Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of buying a Lid online

• 13-05-2012 4:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any stories to share with buying a lid online, good or bad?

I'm looking at ordering a Viper RS, seems like a really good lid from what i've read, almost sounds too good to be true though for that price.
    link

Link a review

Is there anything i should looking at for sizes in different countries? like my medium lid here in ireland could be a small in france or something like that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I can only comment about the size. They are international. So large will be the same large in IE or France. But before the order its always better find a place where they are selling them and choose the right fit/size.
    I mean try it on in person.

And the price is right. Seller with good feedback, so you cant go wrong with that purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

The one thing that would worry me buying a lid online is indeed the size as BikerGuy has said. But it's not just the size. It's the shape. Some shells don't suit some heads. I impulsively bought a Roof Boxer a good many years back and it never really fit me properly. The circumference was fine. I just felt very uncomfortable in it. I bought it because I thought it looked cool. :o

If you are going to buy a lid online, try going to a local shop and try one of the same make and model on first. It's a bit cheeky, but I wouldn't ever buy a lid without trying it on first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

You can be lucky or not. I bought a Shark from Germany a couple of years ago and it fitted me perfectly and never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Cool thanks for the tips :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Few unfavourable reviews below btw, would be worth reading...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B003X236EY/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

EDIT: Those reviews are for v131, presumably the upgraded version of the one you linked too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Bought a Shark off fc-moto.de, delivered and all was grand, then bits started falling off, sent em an email with photos, they said they'd contact the manufacturer, heard nothing since and this was about 6 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Keith186 wrote: »
    Few unfavourable reviews below btw, would be worth reading...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B003X236EY/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

EDIT: Those reviews are for v131, presumably the upgraded version of the one you linked too...

After reading those reviews i started looking at other bluetooth helmets. Anyone any experience using them? Anything you recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Never used one myself, may look into getting one though. Duchini 909 or something along those lines looked ok on amazon, haven't heard of them before though...

Think I may just buy in a bricks and mortar shop, probably won't have a great range of choice especially with bluetooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Xios wrote: »
    After reading those reviews i started looking at other bluetooth helmets. Anyone any experience using them? Anything you recommend?

Nolan are a good lid and you can get a nice bluetooth set for it. Shark do their own version, called Sharktooth and it's pretty decent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I've a Nolan N103 and it's a great helmet, well worth the €220
    http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Categories/motorradhelme-Helmets/Nolan-Helmets/Nolan-N103

Bought it there too. Definitely try it on somewhere first though. Never used the bluetooth thingie, so don't know what that's like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement