Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tazdogue

Started a thread in the eircom section asking about the outrageous phone prices on upgrades if anyone wants a rant:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057180992

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

tazdogue wrote: »
    Started a thread in the eircom section asking about the outrageous phone prices on upgrades if anyone wants a rant:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057180992

Asking the same question repeatedly will get you a long way with the rep I'm sure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭sue97

loublue wrote: »
    Hi
    Is there an internet link ?
    What store did you see this in?
    Is it only the 4s?

Tesco Claire Hall, only launched yesterday, I only know what was listed on the ad card - Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Might be of some help...

I signed up when this first came out and am well out of contract now. Emobile were quoting crazy prices for an upgrade, all I wanted was an S4 and it was well over €300. On the off chance went into Carphone Warehouse, managed to keep the same deal, unlimited calls, texts and data, same price etc, 18 month contract and got the S4 for €149. The very helpful girl mentioned something about their system was not fully updated so they were able to put through the offer. Not sure how or why but I am happy I got the phone at that price and was assured it was the same unlimited staff deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭boardtc

Can confirm I upgraded to HTC One at carphone warehouse in February for €150 and kept same unlimited deal for 34.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

Just got the S5. Checked a few of the providers and settled on 179 euro @40 per month from three. 15gb data. 4G and 350 flex units (I text with WhatsApp and Facebook messenger 90% of time so it's 300mins I'll probably have)

Vodafone had unlimited texts. 400 min. and phone was 50 euro (100euro off over easter) so looked really good
    No 4G and lowish data put me off though.
    Other providers are like 300 euro at 40 a month..
    Really liking this 4G. Am south of Dublin and have 30mb upload and 15mb download everywhere give or take. Netflix on public transport might be a viable option at last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

kenyard wrote: »
    Just got the S5. Checked a few of the providers and settled on 179 euro @40 per month from three. 15th data. 4G and 350 flex units
    Vodafone had unlimited texts. 400 min. and phone was 50 euro (100euro off over easter)
    No 4G and lowish data put me off though.
    Really liking this 4G. Am south of Dublin and have 30mb upload and 15mb download everywhere give or take. Netflix on public transport might be a viable option at last

Is that with an 18 month contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I paid €180 to upgrade to a HTC One last November. Thought it was a fair price(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cheers for the info above lads... going to move to the 3 Sim only 30-day Business plan and save myself 10-15 quid a month, with a lot more benefits thrown in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep on the same deal now :) my own sim free 5s and 24 a month on a 30 day contract

winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Cheers for the info above lads... going to move to the 3 Sim only 30-day Business plan and save myself 10-15 quid a month, with a lot more benefits thrown in :)

I went with three and left after a few days to tesco mobile

The three network is terrible, expecially the ability to penetrate walls. Meaning some parts of the house had two bars, others none. And according to site viewer I'm near a three mast

I talked to three customer support, beyond terrible

I went with three and left after a few days to tesco mobile

The three network is terrible, expecially the ability to penetrate walls. Meaning some parts of the house had two bars, others none. And accord

I've had 3 PAYG and broadband in the apartment before (South Dublin) and it's ok so hopefully won't be an issue for me.

If it is though (and thanks for the heads up :)), it's only a 30-day contract so can always cancel it.

For me the benefit of being cheaper for the same thing I was getting from eMobile, but with 4G thrown in, better roaming options and a dedicated business team (vs the generally awful consumer level support from most networks) makes it a no-brainer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I've had 3 PAYG and broadband in the apartment before (South Dublin) and it's ok so hopefully won't be an issue for me.

If it is though (and thanks for the heads up :)), it's only a 30-day contract so can always cancel it.

For me the benefit of being cheaper for the same thing I was getting from eMobile, but with 4G thrown in, better roaming options and a dedicated business team (vs the generally awful consumer level support from most networks) makes it a no-brainer :)

4G is included in the emobile 30 day plan now I think

long_b wrote: »
    4G is included in the emobile 30 day plan now I think

I don't get it on my current one (which was a half price deal after a LOT of hassle with them a few years back - I posted about it before) so moving would mean I'd lose that package. Also, since I originally signed up I've moved and no longer have a landline (so no eircom discount)

Also eMobile's 4G is going to be 5GB or something shortly and billable? Yer man quoted me 60GB plus tethering on 3 - but even if it's only 15GB "unlimited" that's still what I get now and more than I need as I have wi-Fi everywhere and not a big app/mobile web user anyway (never far from a laptop/tablet)

Still, I'll give it a go and see how it works out.

