Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Signed up for the 32 euro a month plan on the 14th February. They said my first bill of 1 and a half month ( half months usage plus a months in advance) will be taken out the 5th of March. It wasnt. Rang on around the 10th (I only use my bank card for paying insurance etc so I put cash in when a bill is due, I have no direct payments to my account so with the cash still in for the phone bill and car insurance coming up, I didn't want them muddled and not knowing how much i actually paid for the phone bill - incase I was overcharged). They said my bill was 105 euro!! They never had me registered on the 32 plan. The guy on the phone apologised and changed it for me, then said my bill was 64 ( 2 months instead of 1.5) and that it will be taken out on the 18th. Still no sign of it taken out!!! I don't know whether to just cancel the direct debit and pull a legger or ring up again. I'm happy enough with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

I don't think Eircom want them off it, they just don't want to give them a subsidised phone when they're on it.

Went for Blueface (three). They have a deal on for unlimited everything for 19.50 per month ex vat, 24 incl vat during March

You're supposed to be a landline customer but they let me avail of this

Bit clunky to see up vmail etc but grand now, plus they email you wav files of your voicemails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Went for Blueface (three). They have a deal on for unlimited everything for 19.50 per month ex vat, 24 incl vat during March

Bit clunky to see up vmail etc but grand now, plus they email you wav files of your

voicemails!
    Linky please

Linky please

Blueface.ie

The offer was an email sent to customers / former customers (I'm the latter), but give them a call - number on website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I'm on the old deal due to finish soon
    Rang up
    A €499 for iPhone 5s upgrade to remain on same plan €34.50 per month
    B €279 for iPhone 5s as a new customer on similar plan data down to 5gb but 4g speed €32 per month
    C Sim only , no phone cost and €24 per month
    D I can go on business plan as I have a vat no keep current plan plus
    free uk calls and texts up to 1500 mins and text
    free use orange network when in uk up to 1500 mins and text
    250 mins in eur and us and 1/4 gb per month when abroad
    €99 for iphone 5s over 24 months
    €249 for iphone 5s over 18momths
    €349 for iPhone 5s over 12 months & €35+vat =€43 per month on each plan

Cost of each plan over 24 months
    A=€1327
    B=€1047
    C=€576. & €699 for iPhone 5s off apple
    Total =&€1275
    D='€1131

Plan A too expensive
    Plan C you are free to move at 30 days notice as it's sim only and phone is unlocked

For me it's a toss up between b & d if I was to change today
    D is a bit dearer &€3.50 per month over 24 months
    But it has 15gb and the uk us and eur extra bits

In all honesty I will probably go to the €24 per month sim only plan and wait for the next iphone in sept
    See what e mobile offers are then or buy direct from apple

And all of this is as an Eircom landline subscriber
    Afaik the plans also tie your land line for either 12 or 18 months also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

Linky please

see attachment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Is the chimp on their customercare team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm looking at alternatives. The eMobile biz unlimited plan looks like a good tariff. Not as good as the original 35/month offer. (thanks to the OP!)

eMobile biz unlimited plan is 35 EUR ex. VAT (43.05 inc. VAT) gives you:

15gb data in ROI (4G enabled)
    Unlimited calls to landlines in ROI
    Unlimited calls to mobiles and texts in the ROI + UK
    250MB data roaming in EU + US
    1500 minutes roaming in EU + US
    1500 texts roaming in EU + US

It's on an 18 month or 24 month contract.

Example of phones available on 18 month contract - Samsung S4 is 99*, iPhone 5S 16GB is 249*, Note 3 is 249*
    * Note, it doesn't say on the flyer if the phone prices are VAT ex or inc. Presume they are ex VAT?

Roaming in the EU is ending Dec2015, however you've 21 months until then. I only ever go 12 or 18 month contracts myself.

Anyway, the above might suit someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

Bit clunky to see up vmail etc but grand now, plus they email you wav files of your voicemails!

Just checked out that package and the fair usage policy is below:

5,000 call minutes to UK and Ireland mobile and landline
    1,000 SMS texts
    2.5GB data

Think I'll stick with Eircom E32 deal with the 15 gigs instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

plu wrote: »

Fair enough but that's ONLY open to eircom customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rightman

RangeR wrote: »
    Fair enough but that's ONLY open to eircom customers.

