Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Omnia 7 stuck on Boot screen?

Options
  • 13-05-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if there's a thread on this already but I have been looking for the past hour and cannot find anything. My sister has been using a Windows phone Samsung Omnia 7 for the past few months and has been loving it. Yesterday the phone appeared to reset by itself and this morning does not appear to be able to turn on at all. The samsung omnia 7 boot screen appears and it goes no further than that.

I have tried a hard reset but to no avail. Any tips? I have a rooted SGS2 on the latest Darky ROM myself so would be familiar with flashing etc. ANy help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

pedatron wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry if there's a thread on this already but I have been looking for the past hour and cannot find anything. My sister has been using a Windows phone Samsung Omnia 7 for the past few months and has been loving it. Yesterday the phone appeared to reset by itself and this morning does not appear to be able to turn on at all. The samsung omnia 7 boot screen appears and it goes no further than that.

I have tried a hard reset but to no avail. Any tips? I have a rooted SGS2 on the latest Darky ROM myself so would be familiar with flashing etc. ANy help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Its pretty much the same way to flash a rom on WP7 for Omnia 7. You could try flashing an official ROM, if not send it away for repair, it sounds to me more like something to do with the chipset rather the software. It doesn't or shouldnt do it itself.

You can have a look on XDA how to flash roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Its pretty much the same way to flash a rom on WP7 for Omnia 7. You could try flashing an official ROM, if not send it away for repair, it sounds to me more like something to do with the chipset rather the software. It doesn't or shouldnt do it itself.

You can have a look on XDA how to flash roms.

Hi. Sorry I've been away for the past few weeks and am only getting back to doing this now. Tried flashing a rom alright and ended up with an Australian ROM on it. Worked fine for a few days but again problems arose. Will flash once more and if that doesn't sort it I'll have to send it away. Pity because when it works its a nice phone. Thanks for your reply though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I have one and had a similar problem, it just rebooted itself one day and then came back up with none of my data/settings. It only showed as having about 16MB of storage as well. I tried a few hard resets, and then it got stuck on the boot screen. It went back to samsung, they put in a new mother board and it has been working great ever since. Only took a week or so which wasn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

stevenmu wrote: »
    I have one and had a similar problem, it just rebooted itself one day and then came back up with none of my data/settings. It only showed as having about 16MB of storage as well. I tried a few hard resets, and then it got stuck on the boot screen. It went back to samsung, they put in a new mother board and it has been working great ever since. Only took a week or so which wasn't bad.

Was the phone under warranty? Mine isn't so I wonder would anybody local do it?

Advertisement