Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving OMAC untis. Not happy.

• 13-05-2012 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Well folks,

Bit of a odd question. How would one move from one OMAC unit to another?

Long story short, I feel like I've been not made very welcome to the unit, there has been a bit of a cliquey atmosphere with is very obvious in the unit right up to and including the OC. How do I approach this? I've thought about this, I would like to stay in the organisation but not in the unit I'm in. I'm only there a year. :(

Anybody have a similar experience?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Easiest thing to do would be talk to your OC about moving units

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Swirly Whirly

miju wrote: »
    Easiest thing to do would be talk to your OC about moving units

How do I mention that given that the OC is as bad as the rest of them at times? Or without burning bridges so to speak. Make up a random excuse :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

PM me and I'll gladly help you out. It's not best to discuss in an open forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

if your not happy with the oc, go to the regional director. yes it may burn a bridge or two if they look on it as going behind their backs, but you'll be in a new unit by then and wont have to worry.

ive been with omac 10 years now and have seen many issues like the one you've described, so id advise you to act sooner rather then later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bigbear899

I transfered units recently and I did not have to let the OiC of my old unit know I was leaving. I did however out of curtesy.
    All you need do is get a transfer form, get the OiC of the unit you are transfering to to sign it and send it to the RD of the region you will be transfering to for them to sign it off. this will then be sent to HQ for the Director to sign off on it.

But if you do not want to speak to the OiC of the unit you are in you do not need to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement