Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caravan window tinting

• 13-05-2012 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering if it is possible to tint the windows of a caravan? Are there any places in Munster that you would recommend?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

TheBazman wrote: »
    Hi all

Just wondering if it is possible to tint the windows of a caravan? Are there any places in Munster that you would recommend?

Cheers

You can use the same tinting film as for cars. There is a place on Childers road in Limerick if that is close to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

*Kol* wrote: »
    You can use the same tinting film as for cars. There is a place on Childers road in Limerick if that is close to you.

Do you mind me asking where abouts on the Childers road that place is?? I'd be interested in getting my car done!

alan1990 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking where abouts on the Childers road that place is?? I'd be interested in getting my car done!

Sleek FX Ltd

Unit 8 Childers rd Ind Est Limerick Co. Limerick

Phone: +353 (087)9793939

Got a car done there before. They did a good job.

(I have no association with them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I'm wanting to tint the windows of my camper.The windows are plastic so I think they would not be as smooth as glass.Anybody done plastic windows.
    Are the caravan windows plastic or glass?.

defike wrote: »
    I'm wanting to tint the windows of my camper.The windows are plastic so I think they would not be as smooth as glass.Anybody done plastic windows.
    Are the caravan windows plastic or glass?.

Caravan windows should be plastic. I imagine the tint will go on well as long as they are spotless beforehand. That would be up to the installer to take care of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Bull McCabe.

Just wondering if either of you had success with the window tinting.
    Im in the same boat, some of the perspex windows on my caravan have gone a horrible yellow colour. Looks terrible.
    I have some rolls of tint that I bought years ago and it would clean it up a good bit if i could put the tint on.
    Let me know how ye get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Finally went about the tinting.The guy said he wouldn't recommend doing plastic windows because with the glue and the heat use the film will bond permanently to the plastic.He said he could do it but i should have another think first.

Advertisement