Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan: Work & Travel visa.

Options
  • 13-05-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of info here on this, I hope this is the correct place, the Japan forum appears very dormant!

Basically, my OH is leaving for a years work in August of this year. She will be working in Japan.

I have a plan in my head at the moment to maybe head over in January 2013 to her and possibly stay with her for the duration of her placement. So I'd be looking at staying from say January to July until we both return home to Ireland.

As her job placement is already arranged she is more or less sorted. I however, would have to look for somewhere to work for a little while. We'll both be newly graduated from college so I see this as a nice opportunity to travel a bit and also not remain horribly love sick for a year :p

I've been doing a bit of reading and am very interested in this visa:

http://www.ie.emb-japan.go.jp/working%20holiday.htm

What I need to know really is the issuing time frame of such a visa and if anyone else has any experience with application for it.

Any information at all is appreciated as this is going to be completely surreal for me but I'm also excited about such a prospect!

Many thanks,

HW61

Advertisement