Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dim And Dimmer

Options
  • 13-05-2012 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys, had to take a page from my partner and voice my opinion here. We went and saw Dim and Dimmer last night at Garter Lane, I am a big supporter of local arts and would always rather do other things besides the crowded pub scene on a Saturday night, but I was blown away. The set, the costumes and the cast were brilliant. They even managed to have the dog van and mini motor bike, Well done to all involved. I hope the local theater scene continues to thrive and prosper under the young people involved in this project.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

saw it myself on friday night! dumb and dumber would have been among my top 5 favourite films for years and this did it justice! the 2 leads were hilarious (especially "floyd")!

a bigger budget would have been nice tho with perhaps more music to create an ambience and a big screen behind the van/bike to emphasise the travelling part.

few small thing annoyed me tho! when floyd says "killer boots man!" to the policeman, he's wearing shoes, not boots. and when the lads are shivering on the small bike, theres nothing in the set to tell you why (unless you'd seen the film obv)

would love to see the lads get a few bob together for a bigger production next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Ah shyte. Never even heard about this to be honest. It sounds like it was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Wasnt sure whether to go or not (with the lack of funds, i need to really pick and choose events im goin to). Sounds great so im kinda gutted now. Like others on here, I would consider D&D one of the best comedies ever. They will hopefully be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Bought tickets to see this Saturday night but ended up getting called for work 30 mins before it started.. pretty disappointed cos i was really looking forward to seeing it.. I did hear that there might be a DVD of the play coming out? i'll get that if its true :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anita1022

You heard right there is a DVD of the show coming out asap... worth the buy as it's not only has the show itself it has some added footage of all the cast an crew behind the scenes/bloopers/rehearsals. ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Heathen wrote: »
    Bought tickets to see this Saturday night but ended up getting called for work 30 mins before it started.. pretty disappointed cos i was really looking forward to seeing it.. I did hear that there might be a DVD of the play coming out? i'll get that if its true :-)

Thanks for the text letting me know you had spare tickets bud. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

was at the show on the Thur night - absolutly brilliant. to turn that movie into a play was genius. well done to all involved. for those of you who missed it, im hearing it will be back in sept/oct. Please support local talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 So like totally

Eh, it wasn't that good now. Acting was shabby at most parts, the backstage crew were very under rehearsed, the only real effort put into the show was the dog van and Darren's acting!

Yes it was funny, but it was only funny because of the fact that it was Dumb and Dumber, not because of what was presented on the stage. If someone had of sat on the stage and just read the script, it would still have been funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Hopefully Darren did alright he put alot of effort into the play and it was his first time producing a play, so there were bound to be a few mistakes but that is how people learn is it not. Hopefully he does another one and keeps improving a local lad is trying to entertain fair play to him and good luck.

Advertisement