Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Was quoted €469 for the S5 today on this plan, ill be moving network i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

So can a regular person just sign up for this? Do we need a VAT number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Davie89 wrote: »
    Can confirm also guys I got the HTC One (M7) on the emobile upgrade from cardphone warehouse for 99e.

Kept the 34.50 for another 18 months

Not bad in my opinion just a shame I couldn't buy direct from an emobile store and had to go to a third party.

What carphone warehouse store was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

So can a regular person just sign up for this? Do we need a VAT number?

Literally look two posts up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Ha, yeah, mobile browsing late at night is not good for gathering all the information!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just rang up about my upgrade.

Got quoted 419 for iPhone 5s for 34.50 for 18 months

Or

199 for iPhone 5s for the unlimited calls texts and 5gb of data for 40.50 for 24 months.

Think I will wait to see what the iPhone 6 brings

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

If anyone is leaning towards this Bargin don't be too speedy with your decision. There is a lot of underlying costs I had to pay including a €70 deposit which I don't get back for 6 months!!
    My first bill was 3x the normal rate which really annoyed me.

Also, I basically signed up for this to get my new phone and the 4G coverage. What a huge let down it has been, eMobile 4G speeds are only hitting 25Mbps, Vodafone can touch 60Mbps. A guy in work has HSDPA+ and he's getting 22Mbps with Vodafone!!

Its a decent plan but just make sure you know exactly what you are getting/paying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm on eMobile and can get 60mb at times no problem on 4G. Granted this is around Dublin mostly.

Renewing this offer isn't as attractive as it used to be, I believe there are offers out there now that are similarly priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

I'm on eMobile and can get 60mb at times no problem on 4G. Granted this is around Dublin mostly.

Renewing this offer isn't as attractive as it used to be, I believe there are offers out there now that are similarly priced.

I'm just off pearse st. so coverage should be fine.

what phone are you using??? would you be a darling and post your APN settings etc?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Does anybody know if the €35 pm sim only plan is 4G it's comes with 15gb of data pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

S5 from eMobile. APN is data.mymeteor.ie with all other settings pretty much blank.
    skeg16 wrote: »
    I'm just off pearse st. so coverage should be fine.

what phone are you using??? would you be a darling and post your APN settings etc?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

was on today about the iPhone 6. Same job....419 to stay on 34.50 plan.

Alternatively if your an eircom customer or no someone who is you can get it for 199 and 24e for 6 months and 39 for 6 months but the internet is reduced to 5gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

ive been on this plan for years - its the initial offer on 3G - i have been suffering crap speeds over a few months now.

0.7 down is the best i get anytime of the day. when i used to get 3-8mb

i think they are throttling... anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Been on this plan also for nearly 3 years, great value. Out of contract next month and am thinking of upgrading my s3. Last time I was due an upgrade, I was going to switch to 3 and they offered me an s3 for €49,which I took. Doubt I'll get an s5 for same price this time around..... Has anyone got any good upgrade offers from them lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Been on this plan also for nearly 3 years, great value. Out of contract next month and am thinking of upgrading my s3. Last time I was due an upgrade, I was going to switch to 3 and they offered me an s3 for €49,which I took. Doubt I'll get an s5 for same price this time around..... Has anyone got any good upgrade offers from them lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

BArra wrote: »
    ive been on this plan for years - its the initial offer on 3G - i have been suffering crap speeds over a few months now.

And there I thought it was just me. Not sure if it's specific to this plan though, or maybe meteor/emobile are just trying to encourage everyone to 4G by presenting a greater speed difference between the two. I really started to notice it when updating apps over 3G became immensely slower, whereas before I was happy to with the combination of speed and data allowance.

cython wrote: »
    And there I thought it was just me. Not sure if it's specific to this plan though, or maybe meteor/emobile are just trying to encourage everyone to 4G by presenting a greater speed difference between the two. I really started to notice it when updating apps over 3G became immensely slower, whereas before I was happy to with the combination of speed and data allowance.

Why is it not more apparent, why are more people not complaining?

YouTube is near unusable, my emails sometimes fail to send even.

Emobile forum suggests a new SIM, no reported issues.

I'm astonished by how bad it's got

was on today about the iPhone 6. Same job....419 to stay on 34.50 plan.

Alternatively if your an eircom customer or no someone who is you can get it for 199 and 24e for 6 months and 39 for 6 months but the internet is reduced to 5gb.

Probably just a typo by you but it's 39*18 months (not 6 months).

I moved to this plan yesterday from the 34.50. iPhone 6 was 220 cheaper and the plan is the same bar getting less data and 5Gb is enough for my useage. It's also 4G rather than 3G. The plan averages out at basically the same monthly price over the 24 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

cython wrote: »

Mine got terrible and my o/h. Moved to 48 until I want an upgrade.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

tonic wine wrote: »
    Mine got terrible and my o/h. Moved to 48 until I want an upgrade.