[EDIT] Just spotted on the Terms & Conditions page that the limit is supposedly 15GB and no tethering is allowed. As it also mentions a 12 month contract I'm not sure if the link is right on their end as this is 30 day, so I've emailed the rep for confirmation [/EDIT]

the three plan is 4g and 15gb i think

on the business plan you get irish customer support aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I don't get it on my current one (which was a half price deal after a LOT of hassle with them a few years back - I posted about it before) so moving would mean I'd lose that package. Also, since I originally signed up I've moved and no longer have a landline (so no eircom discount)

Also eMobile's 4G is going to be 5GB or something shortly and billable? Yer man quoted me 60GB plus tethering on 3 - but even if it's only 15GB "unlimited" that's still what I get now and more than I need as I have wi-Fi everywhere and not a big app/mobile web user anyway (never far from a laptop/tablet)

Still, I'll give it a go and see how it works out.

[EDIT] Just spotted on the Terms & Conditions page that the limit is supposedly 15GB and no tethering is allowed. As it also mentions a 12 month contract I'm not sure if the link is right on their end as this is 30 day, so I've emailed the rep for confirmation [/EDIT]

Can you tell me more about the three deal please? I thought tethering wasn't allowed now?

loopymum wrote: »
    Can you tell me more about the three deal please? I thought tethering wasn't allowed now?

Well I've just spoken to the rep and he assures me it is on Business plans (but not consumer) but I've asked for confirmation of that and the data limit in writing/an email.

The limit doesn't really bother me as 15GB is more than enough for my needs (but 60GB is better again of course) but tethering would be a must have really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Well I've just spoken to the rep and he assures me it is on Business plans (but not consumer) but I've asked for confirmation of that and the data limit in writing/an email.

The limit doesn't really bother me as 15GB is more than enough for my needs (but 60GB is better again of course) but tethering would be a must have really.

Tethering is allowed on the business accounts, just note residential.

It's not a 15GB limit. The T's & C's state that they MAY limit your usage over 15GB. However, there are many people stating that they are using multiples of that a month with no consequence.

RangeR wrote: »
    Tethering is allowed on the business accounts, just note residential.

It's not a 15GB limit. The T's & C's state that they MAY limit your usage over 15GB. However, there are many people stating that they are using multiples of that a month with no consequence.

Do you have a link to that plan ?

Do you have a link to that plan ?

No. I have friends on the plan. As far as I know, it's a two phone minimum for business accounts. Best to ring them.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I found it and had a look at the terms and conditions, it's a bit confusing really. It says minimum 12 months term and further down says 30 days notice.
    Also says no tethering

Thanks, I found it and had a look at the terms and conditions, it's a bit confusing really. It says minimum 12 months term and further down says 30 days notice.
    Also says no tethering

30 days notice after contract term.
    It doesn't mention tethering because it's not restricted. If a clause isn't mentioned, it's allowed.... generally.

Just to update this from my perspective as I'm going ahead with the changeover next week.

Having spoken to the rep again, the Sim-Only Business Package includes:
    - Free calls and texts to Irish mobiles
    - Free calls to Irish and NI landlines
    - Free voicemail
    - All you can Eat data (60GB fair use limit he says)
    - 3 Like Home package (free calls/texts to Ireland on certain 3 networks)
    - Tethering is permitted he says
    - Minimum of 2 mobiles required on the a/c (no handsets provided of course)
    - 30 day rolling contract
    - Can contact their Business support team for any issues

For €20 ex-VAT (per mobile) per month.

I've sent on the forms, received confirmation that they're ok, so I'd expect the SIM to be sent early-mid next week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Can I ask what forms you need for the 3 business sim only plan? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

So with this 15e Tesco deal, what does this mean:

"Eg - €15 Top could give you:

UNLIMITED calls to any mobile or landline and
    UNLIMITED texts to any mobile or
    5Gb of Data or
    1Gb of Data
    Keep the balance to spend on International calls or day to day usage."

What does that OR that I highlighted means? That it's either unlimited minutes / txts OR data?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

you get unlimited calls
    you then have 15 euro for anything you want
    I chose the unlimited texts 10 euro which left me 5 euro. and with the 5 euro I got 1gb of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Can I ask what forms you need for the 3 business sim only plan? Thanks.

They send you a business registration form to fill in:

Company details
    Type of business
    Sole trader or limited
    Vat number
    Type of phones you're bringing
    Copy of you're last mobile bill
    Bank statement in company name
    Direct debit mandate etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Can confirm also guys I got the HTC One (M7) on the emobile upgrade from cardphone warehouse for 99e.

Kept the 34.50 for another 18 months

Not bad in my opinion just a shame I couldn't buy direct from an emobile store and had to go to a third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

SmallBalls wrote: »
    They send you a business registration form to fill in:

Company details
    Type of business
    Sole trader or limited
    Vat number
    Type of phones you're bringing
    Copy of you're last mobile bill
    Bank statement in company name
    Direct debit mandate etc.

If you're not VAT registered, can you still apply?

• Advertisement

If you're not VAT registered, can you still apply?

yes

Advertisement