April.

Then I enquired about the price of the Nokia 925 and it has jumped from 169 to 219!

Some shower tbh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

Just rang them to see my upgrade options, as everyone else is getting quoted its 349 for the S4, 499 for iphone and 299 for the HTC. Seems I should move networks, what routes have people taken? Tesco i presume and purchase a sim free handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭sue97

Is there any easy way to analyze your bill and figure out how much calls, data, etc I actually use and will decide what to do based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

jasonhn wrote: »
    Just rang them to see my upgrade options, as everyone else is getting quoted its 349 for the S4, 499 for iphone and 299 for the HTC. Seems I should move networks, what routes have people taken? Tesco i presume and purchase a sim free handset?

When I my 18 month contract finished I got a Nexus 5 sim free from Google play. I'm still with emobile as I like the 15gb allowance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

polaris68 wrote: »
    When I my 18 month contract finished I got a Nexus 5 sim free from Google play. I'm still with emobile as I like the 15gb allowance.

3 do the same data allowance for €20. I switched

I'll be sticking with plan. But feel like I should get a half decent price if I commit to another 18 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rightman

Can any of you advise if I use eircom's account number for emobile offer will this associate me personally with the actual eircom account?
    I'm just thinking what kind of effect it might have and if I can let's say put in completely different name, address etc. for the mobile plan and keep it independent from the actual eircom service (also paid separately).

Does anyone have any experience in buying a plan from emobile based on a friend's eircom account?

Would anyone get the "existing eircom customer" deal when not actually being one?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

you could have signed up like that a while ago, but now the person who signs up has to also sign up for an extra 12 months afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

godtabh wrote: »
    3 do the same data allowance for €20. I switched

whats the calls and texts story with the three offer?

what bundle is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

This post has been deleted.

ah ok, id rather a monthly contract

anyone moved onto anything better than staying on this?

im out of contract but the upgrade prices arent work hanging about for,

not an eircom customer either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

RangeR wrote: »
    eMobile €32 a month for unlimited calls, texts and 15GB data. One of the best deals around.

A note above, Three don't have a 15GB limit.

that's surely Eircom customers only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

long_b wrote: »
    that's surely Eircom customers only ?

No, I'm not an eircom customer. It's €32 30 day simonly contract for both eircom customers and no.

Sorry, I delete my post above as I realised I've posted that info before and the entire Thread is about the eMobile deal.

Edit: Admittedly, eMobile make is exceptionally hard to find simonly plans on their site. This is the link

Edit 2 : And don't call me Surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

No, I'm not an eircom customer. It's €32 30 day simonly contract for both eircom customers and no.

Sorry, I delete my post above as I realised I've posted that info before and the entire Thread is about the eMobile deal.

Edit: Admittedly, eMobile make is exceptionally hard to find simonly plans on their site. This is the link

I'm on this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

This is why I don't understand why people think Eircom are trying to "get people off" the €35 plan - when they are offering the €32 plan to everyone anyway...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This is why I don't understand why people think Eircom are trying to "get people off" the €35 plan - when they are offering the €32 plan to everyone anyway...?

I don't think Eircom want them off it, they just don't want to give them a subsidised phone when they're on it.

Advertisement