Plus it forces you to renew the landline contract for another 12 months...

That's a big one for me! There are much better offers from UPC or even SKY

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

rightman wrote: »

It's actually 18 months AFAIK.....dealbreaker for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

rightman wrote: »

That's a big one for me! There are much better offers from UPC or even SKY

It didn't for me as I had only signed up 2 months previously. Actually I rang cancellations, and told them I was leaving because I couldn't get the €24/m deal and she put me straight on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Blueface.ie

The offer was an email sent to customers / former customers (I'm the latter), but give them a call - number on website.

I got on to them and got the following offer:

Ulimited Calls, texts & data in Ireland - €19.50 + VAT per month.

Unlimited Calls, texts & data in Ireland & U.K. - €23.50 + VAT per month.

Excellent offers,imo, if there are no network or other unseen problems:).

I got on to them and got the following offer:

Ulimited Calls, texts & data in Ireland - €19.50 + VAT per month.

Unlimited Calls, texts & data in Ireland & U.K. - €23.50 + VAT per month.

Excellent offers,imo, if there are no network or other unseen problems:).

What network do they use ?

I asked them that. This is the answer I got:

"We traffic the calls over our own network and we use the masts of Three for coverage around Ireland with fallover to vodafone."

To all intents & purposes that means the Three network. That makes no change for me as I'm already with Three & out of contract. I use 3g at home, but revert to 2g when I'm on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Can you tether with them?

loopymum wrote: »
    Can you tether with them?

Well, I may be wrong, but if you have unlimited data .........

No doubt the devil is in the detail. I have not seen any T & Cs for the mobile plans on that website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

No doubt the devil is in the detail. I have not seen any T & Cs for the mobile plans on that website.

Yeah, I know what you mean but I was going to sign up with 3 for a plan 2 years ago till I realised that they had changed their terms and conditions and tethering was no longer allowed. I could just imagine the bills:mad: if they decided to enforce the no tethering and fine people.

I probably would chance it on a payg though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yep, be careful with the tethering - I think Vodafone charged extra, even if you were still under your bandwidth cap. I'm not sure how they can tell where the traffic comes from though; is a different APN used?

Eoin wrote: »
    Yep, be careful with the tethering - I think Vodafone charged extra, even if you were still under your bandwidth cap. I'm not sure how they can tell where the traffic comes from though; is a different APN used?

I don't know, as I have'nt signed up yet. But Blueface are using 3's network so there may be a limit. No doubt when one signs up , you will get the full gory details:).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Robbieol

loopymum wrote: »
    Yeah, I know what you mean but I was going to sign up with 3 for a plan 2 years ago till I realised that they had changed their terms and conditions and tethering was no longer allowed. I could just imagine the bills:mad: if they decided to enforce the no tethering and fine people.

I probably would chance it on a payg though
    Even though they say it's not allowed, you can still tether on 3 for free. At least on payg anyway

I don't know, as I have'nt signed up yet. But Blueface are using 3's network so there may be a limit. No doubt when one signs up , you will get the full gory details:).

Tethering not allowed on Blueface

Don't know how they can tell though?

They have it flagged on their system. . I asked

It's very easy to tell if, for example, the phone is Android but non android traffic is flowing through it's connection. Not difficult at all.

It's very easy to tell if, for example, the phone is Android but non android traffic is flowing through it's connection. Not difficult at all.

Would they be able to tell if tethering an android tablet ?

Would they be able to tell if tethering an android tablet ?

I'm not going to assist in breaking T's & C's, but it's not difficult :)

I'm not going to assist in breaking T's & C's, but it's not difficult :)

Was an honest question. You said they could detect non Android traffic. Since an Android tablet is.... Well.... Android :)

• Advertisement

Was an honest question. You said they could detect non Android traffic. Since an Android tablet is.... Well.... Android :)

Yes, non androud traffic, if for example, you were connecting your laptop. However a Tablet may have different internet signatures to a phone, Android or not. I really don't want to elaborate more as the more I elaborate, the more I assist in breaking T's & C's.

Having said that, they may not have the technology in place and breaking, or not, the T's & C's would be a choice you have to make.

What I do, is move to a network that embraces Tethering therefore conscience is clean.

Advertisement