Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Script partner wanted

• 13-05-2012 6:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I'm Australian (non Jewish) looking for an Irish script partner to help write a spec TV type drama series, -in the line of Oshin which is one of the best and most sold TV dramas from Japan. It will be fiction but I want to base it on the stories about my grandmother who was born in Ireland in the late 1880's early 1890's. She lived through the 2004 Jewish riots in Limerick, worked as a child, somewhere in Ireland making Jewish cakes them later went to England and France where she worked as a nurse during World War 1. It was there she met and married my grandfather. They came out to Australia to his Catholic relatives- She hated Catholics. During the depression she made money doing other peoples washing and selling Jewish breads and cakes. She lived as a pauper but died with about 5,000 pounds under her mattress.- probably about five million dollars today. There are more stories than that and with the help of my partner we will make up even more as we go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

I honestly can`t say that I heard of any Jewish riots in 2004. You say your grandmother was there, then she was 114 years of age?

I think you are thinking of the Limerick Pogrom in the early 1900`s when the people of Limerick, destitute and wanting envied the prosperity of the local Jewish community. With the help of a local priest, they exiled the Jews from the city, from which they fled to Cork.

If you want to Private message me I can send you some articles to read that may clear up some of your confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hospas

Sorry, you're right it was 1904. She was born in 1892 according to one source but she told my mother she was 32 when she got married. That would make her born in 1889.??? She and my grandfather had two marriage certificates one held by my mother saying the marriage was held in England saying she was born 1889, and the other certificate I got a copy from my aunt's family saying the marriage was in Ireland saying she was born 1892. Perhaps one was a clerical error or was for another couple with exactly the same names and nationalities???. I have my grandfather's war record which puts the marriage at a different date to the other two- no date of births on that record???? All certificates have the same names.

Advertisement