Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pierse Foundry

Options
  • 13-05-2012 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a pic of the Foundry from about the year 2000 ie just before it was demolished?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Local papers of the time. Wexford Library will have them but I think you have to book in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

klong wrote: »
    Local papers of the time. Wexford Library will have them but I think you have to book in advance.

Nope 1986 to present are hard copies you can just go in and ask to see them any paper from 1985 back to the near beginning are digital and have to be booked in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭john47

The clock that used to be over the front door is in the porch of Tesco's, its worth a look the nxt time you are in...

John Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭john47

Actually if you contact the Library in Wexford & The Lock Out Committee they should have loads of stuff available as they have been working towards the lock-out comemorations the last 16 months.

Try contacting Davey Hynes (local Councillor, head of lock-out committee) at dhynes@indigo.ie
    or check out the wexford borough council site at http://www.wexfordboroughcouncil.ie/CouncilMatters/ElectedMembers/ for his other contact details.

Susan Kelly works in the Library - susan.kelly@wexfordcoco.ie.

John Ryan

• Advertisement
Advertisement