Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nespresso machines - where to start ?

• 13-05-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hopefully not an FAQ or sticky ...

I am interested in getting a Nespresso machine at some point in the near future.
    I am looking for the most basic trusty model that does nothing other than make an espresso sizes shot of black/arabica style coffee into the teeny espresso cups.
    I've used them once or twice in hotel en-suites and found them handy for a sudden shot of coffee.

I don't care for frothy/cappcucinos/mochas what not.
    I drink my coffee like I drink whiskey (nothing added.. just as God intended, etc).
    Looking at the models and also adverts.ie it is hard to understand the product line and pricing.

any guidance ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You'd be better off buying a new one at the moment. You can get one off amazon for around €100. Then register it on nespresso before 3rd July and you will get €50 off your order. You won't get the €50 off for a second hand one and will easily spend it.

The machines just seem to deliver the same coffee so just pick which one you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Most basic model is about 99 quid. Just makes black coffee. You put your pod in, press the button and coffee comes out. You press the button again and it stops. It doesnt have a moveable tray so you just get the one cup.

I think you'd be better going for the Pixie which is 150 euros. Same thing, but heats up faster, has a moveable tray and you can programme the machine to give you how much coffee you want, without having to switch it off.

Def get it soon if you are interested in it. That 50 euro voucher is awesome!

Hope that was of help

Advertisement