Hmmm, I thought it was just me...
    Got an upgrade on the plan a few months ago and noticed a drop in speed, got a new sim and it was just as bad...

Have speedtests recorded from before the upgrade and after and theres a noticeable drop...

Might go into a shop to do a comparison there to prove it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Have been noticing much slower download speeds over the past few weeks as well. Definitely something fishy going on here. I'll do some more testing with speedtest.

Mine never goes above 0.7mb download, usually a lot worse.

The cynic in me thinks emobile want people to change plans, step one was raise price of phone upgrades, step two, throttle data speed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

Mine never goes above 0.7mb download, usually a lot worse.

The cynic in me thinks emobile want people to change plans, step one was raise price of phone upgrades, step two, throttle data speed

You can’t seriously believe they're purposely throttling customer’s speeds in the hope that it will encourage them to move to a different package? That goes against any sane thinking. In most cases, the customer would just leave to a competitor.

Where are you testing the speed? Are you behind thick walls, indoors, is there a large population in the area connecting to the mast, what time of the day are you doing the tests, try changing the sim, try testing a different phone, try doing the test closer to the mast to see if your distance is the problem using this mast locator:

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

I've just completed a speed test and am getting 5.8 mbps down and 1.2 up which is very good IMO for 3G, you'd be hard pushed to beat it (iPhone 4s).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

On this package and just done two tests in Cork city centre in the past hour and got approx. 6.5 up and 1 down so that's not too bad.

I've tried it across cork and county connecting to various masts in good areas. I have an app called open signal that tells me what masts I'm connected to and distance from. Tried indoors, outdoors, during week, during weekend. Places I could stream YouTube no longer let me due to speed or lack there of.

Are you using the Eircom APN or meteor APN? Are you both on the original 34.50 select unlimited plan still?

My speed tests months ago are in stark contrast to what I'm getting now. Nothing has changed on my phone.

And yes I believe emobile want people off this plan, it was introduced to gain market share. They raised the price of upgrades and even try to sell you off the plan with alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Im on meteor and have the exact same issues. There is a thread over on talk to meteor were several people have complained and meteor come up with the usual BS, you need a new sim, get new sim same problem, to far from the mast, nope I can see it from my house (about 1/4 km), its your phone, nope have tried another phone, might be to many people connected to that mast, nope it happens all across Dublin for me.
    Interestingly my friend got an iphone from them about 6 months ago and I ran a speed test on her phone and was getting about 12Mb, then ran a speed test on my phone (HTC one) and got 0.7Mb, both phones were on 3G. In the morning before 8am my phone was getting 18Mb, after 8am around 1Mb.

Link to talk to meteor thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057277702

They are offering the same deal now as a sim only option for the same price so while I think they don't want people getting cheap phones on the plan (hence the fact they charge a lot for upgrades) I don't see why they want to force people off it when they are still offering the same deal as a sim only plan.

I did think they were trying to get people off it myself until they started the sim only with the same terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

They are offering the same deal now as a sim only option for the same price so while I think they don't want people getting cheap phones on the plan (hence the fact they charge a lot for upgrades) I don't see why they want to force people off it when they are still offering the same deal as a sim only plan.

I did think they were trying to get people off it myself until they started the sim only with the same terms.

Is the sim only plan 15GB of data? Because we all know unlimited means anything but. It's 5GB they are offering and they most definitely are trying to get people off the f&f package. Why else would they make the upgrades as expensive as if you were buying the phone straight out?

My internet speed has also been terrible for weeks.

goz83 wrote: »
    Is the sim only plan 15GB of data? Because we all know unlimited means anything but. It's 5GB they are offering and they most definitely are trying to get people off the f&f package. Why else would they make the upgrades as expensive as if you were buying the phone straight out?

My internet speed has also been terrible for weeks.

Yes they have a new sim only plan offering exactly the same as the f&f package http://www.emobile.ie/non-eircom-customer-sim-only-plans/.

I'm on the f&f package myself and now that people are mentioning it I have noticed my internet speeds a bit patchy over the last while. I've changed to the new plan now though when upgrading to the iPhone 6 (unlimited + 5gb of 4g data) so will be interesting to see what that's like speed wise. I'll be in the old plan another week though as it will change with the billing cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Probably just a typo by you but it's 39*18 months (not 6 months).

I moved to this plan yesterday from the 34.50. iPhone 6 was 220 cheaper and the plan is the same bar getting less data and 5Gb is enough for my useage. It's also 4G rather than 3G. The plan averages out at basically the same monthly price over the 24 months.
    Thinking about getting this plan but just wondering if it's for existing customers? Also how much did the phone cost you?

Advertisement